Windows Programming - December 2011 (Page 4)

by Deluge
MinGW - Can't Link Statically to libstdc++

I just got a fresh install of MinGW with gcc/g++ 4.6.1, and I've compiled wxWidgets 2.9.3. But anytime I try to run one of my executables I get a dll error: En...
[no replies]
Windows Messages

I had added the below code to my wndproc: LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { FILE* fpw = fopen("windows_...
[11 replies] Last: like to be independant as well as being prefered app (by bruno45)
estimating stack size

is this appropriate code for estimating size of the stack? unsigned long int hi; void deeplynested(){ unsigned long int lo, len; lo = (unsigned int) &lo; len ...
[1 reply] : Your global variable hi is not going to be on the stack, so the result... (by andywestken)
by DouDou
Best approach to mixing managed code with unmanaged code

Hi, I have written a console version of a code in native C++. The code is computationally expensive so speed is an issue. I have developed using Windows Form...
[2 replies] Last: You can mix your C++ code using #pragma managed / #pragma unmanaged to... (by andywestken)
Open With Program...

Just going to ask this since I'm 85% dead inside right now ^_^ When you right click a file in Windows Explorer, you can open it with a program (open with...). ...
[6 replies] Last: webJose, you are my greatest friend of the hour, thank you ^_^ (by Shay9999)
Print out a Score?

Hey, I'm not sure how to go about printing text to the window. I've used WM_PAINT but it only prints it out once and then disappears, any help would be great.
[13 replies] Last: Wow thanks for all the help guys :) Turns out just throwing TextOut in... (by Calender Man)
by Phiru
InternetWriteFile(....

I am trying uploading files by using InterWriteFile function like this blow. InternetWriteFile(hFile, lpBuffer, dwNumberOfBytesToWrite, lpdwNumberOfBytesWritte...
[2 replies] Last: I got it. Thanks. (by Phiru)
Prevent Windows From Entering Hibernate Mode in WINDOWS 7

Hello, I have to prevent Windows 7 from entering Hibernate mode. Preventing it to enter SLEEP mode was done by "SetThreadExecutionState(ES_CONT...
[2 replies] Last: Hibernation is not enabled by default in windows 7, but I guess you co... (by modoran)
Socket Tutorials?

I've been studying the Win32 API for over a year now and I want to start learning WinSock. I have no knowledge with sockets and hardly know what they are. I'v...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, i do believe that Stewbons tutorial is more suited for beginners (by NanoBytes)
Game programming

Could someone point me in the direction of the software i would use to make 2D games. please and thank you.
[6 replies] Last: I myself use OpenGL. Its easy to understand once you get a grasp of wh... (by WinwordExonar)
Open Folder & Double Click file to use in program

Hey guys, I've read a bunch of discussions about items similar to what I'm looking for but nothing exact or useful enough to use. Instead of getline(cin,...
[2 replies] Last: webJose: I believe this is what I'm looking for. Thank a lot for poin... (by castrom3)
by AliDh
Adding an Icon to a Button (1,2)

Hi, I'm using Win32 C++ and want to add an Icon to the button, I have came up with this code which should but doesn't work: //Creating the button: HWND bu...
[29 replies] Last: win_skel.h - make sure the mainifest statment, i.e., the #pragma state... (by Lamblion)
Needing some help in a Windows Form Application

First things first. Yes I am a student, and yes this is an assignment. NO I DO NOT WANT YOU TO WRITE IT FOR ME. I simply need some help figuring out how to acco...
[7 replies] Last: And for the record, it was YOU that came in with the "macho" attitude. (by webJose)
A few questions.

Ok, this may seem stupid to some of you. But I'm teaching myself how to make Win32 apps for the first time, I only started today! I've made a basic window an...
[14 replies] Last: There are various tricks to avoiding a global window object. One that ... (by andywestken)
how to check if data carrier is inserted:

i googled for quite a lot of time but i haven't found anything... i'm looking for a way to check if a data carrier is inserted: i have 4 free interfaces ( I:\ J...
[no replies]
To communicate b/w machines

Hi All, I am trying to create a application that suppose to receive text / string from another program running on a different machine. Could you throw some l...
[2 replies] Last: ... (by WinwordExonar)
by Theta
GDI+ Deleting Pens?

I am a bit confused by something I read on MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533895%28v=VS.85%29.aspx On this article, I do not see anything...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, I had completely forgot about the object's destructor. Thanks for ... (by Theta)
by Phiru
FTP Upload in async?

I am using wininet.h to download or upload file to FTP. I opened Internet with this, InternetOpen("abc", INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG, NULL, NULL, INTERNET...
[no replies]
Can anyone help me with this-- C++ Memorable Numbers program

Memorable Numbers Standard telephone keypads contain the digits 0 through 9. The numbers 2 through 9 each have three letters associated with them, as is indic...
[10 replies] Last: Don't worry, you did nothing wrong ;) It was Jason who went against t... (by LB)
Moving a Character

I would like some help. I am trying to make a simple board game in hope of making a better RPG of some sort; but working my skill level up. If any of you are...
[1 reply] : Duplicate post: http://cplusplus.com/forum/general/57342/ (by cnoeval)
December 2011 Pages: 1234567
  Archived months: [nov2011] [jan2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.