Windows Programming - December 2013 (Page 3)

.exe files disappear

I was trying to make a new program, but when I build it and run it, the console pops up with nothing on it and as soon as I run the program the .exe file disapp...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you for your replies. It seems like Malwarebytes was the issue. ... (by morfaron)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2013

Hello. I'm trying to use VS 2013 (C++), but EVERY TIME I get errors (even on an Hello World!). Example (image): http://i.imgur.com/gRZFB8D.png #include <i...
[10 replies] Last: Fixed: Visual C++ EMPTY project. (by iQChange)
by aj3423
(IE BHO) Get IWebBrowser2 from BeforeNavigate2 event

I'm working on an IE BHO, in the BeforeNavigate2 event, how can I get the pointer to IWebBrowser2? here's my code: STDMETHODIMP CEventSink::Invoke(DISPID disp...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, it turns out that the parameters are in the reverse order, so ... (by aj3423)
DirectX - Win32 Problem

Hey guys, I am a noob at c++ programming, and I've been following lessons on youtube about c++ / directx game programming. I keep running into the same problem ...
[no replies]
Passing VBA user-defined type to DLL

I have an Excel program that passes parameters to a DLL for use in some calculations. I would like to contain some of these parameters within a Type/struct. T...
[1 reply] : I think you need to look into SAFEARRAYs Andy How To Pass Arrays Bet... (by andywestken)
Listing files in directory problem

My attempt to list all files/folders in a directory: wstring files ; void getfiles(wstring targetdir) { unsigned int inn=1; WIN32_FIND_DATA filedata...
[3 replies] Last: Thankyou, you are welcome all the time... (by WindowsProgrammer777)
EDITED: Retriving File Description and other data.

So this code try to retrieve the language identifying string of the version info and then get the file description for that file. Using resource Hacker I can ge...
[no replies]
by lmsmi1
Designing a GUI with a Visual Editor

I dislike Visual Studio, but want to make a GUI application. I used to use ResEdit to design GUIs, but whenever I use the units (that come up in the C++ code ex...
[6 replies] Last: And what if I were to use NetBeans' GUI designing tool, then port the ... (by lmsmi1)
How to obtain file metadata??

I am trying to write a function that detects if a file has been modified since its last input operation. Rather than just re-reading the file which can be compu...
[2 replies] Last: @ OP: This is a pretty popular need so there are a few ways of going a... (by Computergeek01)
by Maateo
What is "sender"?

Hello. I'm working on a project and I would need some quick help. I have a button and from how I understood it, the object "sender" can be used in various ways...
[4 replies] Last: Oh sorry. Yeah, C++/CLI (by Maateo)
How to add a resource file to a project?

I am stuck. I am developing a window with a menu and I added a resource file, and the debugger says that resource.h (the header file[#include <resource.h>]) doe...
[4 replies] Last: Alright thanks. I got it. I love that feeling when you have been progr... (by AceDawg45)
C++ Static Library

I have created a C++ application using OpenGL glut.h file but now i released that the coursework requirement was to create static library for this application. ...
[2 replies] Last: If possible can you please elaborate the above sentence for me. Thank... (by setu9760)
Clearing A getline(cin, string) to use again

Okay so I am royaly frustrated as all hell right now I spent 3 hours looking around the internet to figure out how to solve this problem and I have had no suc...
[3 replies] Last: I will add the clearing of the string sign1input using the sign1input ... (by mattvogt)
Creating windows with simply way

Hi there! I'm trying to create windows (I know how), but it is a little bit complicated. I have the following code: //winh.h #ifndef WINH_H_INCLUDED #define W...
[12 replies] Last: create your own winAPI wrapper in c/c++ to simplify thing for you, alt... (by tath)
Unexpected behavior of match_results::prefix

I'm noticing some unexpected behavior of the match_results::prefix function with visual studio 2010. I wondering if someone could run this example with VS2013 ...
[no replies]
DLL injected successfully, but it does not run!

Hi all, using CreateRemoteThread and WriteProcessMemory I injected a dll that brings up a message box! but the DLL is loaded only thing no message box! The...
[8 replies] Last: Thankyou very much!!! Regards, WindowsProgrammer777 (by WindowsProgrammer777)
How will you do code cave injection!? (1,2)

Hey guys, this is a link: http://www.rohitab.com/discuss/topic/39357-code-cave-injection-tutorial-c/ I did the code it crashed notepad! I did with declari...
[20 replies] Last: Okay, Im also 14... anyway you are a genius! (by WindowsProgrammer777)
exaplaination of SendMessage in MFC & its equivalent in Qt

Hi Guys, I am porting some files from existing VC++ project into qt and there I have seen sendmessage function example : SendMessage( dialog_->m_hWnd, WM_MU...
[1 reply] : If you intend on using the application only on windows, use SendMessag... (by modoran)
Problem with Windows Forms

I am having a problem with arguments for my Windows forms application. I am using Visual basic. I have looked all over the place but couldn't find anything u...
[3 replies] Last: i dont know. i have never used and hopefully never will use vb. but yo... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Question ..

I have made a program that prompts the user for their name, which movie they will be watching, and the seat letter and number.. i wanna ask what code/process sh...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guysss. i would also like to ask how would i code a scenario ... (by exzamine)
December 2013 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.