UNIX/Linux Programming - August 2013

"strict aliasing" problem in gcc 4.1.2

Have simple program #include <iostream> #include <list> class CBase { int m_Base; public: CBase() {} CBase(int Ai) {m_Base = Ai;} virtual ~CBase() {...
[2 replies] Last: Cubbi, my workaround is not about suppressing warning , it's just shou... (by icegood)
by Thang
Which steps are needed for an Unicode program

Hi everyone! I'm sorry about my English and perhaps about the title of this thread because I don't know what is it called. My problem is I want to write a C++...
[4 replies] Last: Hi Duoas, thank you so much for you attention. I'm trying to create a ... (by Thang)
by sc2di
Two clients getting the same file descriptor for TCP connection to a server

Hello Everybody! I am picking up network programming and I am following Beej's Guide to Network Programming. Its been great so far, but now I came to a probl...
[4 replies] Last: This is sample output from this program, during the time when its work... (by sc2di)
Basic Compiling... (1,2)

I'm not new to C++, but I just recently decided to switch to Linux (Windows 8 sucks...) and I'm having trouble running compiled programs. Is there any recommen...
[23 replies] Last: oh ok. (by IWishIKnew)
Multiple TCP Server, one program

Hey there, I am as new in this forum as I am in Linux network programming. So Hello, first of all. I reached a point of beeing confused, after 5 different boo...
[7 replies] Last: You don't want to poll a whole bunch of sockets like that. It might b... (by kbw)
Debian Control File: How to tell amd64 arch systems they depend on libudev1:i386

Hi All, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the proper way to agnosticly tell any system that is installing my .deb package that it depends on the 32 bi...
[no replies]
Try to compiler my NFC ACR122 file

Please I need a help, on this code , I just bought a new NFC device and try to run this code #include <stdio.h> #include<ctacs/ct_api.h> int main(in...
[6 replies] Last: Using the library. There is the file `/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libctacs.pc' ... (by ne555)
Extract phoneme form an audio file

I have finished my speech recognition program in C++, and now I am building the dictionary. I have a problem about this and I need some helps. I am very tired f...
[13 replies] Last: Audacity is a great tool you can download to analyze waveforms. Recor... (by Stewbond)
by stasov
strange behaviour of procmail when piping content to c++ executable

I have a working procmail config. this is the rc.filters : :0 w :a.lock * ^From:(.*\<)?(try@gmail\.com)\> | $HOME/executable/a.out this file compiles a...
[no replies]
Mix-Language Program Problem: Array Access

I'm writing a C++ program that calls fortran subroutines. The C++ program also uses structs to access fortran common blocks. Here is the C++ code. Unfortunately...
[3 replies] Last: The problem was that my variable order did not match the order within ... (by deadpickle)
Color Output

Hello, I need help with colors I looked at other color pages but I couldn't find anything like what I need... Right now it writes Hello and ! In red the name i...
[2 replies] Last: I would but I'm on an android linux you know like nostly linux but I c... (by timprograms)
Getting screen resolution

So I'm writing a game and I want to know how can i get the resolution of the computer the game is running on. Any help would be appreciated. Ass. jonhy31
[5 replies] Last: #include <windows.h> Edit: At least for Windows (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
PLEASE HELP ME (1,2)

My hp mini is on the verge of failing on windows xp...and I have installed linux mint but my problem is that I cant get my wireless driver to work on it so I ca...
[31 replies] Last: Sadly, in a house with no ground for any electronics, I feel the pain.... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Linux mint broadcom 802.11 issues

I just installed the most recent linux mint 15 and have no access to the internet only ethernet connection but my local library wont let me plug their cord in.....
[8 replies] Last: You can bridge with Linux as well with iptables. :D Also, read the wik... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
by ragur
C++ Application gets crashed with gdb core as no loadable section

Hi, My C++ application gets crashed with core file "warning: no loadable sections found in added symbol-file system-supplied DSO at 0x7fff79e54000 Cor...
[1 reply] : http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.devel/28912 (by kbw)
the last of the sfml issues

thanks to everyone whos helped me install sfml, and now theres on last issue. I am running ubuntu 13.04 64 bit with g++ installed. i was getting these same issu...
[10 replies] Last: ummm i actually deleted it to start over, i realized that i might have... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
copying sfml to the standard search path

so im trying sfml for the first time, and im running natty. i downloaded sfml and unpacked, and then tried to copy the include folder of sfml to /usr/include/c+...
[9 replies] Last: i figured it out. im just compiling with -I and when i eventually gene... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by fafner
Qt + SFML Compiler error

I'm trying to compile a Qt-app using SFML. I'm using qt 5.1 and SFML 2.0. I edited my .pro file to include this: QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -stdlib=libc++ QMAKE_C...
[3 replies] Last: I'm not familiar with Apple terminology, but I have a Linux app (Qt 5.... (by norm b)
by Cort
Problem with FD_ZERO on raspberry pi

Problem solved. Don't use a variable with the same name as a typedef (fd_set) Sorry bothering anyone. Wim. Hello, I ran into a problem which on my rapsberry...
[1 reply] : #include <sys/select.h> But you should have it in sys/types.h. I'l... (by kbw)
by Ceset
classes gives errors

hi guys i m new at linux programing actually new at programing and i have a problem. at windows #include "myclass.h" wasnt giving any errors but in linux(i u...
[6 replies] Last: i know that was meant for ceset, but thanks ne555. that will make my c... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
August 2013 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.