UNIX/Linux Programming - March 2012 (Page 2)

Initiate session and take control in another process

Hi! The idea is to initiate a session (eg, sqlplus, ssh, etc) in a process and once the session is established, control is transferred this session to an...
[1 reply] : The only thing which is different in parent and child process is the r... (by sandeepdas)
Trouble opening text file?

I cannot get my file to open a text file to read the values Here is the error: 'wordbench.cpp: In member function ‘bool WordBench::ReadText(const fsu:...
[1 reply] : ¿What you don't understand of the message? You need to pass a const ... (by ne555)
Confused about memset

I am studying socket programming and i encountered this code. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket....
[4 replies] Last: Thank you! (by the transltr)
How to setup ubuntu inside window 7??

I'm want setup ubuntu 11.10 inside window 7????
[6 replies] Last: @moorecm u r right. (by beyonder2015)
Split a bank queue into three lines

Alright, I have a homework assignment that I've been working on. I obviously don't want it done for me, but I am stuck and I could use some help. The following ...
[1 reply] : Upload it somewhere, maybe on http://ideone.com/ or http://localhostr.... (by S G H)
problem in Fibnacci series

Statement : Each new term in the Fibonacci sequence is generated by adding the previous two terms. By starting with 1 and 2, the first 10 terms will be: 1, 2...
[4 replies] Last: You're going through 4000000 million iterations. I think you need to ... (by Stewbond)
by sledge
Vector.push_back pass by reference or value? (1,2)

Hi guys, I am pretty new to c++, I am coming from java. I am having doubts about the function vector.push_back( T& x), in the documentation i am guessing...
[25 replies] Last: This is very entertaining to read (by Jadax)
Linux System Programming

Hello friends, Here I'm discussion about a well Linux System Programming training institute :- Emblogic is the out growing institute for providing Linux d...
[1 reply] : I found this site is good to learn more linux commands http://command... (by devinwhite717)
the most basic of OSes

Hi, I wanted to know the easiest way of making a SIMPLE bootable c++ program (command line) that I could boot from. I already have the program written, but...
[3 replies] Last: IMO: you should look into some basic asm programming - although cpp mi... (by ZED0815)
by fafner
EOF not working

I'm toying around with some basic encryption, and I'm trying to read a file byte by byte. My code for this is: while((byte = fgetc(inf)) != EOF) { fputc(byt...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cstdio/fgetc/ This link a... (by stevenYANG)
fork() problem

Hi can someone help me please with multiple fork problem. I have problem with creating processes going child by child...It means I create one child after it a c...
[13 replies] Last: my result: root@localhost:/home/James/tmp/test# ./a.out 10 I am a ch... (by chenqi07)
trying to rescue a HD

I have a HD from an iMac that was no longer responsive, so I pulled it. Just for fun, I plugged it into my ubuntu system, and can (at least for the moment) see ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the help, guys. I've played with this off and on for the la... (by mzimmers)
How to sector read a usb drive

I am having issues with sector reading a USB drive in Linux. I am using the Linux unbuffered file I/O API calls. My call to open succeeds: open ( "/med...
[1 reply] : You have to access the device and not the mount point. Look at your de... (by shadow123)
explicit copy constructor and overload operators

Hi There, I have checked high and low for an answer, and many articles say it is not good top declare a copy-constructor as explicit. BUt beside these adivces, ...
[3 replies] Last: The copy-constructor is a special method that can be called without re... (by Rodolfo Ferraz)
by rushab
compile & run in kdevelop !

Pls help me... i use kdevelop. I dont know how to make & run a simple "hello world" code in it!! but i know the code: #include <iostream> using namespace ...
[2 replies] Last: @Texan40 Great site, thank you :) (by shadow123)
by n8c
segmentation fault

hello i am using g++ and trying to make a terminal application that siphons out the notes in the major scale(ionian mode) of a given key. it has compiled but as...
[2 replies] Last: :-O omg thank you so much Zhuge!!!!! that did it. for some reason i th... (by n8c)
by Chami
error: SDKDDKVer.h: No such file or directory

Hi all, I am new to Linux based C++ compiling. I have a c++ code that works fine in MS VS 2010 in windows. But once I tried to run it in Linux, I got this err...
[1 reply] : That file came only with Windows Sdk which can be downloaded from Micr... (by modoran)
by sunaj
build and link shared lib

Hi, This is a beginner question, but I'm stuck so please help me if you can :) I'm trying to compile a simple c++ program with g++ on 64bit ubuntu - and I j...
[5 replies] Last: Adding an entry in the dynamic loader configuration file is far from i... (by kev82)
headerfiles

hello , i wrote aprogram abc.h #ifndef abc_h #define abc_h #include <iostream.h> class abc { public: int a,b,c; void add(); }; #endif another ab...
[4 replies] Last: suppose we r using any IDE like VC++ ,DEV c++ inthat we are not using... (by vigneswari)
termio.h hello world

Hi all I'm trying to understand the termio.h header file. However, all information I find is quite old and everything seems to happen in C code instead of C+...
[7 replies] Last: Haha, no problem, I'm there now. I've got this marked as solved, thank... (by Rafael Berkvens)
March 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [feb2012] [apr2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.