Lounge - June 2015 (Page 2)

Disappearing PHP Variables

Hello, I'm working on a peice of PHP code which produces a separate PHP document that contains HTML code with some PHP along side. When this document is created...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, this worked for me. I was trying to save a PHP file with text ... (by softwaretime)
More of a Discussion Bad or Not?

I've been reading several articles over the fact that this is bad for you and I want to hear your output on this, because this is a debatable topic. In today's ...
[9 replies] Last: This thread is brought to you by: Chrome Incognito Mode. For those ti... (by Homberto)
by LB
Visual Studio 2015

For those of you VS fans, you'll be happy to know that Visual Studio 2015 actually has some pretty decent support for C++11 now. Here's some interesting article...
[3 replies] Last: (Visual Studio Code) (by BinaryDonuts)
Is it possible?

The title says it all, I want to hear from you guys on your opinion on this it's summer right now and I have a job but thinking to quit. I go to summer school r...
[4 replies] Last: That is what I'm going to start doing forcing myself like you said. I ... (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
by Disch
Hillary Clinton is the worst (1,2)

So 4 years ago I was blown away at how terrible of a candidate Mitt Romney was. He was basically like a cartoon caricature of every single negative Republican ...
[34 replies] Last: If you watch the longer version, with the reply, it is even more ludic... (by admkrk)
by vzista
Best way to Learn C++ and C++/MFC

So after reading 68 pages of C++ Primer 5th Edition (so Boooring -_- ...) i just realized that it's pure C++ while what i want is C+++C++/MFC :D so i can create...
[4 replies] Last: For what its worth, MFC isnt required for Windows applicatons and does... (by NoXzema)
by tunexf
Microsoft Certification

Hi guys, has anyone on here taken the MTA 98-361 (C#) or the MTA 98 -366(network) exams. If yes, what was the difficulty level like? How long did you take t...
[no replies]
Programming principles by bjourne or c++ primer

Ok I have learned the very basics of c++ like variables, loops, if and else, etc. I am still not the best versed in classes yet and still learning the importanc...
[8 replies] Last: hello, I liked c++ template metaprogramming by David Abrahams and Ake... (by mmw)
Attention All Bitcoin Miners

I was thinking about beginning to mine bitcoin, I know I'm a little late to the party and that CPU/GPU mining rigs are downright not worth the time. My question...
[1 reply] : Have you considered vising the bitcoin reddit? I'm sure you're not the... (by LB)
question minecraft c++

if minecraft was made in c++,everyone could play ftb? sorry for bad English.
[10 replies] Last: Minecraft's old codebase (pre 1.0) was excusable for that reason. It w... (by Albatross)
Ever experienced this?

Just got a buzzcut, biggest mistake of my life. Thought I try something new, now I regret it and I miss my hair lmao, oh well atleast it's summer school. There'...
[8 replies] Last: I've always wanted to shave my head but I just don't have the guts, I ... (by cryptojojo)
Good book for learning C++11/C++14

I am thinking of buying Effective Modern C++ by Scott Meyers. Please suggest some books along with their pros and cons
[2 replies] Last: Amazon has real nice function -- they let readers post reviews. Scott ... (by closed account Gvp9LyTq)
by koopey
big black screen for coding

In sitcoms like Silicon Valley, whenever computers are shown in the background, they have this big black screen with various 'compartments' filled with multi-co...
[19 replies] Last: What you described reminds me of a text editor called sublime text. Ma... (by mindoo)
Where you see c++ in 10 years

Where you see c++ in 10 years in terms of: jobs, money, functionality, software, GUI's, usage, and popularity? Do you think the job market will be ready for th...
[no replies]
by LB
Receiving credit for your work (1,2,3,4)

One of the arguments I often see in favor of intellectual property law, copyright, patents, etc. is that people think that the original author should be credite...
[76 replies] Last: [quote=zepher]Clearly he did fully accept his views as wrong by his ac... (by LB)
Worst ISP Experience

My ATT internet has been unable to do things like Google or use Google maps, pull from git repositories, update Linux packages. It's been like this for almost t...
[3 replies] Last: Relevant xkcd: https://xkcd.com/806/ (by ModShop)
What would you tell your friend/relative if they asked you to explain some of your coding (programs)

assuming that your friend/relative has no prior experience with coding.. What would you tell them? would you even bother explaining your code?
[10 replies] Last: Lately I've got more of a knack for structuring large programs into in... (by TheBeardedQuack)
by admkrk
Testing

It does not seem like I can make new topics. They show up blank in preview and the length stays at 0. Just posting this to see what actually happens. <edit> St...
[no replies]
Manage your time?

How do you manage your time with learning c++ in between you have work and school for college? I just got a job and I start in two weeks, summer school already...
[4 replies] Last: Lol! Yeah, I wouldn't be able to do that, if the teacher ask me a ques... (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
Lifting makes you smarter?

What's up everyone! I was reading in a article that lifting weights actually makes you smarter, and it decreases stress. goes more in depth than what it does to...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, I'm of aware of that phrase :) also my neighborhood swimming pool... (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
June 2015 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [may2015] [jul2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.