Windows Programming - February 2012 (Page 3)

by Baso
API || MFC

Hello everybody. I'm starting to learn window programming using visual studio, but I found that there is 3 different ways to learn windows programming 1...
[4 replies] Last: I personally prefer ATL/WTL and straight win32api instead of MFC. I l... (by modoran)
Any API function for device detection.

is there any kind of function on windows API which will help me to know if there a device is connected or disconnected. for example detecting a mass storage de...
[2 replies] Last: That worked well. thank you. (by time to c)
Problem with pattern matches for checked items in listview

Hi guys, I need your help, I have a problem with the matches pattern for the checked items in the listview. I couldn't be able to find the solution by when I...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help guys. I will try on microsoft forum so thanks anyw... (by mark103)
Dao To ADO

Hello guys, I'm currently trying to rework an older project. It uses the Dao interface to connect to a MS-Access database. It now needs to connect to a SQL C...
[no replies]
COM or OLE

If I have a need something like as follow. I want to use the spell check feature of Acrobat in another standalone application. For this I started with lo...
[3 replies] Last: I think Acrobat Spell Checker has an ActiveX interface, but I have no ... (by kbw)
Search and Delete In Linked List

Hello, I need some help with my search and delete functions if anyone could help me figure out why they are not working correctly that would be wonderful! ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank You Disch for that, I ended up having to use strcmp in order to ... (by Schwagmister)
Filling an Excel range with an array using

I'm trying to fill an Excel range with an array. The following code is based on this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/186120 My problem is, inste...
[3 replies] Last: I added this: double val; for (index = 0; index < 365; index ++... (by galneweinhaw)
DiectX 9 render problems after window resize

Hi. I'm making a minesweeper programme using directx with WinApi to draw the tiles. I've noticed that when i resize the window the sprites resize with it automa...
[no replies]
NCurse's formatting on PDCurses

Hello. Today I just spend my day installing PDCurses. I did well and it's an amazing library. But I have one question. This is code for NCurses: addch(ch ...
[no replies]
Windows phone application development contest

devworx by Digit, in association with Microsoft is pleased to announce the Windows Phone Application development contest . Windows Phones have gathered popula...
[1 reply] : Only open to India :( (by oonej)
windows driver build help please

I am hoping someone can help me out I am n the process of rebuilding a driver and am stuck on this error when trying to build this driver in win2kddk the error...
[10 replies] Last: thanks that got it one other question i get this error if i go back ... (by yonubear)
BITMAP creation - a little problem I have

Well, me again. I have continued with my little project and I have this little problem. I get some bytes from a BMP image and I transform them into a HBITMAL, w...
[4 replies] Last: So, I have two possibilities of doing this" 1.) Send only the bytes th... (by alexbnc)
by Perman
How do I change text size and fonts?

How can I change text size and fonts. Change color works fine. Any examples? Win32 GUI program. Borland C++ ver 5.03 compiler. class WriteText { public:...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks Andy for your help. It works great. I change it around a little... (by Perman)
Get data from a Internet file into a char (1,2)

This is what I am trying to do now, by using WININET I have this function, that downloads a file from the Internet. It works fine, it gets me the bytes of the ...
[24 replies] Last: I made what webJose said in one of his replies here. Instead of return... (by alexbnc)
Windows GUI Button Usage And Programming

I am using MVC 2010 Express and have just begun exploring the use of a GUI for my programs. I've been able to create, within the program, a window that is as I...
[12 replies] Last: I get the same errors in VSC++. I thing the way to do it is to create ... (by Perman)
Corrupt Status Bar Message

When I repeatedly run the following code in VS10 debug mode, it behaves as I would expect. Right-clicking executes the expected code and the message in the stat...
[5 replies] Last: Top dollar, thank you. (by returnofx)
by atjm88
printf and scanf?? (1,2)

Is that using namespace std; together with #include <iostream> can be use for printf and scanf as well? Or need #include<stdio> ? Thanks... #include ...
[20 replies] Last: I tried it VSC++ and it won't compile. I think what you need to do is ... (by Perman)
by abu
calling excel from c++

I have a program in c++ and i was trying to display my results (all numeric data) in excel and use some functinalities in excel like plot.Is there any simple w...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I will try this. (by abu)
win API: TEXT and wsprintf

how can i translate this to c++ and use it in win API TextOut (hdc, x + 22 * cxCaps + 40 * cxChar, y, szBuffer, wsprintf (szBuffer, TEXT ("%5d"), Ge...
[6 replies] Last: ooooooh ok now it makes sense, thanks (by jmbauer1)
Having an error with fstream in C++(xCode)

Having an error with fstream in C++(xCode) namely, i wrote the all program,but i coudn't get textfile of ifstream in xcode in addition,i can run the program...
[1 reply] : xCode is Macintosh as far as I can tell. Why on Earth did you post in... (by webJose)
February 2012 Pages: 12345... 9
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.