UNIX/Linux Programming - July 2013

How to print value in boost::u32regex & reg

Hi All, I want to print value in boost::u32regex & reg using 'std::cout'. for 'boost::regex & reg', i can print reg.str() but not able to use str() to boo...
[1 reply] : u32regex from boost/regex/icu.hpp is a regular boost::basic_regex, b... (by Cubbi)
NCurses SHIFT+UP and SHIFT+DOWN

On Linux using NCurses (version 5.9) the keys KEY_SLEFT and KEY_SRIGHT are defined, however KEY_SUP and KEY_SDOWN are missing. Since I have Windows and PDCurse...
[5 replies] Last: OK, so I looked it up. (Because PDCurses and NCurses should not differ... (by Duthomhas)
Corba/Mico reincarnation through the ServantManager

I'm using Mico/Corba to Programm a Predictiongame. I've got a Problem with the server. The Problem is the reincarnation of saved files through the ServantManage...
[1 reply] : I've found a solution. The repoid must be unique too. ::Predictiong... (by Dominik82)
ubuntu chat plugin

hi all, i want to write a plugin for ubuntu chat software when a person listen to a music with a music player such as banshee or ... the status in messenger s...
[2 replies] Last: but in pidgin in linux we can choos our music player and it support al... (by foozhan)
error

hi all; i configure a file in ubuntu 11.04 but this error occur configure: error: *** -lm not found! *** i enter this commands in command line ma...
[4 replies] Last: Configures fine on my Debian box. What is the output of "ldconfig -p |... (by norm b)
Socket recv receiving 0s

Hello, I am working out an issue bringing a simple sockets conversation online. Need a little input. I am configuring a socket server to run on an ARM pro...
[1 reply] : What's the value of status_? That one at a time push_back of the cont... (by kbw)
cout not printing while in while loop

This one is really stumping me. Inside this while loop there are a few cout statements which should print something to the screen. Right now the loop is infinit...
[1 reply] : > I know the program is taking the last line because the screen is bei... (by ne555)
boost coroutine and asio test build failed on linux x64 platform with gcc4.7

I try to build the example code provide by boost asio example: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/doc/html/boost_asio/example/cpp11/spawn/echo_server.cpp I...
[2 replies] Last: you mean the link order is important? As far as I known it is no requi... (by watsonsong)
by ssaa
returning object&

hi guys, i have the following class class object { public object(parameters); ... const object& method1(parameters) const; object& method2(...
[2 replies] Last: migth you be more specific writing down an example? which criteria sh... (by ssaa)
g++/ddd: No symbol in current context

I'm compiling with g++ with the -g and -O0 flags, and often when I'm debugging, I'll get errors such as "No symbol "XXX" in current context. It doesn't always h...
[2 replies] Last: There is no such thing as "optimization off" in g++ (or gcc , for t... (by Jim Tison)
by kaiwei
How to install boost library to ubuntu

Now I am trying to install boost library to my ubuntu OS. I following the instruction from: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/more/getting_started/unix-va...
[6 replies] Last: I figure it out. Anyway, thanks @norm b, @narku9333! (by kaiwei)
by bzz77
Need to compile large C++ code with gcc/4.7.2. Getting "undefined reference" errors that I don't understand

Hello, I'm trying to compile a large C++ code with gcc/4.7.2. There are a few C files sprinkled throughout the code. I first compile several individual librar...
[4 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2481269/how-to-make-simple-c-makefi... (by ne555)
by bzz77
gcc/4.7.2: fatal error: cstdlib: No such file or directory

I am working with a code that has mostly been developed in C++. There are a few C files too. I'm quite new to programming; this is an engineering code. ...
[7 replies] Last: Hey if you're still there, DTSCode, it did work!! I needed to add an ... (by bzz77)
C++ programs are Using Linux or Unix Plat Form Why?

Hi, I need to clear about, why C++ programs are choosing Linux Platform, We can implement in Windows Plat form also. Why, is there any benefit or more securi...
[3 replies] Last: because coding on linux is much simpler than on windows. (by niesongsong)
color

Hi, I want to change color of my text with <stdlib.h> but when I run my program I see this : sh: 1: color: not found and then my program runs normally but t...
[12 replies] Last: One of these days I'm just gonna stop trying... (by Duthomhas)
Exponential Moving Average with std:: map

hey guys, i want to use exponential moving average with std::map. Actually what i have to do is whenever the duplicate key arrives during run time the mapped v...
[4 replies] Last: I played around a bit. #include <stdexcept> #include <iostream> #in... (by cire)
self-compilation of procps on Ubuntu 64-bit

First of all I send greetings to all members of the forum, in particular to all readers of my thread. I am currently dealing with a strange compilation issue on...
[3 replies] Last: They start with procps_3.2.8, but there are 75 patch files in the deb ... (by norm b)
Installing Unix

I would like to install Unix.Any sites to intstall Unix. I wanna learn pen testing so thats why I wanna install it. Thanks
[9 replies] Last: OK thnaks (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
by BlakeK
Homebrew and pkg-config libraries

Good afternoon everyone. I have a small application I've created that uses the library gtk+-3.0. I'm able to build it fine on my Linux machines. So, I decide...
[3 replies] Last: I use Fink because it has PPC support. I try to support PPC/PPC64 alo... (by kbw)
Windowing library

So I'm working on a project and need to load up a window however the only information I can find is for windows (windows.h) and the project is kind of stalled f...
[3 replies] Last: I second GTK+ and QT. One thing I love about GTK+ is how easy it is t... (by BlakeK)
July 2013 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.