Windows Programming - April 2012 (Page 3)

How to Get Maximum Size of 3D object in Direct3D

Hello Everybody, I am implementing one application in which I have one irregular shape 3d object. I want to get maximum size of cone out of the irregular sha...
[no replies]
Visual studio, Urgent help needed!!!

I have a database, where we have connections between Report and Database with Dataset. I need to change something in the Database, acourding to which I need it ...
[1 reply] : This is a C++ forum, not a Visual Basic forum. Ask your question else... (by webJose)
providing call back function to windows API

hello, can I provide a C++ class member function to windows API? should I specify the calling convention? if it is not possible, currently i am passing a st...
[4 replies] Last: answering my own question, function should be declared as CALLBACK, wi... (by mobilevil)
by bzb95
Different vk key for arrow keys vs number keys

vk_left,vk_right,vk_up,vk_down are actually the corresponding number pad keys(4,6,8,2). If i wanted to trigger a arrow key press what vk key do i use? I've look...
[1 reply] : Aren't they the same? Did you search in the VK list for similar names? (by S G H)
WinSock - send and receive whole vectors.

I want to make a multi-player game using WinSock and I need a method of sending all the data to the server and to multiple clients. My current method is, the cl...
[16 replies] Last: Just another thought on send() and recv(): Even in blocking mode, a... (by kooth)
MSN personal message change;

Hello, first of all, sorry for my english. I am trying make some code for change msn personal message. My code is based in this sources: http://tpforums.or...
[10 replies] Last: modoran: I dont find WM_COPYDATA or 0x0547 message attaching spy++ to ... (by GAPStyle)
by dingel
VirtualAlloc

First i would like to say that this forum is great. am currently learning most of it on my own, c++ and the win32 api. so to my problem: am looking inside ...
[15 replies] Last: I just want to thank you -for the great help. i appriciate it and i l... (by dingel)
Char arrays and file input and out put Update!

So here the story I trying to create a program that will read a file and based on the file info . It choice the correct switch statement and does the assigned f...
[7 replies] Last: 1. again don't call rewind(Calculatorfile); (remove it) 2. remove... (by blackcoder41)
Backgroundworker: picturebox.invoke error

Hi, I have a backgroundworker to prevent my UI from crashing. However, within the background function I need to update my UI. I read that using the control's...
[1 reply] : Almost nobody in this forum knows C++/CLI. For help with this Microso... (by webJose)
Regular Expressins TR1

Hi, I need advice. I have simple artifical example. #include <regex> const std::string sStdPattern = "(A)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)(B)"; co...
[3 replies] Last: Then maybe ECMA engine is not appropiate for you. I used PCRE (Perl Co... (by modoran)
by HenryJ
Vector Problem

Hi guys, How do you create a vector for a class you defined because this does not work for some reason: ... vector<wxPoint> Start; ... wxPoint positio...
[3 replies] Last: I'd make a vector of class pointers and 'new' and 'delete' each pointe... (by S G H)
Custom program style (GUI look and feel)

Hello, I've been searching the internet and so far haven't come up with any answers that can set me on te right path... I'd like to make a program in C++ ...
[9 replies] Last: Yes, behind the scenes the application uses ActiveX controls using IWe... (by modoran)
How to see complete SQL command

Hello! I am using a Interbase Query Component(IBQ_cuentasComp) with some variables: datamodule->IBQ_cuentasComp->SQL->Text = "UPDATE \"cuentasSaldo\" CS SE...
[no replies]
creating a standalone portaudio program

Hi all, I am relatively new to using external library nadI have the following problem with portaudio.I've searched the archive and found Mark question which ...
[1 reply] : What you need is called static-linking. But keep in mind that sometime... (by TheDestroyer)
how extract the coordinates of a points

hello! I have a big problem and hopefully find some help here: I would like to extract the coordinates of each contour point of my object and then save them in ...
[1 reply] : What contour point? and what coordinates? and what object? Why do guy... (by TheDestroyer)
by jorz
Store data in class

Hi All, I have a class that picks up data from the serial port and I receive the amount of switches a LDR measures just 1 and 0. Now I would like to stor...
[1 reply] : If you want to accumulate your data in a container, use std containers... (by TheDestroyer)
by Mel3
How to have C++ return the 'type' of a variable or object?

in Visual Basic you can find out the type of a variable with something like... MsgBox TypeName(VARIABLE_GOES_HERE) 1 - Is there an equivalent in C++ ? 2 ...
[4 replies] Last: You may use C++11 and decltype. (by S G H)
Windows threads

Im looking for a way to safely pause and resume threads. What I want to do is emulate how windows allots processor time for threads. aka "you can go"..."now sto...
[3 replies] Last: Mutexes or any other synchronization object like events are good, yes,... (by webJose)
question about the DOS shell

Hi - I need to write a couple small scripts, but I'm pretty new to Windows/DOS. What are the DOS equivalents to the UNIX "./" and "../" constructs? In other ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, right...thanks for the reminder. I always forget about those damn ... (by mzimmers)
by gol350
How to display few bitmaps on the same coordinations.

I have four bitmaps. I have to display every of them on x = 0 and y = 0 coordinations. My task is to display only color different to white. White color is th...
[5 replies] Last: Are you sure your bitmaps's "white space" is COMPLETELY white? (Probab... (by S G H)
April 2012 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [mar2012] [may2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.