Windows Programming - July 2012 (Page 7)

accessing locked files

i want read and write access to a file but i can't access it because it is used by another process. is there any way i can unlock that file and at least copy...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for helping. (by time to c)
how to handle CBN_SELCHANGE

i'm trying to cahnge pen's color with combobox in WM_COMMAND i handled this ID IDDT_COMBO (ID for my combobox) and then i handled CBN_SELCHANGE code: case IDD...
[3 replies] Last: ^lulz, i was so confused when i was reading urs post, but i used Creat... (by Silvestar)
Changing the Cursor icon

i want to change the icon of the cursor icon for my current process(it's a console application). can someone tell me how to do it. and also how can we change c...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks you for helping. (by time to c)
by Owain
Firewall

Hello, dose anybody know where the registry values for the Windows Firewall are located? I want my program to get and set firewall exepctions for programs.
[2 replies] Last: Okay, thankyou :) (by Owain)
Winsock - laggy movements

I've made a nice multi-client server game using Winsock however the movements are quite laggy. My current set-up is: At regular intervals the server send out...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply, sorry mine was a slow one. Okay, so, I've set it... (by closed account 2NywAqkS)
exit event x button

how am i to save a list class using this isee no way to pass the class object or make the handler a member of the class i also can seem to find where the handle...
[1 reply] : Sorry that I am a bit late in seeing this. You are already setting the... (by Computergeek01)
C++ Socket Error

All, I have used sockets for a while and this UDP code. I don't understand why it doesn't work when being built and ran from windows (code orginally used in...
[3 replies] Last: Computergeek thank you. That did the trick. (by gothrog)
FLTK Installation

Hello, I'm working through Stroustrup's book Programming Principles and Practice Using C++ with the introduction of graphics his GUI library of choice is FLTK ...
[no replies]
Access url sourcecode

Hi! I am looking for a way to access the sourcecode of several websites using c++ (Visual Studio 2010). I have to go through thousands of websites to extrac...
[4 replies] Last: I guess I got a bit of reading to do:p Thanks for the help. (by powelKim)
Getting wrong file creation date

Hi everybody, I'm trying to make a program to get the file creation or access or modification date, but the program always is returning me this date "Thu Jan ...
[1 reply] : Please read this carefully: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w... (by modoran)
Calculator Console App

Hello, I am making a console calculator app in Visual Studio 2012 RC (Beta). I want the user to select if they want addition, subtraction, multiplication or di...
[7 replies] Last: Please tell me how you like them! (by Shahmeer)
Auto browsing?

How would I go about learning how to code something like this: I'd like to write a program, that when I run it, it opens up a website such as deviantart.com/us...
[5 replies] Last: Yes, with C++ it's possible. You want to use the "winhttp.lib" if you... (by toneewa)
ARDUINO BOARD

Which way to control a couple of servos from an Arduino board using Visual Studio 2010?
[1 reply] : Start a new project, link it to the libraries that Arduino supplies wi... (by Computergeek01)
July 2012 Pages: 1... 567
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.