Windows Programming - February 2012 (Page 2)

by SIK
how to replace del cmd with my own

Hi, Is there a way to replace the windows del cmd with one's own. I've been bitten too often in the past by the same issue and tonight was the last straw....
[5 replies] Last: The problem goes back to DOS. The DOS wildcards were never really imp... (by kbw)
i need help badly

Guys i know its nonsense to try to fix a program like that but all the codes like eachother so it is easy to find out what is the problem. would u pls help me??...
[5 replies] Last: thank u Disch (by closed account 9wX36Up4)
Problem with NtQueryInformationProcess

Hi guys I want to extract the PEB Address of a specific process like calc.exe but as the result of NtQueryInformationProcess is STATUS_SUCCESS but still the Pe...
[1 reply] : ntStatus = pNTQueryInformationProcess(hProcess,ProcessBasicInformati... (by Null)
Problem with Base64 conversion of an MD5 hash string

Hi guys and gals! First of all I would like to say that I'm pretty bad at c++ (I'm mostly a c# guy), and I apologies if this should have been posted in the b...
[1 reply] : Use CryptBinaryToString() API function from Crypt32.DLL. (by modoran)
Need a explantion for understanding

Hi I could not understanding few points while I was reading this from "Linker and Loader By John R Levine". Below I have put this paragraph and marked the line...
[no replies]
Explain this!!

Can someone please explain that in more detail? I don't understand it! Loss of accuracy Floating-point variables cannot solve all computational problems. ...
[2 replies] Last: If you haven't looked into at least how to convert from binary to base... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Why won't this work on 2010

I am working through a directx tutorial and the first tutorial's example works perfectly on MS Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition however if I try and use it with ...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, thanks. Now I see my mistake (by Celebrinbor1)
Trying to re-size a BITMAP - doesn't work

Hello again I was handling with BITMAPS all these days and what I am trying to do now is to resize a bitmap (give it the half size of its parent window). I am t...
[8 replies] Last: O.K. Thanks man for showing me the path. (by alexbnc)
check if a window is still alive

Hi, I'm trying to check if a window is still alive (not destroyed or closed), but as pointed out here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2344233/validate-h...
[5 replies] Last: I suppose IsWindowVisible() would not be a help either? (by Texan40)
by Perman
Bitmaps in Win32 GUI

I have a problem loading a bitmap file into a window in a Win32 gui application. What am I doing wrong. Everything compile fine and no errors in loading. ch...
[12 replies] Last: Stupid me. I just have to use the handler to the window. HDC hdc_x = ... (by Perman)
Socket Programming

Hi Guys is it possible to create a VOIP program that will work between two computers on an Ad-hoc network
[no replies]
by huda2
how to run C++ for linux in windows

Hi, I have a cpp file which runs in linux but I want to run it in visual c++ in windows. I searched in google and I found some instructions to make change...
[7 replies] Last: any help please?? It maybe easy but I'm not good in c++ and I want ... (by huda2)
by Phiru
TOPMOST??

Hi. My program has two dialogs, main and sub. Once i click a button, sub dlg will be shown up. Here is code. :OnABtnClicked(...) SubDlg dlg; dlg.doModal();...
[2 replies] Last: You sound like not possible for the dialog to be on top of Windows by ... (by Phiru)
Deleting Object Arrays ?

Is it possible to delete a certain object from an array ? #include<iostream> using namespace std; class animal { //random stuff here } //follow...
[1 reply] : No. The size of an array is constant for its entire lifetime. You cou... (by Cubbi)
by davy92
need help i am using watcom

#include <iostream.h> float fToC(float degreesF = 32.0); int main (void) { float fToC(float degreesF) { float degreesC = ((5.0/9.0)*(d...
[1 reply] : Multiple threads. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/62639/ Pleas... (by ciphermagi)
system() confusion

Can anyone tell me what is the equivalent of the system() function in a linux environment. For eg:- system("pause") not getch() or getchar or anything bu...
[5 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1988/ (by ciphermagi)
fopen weirdness

Hi, I have found a weird issue with fopen on my machine (win7 64bit, not sure about other platforms). I have found that it refuses to open one particular file o...
[2 replies] Last: Check the security settings on the file. (by kbw)
How to Check

Hi guys me again my question is how to check c: or d: i just want to learn how can i check is it exist or not thanks in advance
[6 replies] Last: thank u very much Null i sincerely thank u (by closed account 9wX36Up4)
window creation fails

Hi, I'm trying to create a simple window in using the Win32 API, but the window creation fails, and I don't know why. The program handles the following me...
[2 replies] Last: thank you webJose, that solved it. (by Yours3lf)
MSXML: Unable to get node value

I am writing an application to load xml file and retriev a node value (refer to the xml sample, I am trying to get "memberNumber"), but always get null value. ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks webJose. it works now. (by henry1999sg)
February 2012 Pages: 1234... 9
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.