Windows Programming - December 2011 (Page 5)

by pule85
Running an .exe file but skipping the cout lines

hello everybody, I've written a code for my university and, since i m pretty new at C++, it has a lot of "cout" inside to keep tracks of what the programme is ...
[3 replies] Last: thanks a lot for the useful tips. i thought there was a specific comm... (by pule85)
I need "HelloWorld" assisstance

I picked up the Course Tech Cenage Beginning Game Programming 3 Edition and the first bit of coding it shows is Hello World. I've tried getting it to run multip...
[8 replies] Last: @IWishIKnew, OP needs help with C++ game programming, not console appl... (by Jason777)
by Claymz
Typedef struct with pointer

Hi all, what does it mean, that after a typedef struct, after the custom name for it, there is also a pointer? Heres an example: typedef struct tagPAIN...
[8 replies] Last: typedef struct tagPAINTSTRUCT { HDC hdc; BOOL fErase; RECT rc... (by sohguanh)
Syntax error on visual C++ 2008

Could anyone tell me why I am getting syntax error ? I just copied below code from book and tried to run on visual c++ 2008... but I am getting syntax error but...
[3 replies] Last: What do you mean if I want to learn this ? Decide what language you ... (by Moschops)
by Helo
How can i send a mail with smtp in socket programming?

This is my client code: #include <windows.h> #include <winsock2.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <conio.h> int main() { WSADATA wsa; WORD Version=MAKEWORD...
[4 replies] Last: As I said Win32 COM contains mail support (by george135)
Windows form not recognizing custom class

Working on a group project, our group has not been able to use our custom HashTable class inside a Windows form (using Visual Studio 2010). Below is all the (h...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the tip guys; using a pointer allows it to build. Now to t... (by pelotron)
Problem with MFC CopyFile(sourcefile, destfile, FALSE)

Hi, I am trying to copy file from a local directory to a server directory..But I face a problem where the server directory folder is require username and passwo...
[4 replies] Last: You need to link against mpr.lib. See the function's documentation (t... (by webJose)
win32 file to listbox

All I am trying to do is put the contents of a text file in a WIN32 listbox. When I run the following code, I get lines of "||||" in the listbox. The console 'c...
[8 replies] Last: Texan: The "std::string lineBuffer;" code works flawlessly. I added "i... (by gwbcomm)
Find the application's directory in Windows

Hi, I am using GetModuleFileName(NULL, application_path, length) in order to get the application directory but it returns the entire path, including the name ...
[8 replies] Last: To :Lamblion (609) yeah, that's right! it should be single quo... (by kamilha)
by Phiru
CALLBACK func in MFC?

I used to be an API user; With API, I made procedure like this. BOOL CALLBACK MyProc(HWND, ....); Now, I try making MFC Project with VS 2010. Do I have to ...
[no replies]
win 32 Application in Visual C++ express

Hi everyone, I'm new to programming.Having problems trying to insert a program into a windows 32 application or form (not console application).I'm using the 20...
[1 reply] : Do you have any idea what programming language are you using ? (by modoran)
by dds
how to convert an array into a video and show it

Hi I am getting a float array from a TOF camera and i want to show it in a windows form. the camera gives a lot of data. the important ones are the descriptor...
[no replies]
AppDomain UserControl

Hello, I was wondering how i could accomplish something like this: private void form_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { try ...
[1 reply] : That is C#. Try the MSDN forums. (by webJose)
Serial hanging up

Hey, I'm having some problems with serial communication. I need to communicate a Windows PC with 2 devices, both requiring reading and writing. These devices ...
[no replies]
by Kahiko
Strange Winsock2 Results

I wrote a mini remote administration tool. The program conists of a client and server. 1.The server accepts the connection of the client 2.The server && clien...
[1 reply] : shameless self bump. It is still not fixed. I am getting crazy! (by Kahiko)
by soranz
MFC - printing string to .Format()

Hi ! I have a MFC app where I want to display a CString into a 'static' textbox using '.Format()' Originally I had this in a switch statement and it worked f...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, it is bound to the static control. Honestly, I'm not sure wha... (by soranz)
MFC Programming

Hi I am just trying to develop an interface to load a picture from a file using opencv. I created an SDI using the visual studio MFC. My main problem is that I...
[1 reply] : You use opencv when mfc already has a CImage class which is a wrapper ... (by modoran)
by Phiru
I execute Windows explorer, but..

I execute Windows Explorer(Class : systreeview32) by using shellexecute func on Windows XP. However, I want to expand "my computer" section. Because I need to...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, you're right. Iv been looking for that way to select(or expand) m... (by Phiru)
by Phiru
how to change drive name??

I am working on making virtual drive(which is showen like a real drive like local disk). when i run my project, the drive name is always "Local disk". I want t...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks Texan!! I got an error msg saying, "not found path". And I s... (by Phiru)
by AliDh
Displaying An Image

Hi, I am making a Win32 C++ Application and want to display an image in a child window. When I search it I have lots of results of how to do that for Visual C++...
[1 reply] : If you use the raw API you can do it in either. Dev-C++/MinGW don't h... (by Texan40)
December 2011 Pages: 1... 34567
  Archived months: [nov2011] [jan2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.