UNIX/Linux Programming - August 2013

"strict aliasing" problem in gcc 4.1.2

Have simple program #include <iostream> #include <list> class CBase { int m_Base; public: CB...
[2 replies] Last: Cubbi, my workaround is not about suppressing warning , it's just shou... (by icegood)
by Thang
Which steps are needed for an Unicode program

Hi everyone! I'm sorry about my English and perhaps about the title of this thread because I don't ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi Duoas, thank you so much for you attention. I'm trying to create a ... (by Thang)
by sc2di
Two clients getting the same file descriptor for TCP connection to a server

Hello Everybody! I am picking up network programming and I am following Beej's Guide to Network P...
[4 replies] Last: This is sample output from this program, during the time when its work... (by sc2di)
Basic Compiling... (1,2)

I'm not new to C++, but I just recently decided to switch to Linux (Windows 8 sucks...) and I'm havi...
[23 replies] Last: oh ok. (by IWishIKnew)
Multiple TCP Server, one program

Hey there, I am as new in this forum as I am in Linux network programming. So Hello, first of all. ...
[7 replies] Last: You don't want to poll a whole bunch of sockets like that. It might b... (by kbw)
Debian Control File: How to tell amd64 arch systems they depend on libudev1:i386

Hi All, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the proper way to agnosticly tell any system tha...
[no replies]
Try to compiler my NFC ACR122 file

Please I need a help, on this code , I just bought a new NFC device and try to run this code ...
[6 replies] Last: Using the library. There is the file `/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libctacs.pc' ... (by ne555)
Extract phoneme form an audio file

I have finished my speech recognition program in C++, and now I am building the dictionary. I have a...
[13 replies] Last: Audacity is a great tool you can download to analyze waveforms. Recor... (by Stewbond)
by stasov
strange behaviour of procmail when piping content to c++ executable

I have a working procmail config. this is the rc.filters : :0 w :a.lock * ^From:(.*\<)?(try@gm...
[no replies]
Mix-Language Program Problem: Array Access

I'm writing a C++ program that calls fortran subroutines. The C++ program also uses structs to acces...
[3 replies] Last: The problem was that my variable order did not match the order within ... (by deadpickle)
Color Output

Hello, I need help with colors I looked at other color pages but I couldn't find anything like what...
[2 replies] Last: I would but I'm on an android linux you know like nostly linux but I c... (by timprograms)
Getting screen resolution

So I'm writing a game and I want to know how can i get the resolution of the computer the game is ru...
[5 replies] Last: #include <windows.h> Edit: At least for Windows (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
PLEASE HELP ME (1,2)

My hp mini is on the verge of failing on windows xp...and I have installed linux mint but my problem...
[31 replies] Last: Sadly, in a house with no ground for any electronics, I feel the pain.... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Linux mint broadcom 802.11 issues

I just installed the most recent linux mint 15 and have no access to the internet only ethernet conn...
[8 replies] Last: You can bridge with Linux as well with iptables. :D Also, read the wik... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
by ragur
C++ Application gets crashed with gdb core as no loadable section

Hi, My C++ application gets crashed with core file "warning: no loadable sections found in ...
[1 reply] : http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.devel/28912 (by kbw)
the last of the sfml issues

thanks to everyone whos helped me install sfml, and now theres on last issue. I am running ubuntu 13...
[10 replies] Last: ummm i actually deleted it to start over, i realized that i might have... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
copying sfml to the standard search path

so im trying sfml for the first time, and im running natty. i downloaded sfml and unpacked, and then...
[9 replies] Last: i figured it out. im just compiling with -I and when i eventually gene... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by fafner
Qt + SFML Compiler error

I'm trying to compile a Qt-app using SFML. I'm using qt 5.1 and SFML 2.0. I edited my .pro file to i...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not familiar with Apple terminology, but I have a Linux app (Qt 5.... (by norm b)
by Cort
Problem with FD_ZERO on raspberry pi

Problem solved. Don't use a variable with the same name as a typedef (fd_set) Sorry bothering anyo...
[1 reply] : #include <sys/select.h> But you should have it in sys/types.h. I'l... (by kbw)
by Ceset
classes gives errors

hi guys i m new at linux programing actually new at programing and i have a problem. at windows #...
[6 replies] Last: i know that was meant for ceset, but thanks ne555. that will make my c... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
August 2013 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.