Windows Programming - August 2012

Pay slip

Can anyone help me? I dont know where to start on making my payslip program i just have the password codes for it. I need the admin to edit the pay of each empl...
[2 replies] Last: Do you have to hard code some employees or does the admin enter them a... (by bobdabilder)
by h4344
Cant get Virtual Keys to work with a switch statement

Im simply trying to have it so if a user presses for example F1 then the program does whatever i have set in the switch statement. I have very little experience...
[3 replies] Last: Try this: #include <windows.h> #include <stdio.h> int main() { ... (by gabrielsaraiva)
RegSetValueEx Error 5 (Access Denied)

Hello Guys. I'm im troubles... Every time when i try run this i recive the ERROR 5 RegSetValueEx. When i change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and K...
[3 replies] Last: kbw, and modoran. Thanks. I've solved the problem creating my key on ... (by gabrielsaraiva)
WSASend returns 10054

Hi all, I am working on socket programming. I am using asynchronous socket APIs to send and receive. When I have WSARecv and WSASend functions in the same f...
[5 replies] Last: Forget the code for now. Write down two columns, one for the server a... (by kbw)
Windows portable device (WPD) help needed

I need to access and transfer files from a WPD. I have the windows driver kit, but really need to access the device(s) from the loaded drivers, rather than writ...
[no replies]
by zubat
Problem with list / struct

Hello, i got a problem with my c++ code where i using struct to make variables to my list. The program is to list users thats added (user1, user2), i can a...
[3 replies] Last: erase() returns an iterator to the next element, your for loop will ... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
Worth learning win32 at the moment?

I heard windows 8 will be realeasing WinRT upon release and will surpass win32. Is it worth learning now if i will just be learning WinRT later on? Thanks!
[1 reply] : my reason for learning win32 is to learn more about low level stuff, t... (by Hit)
by knudmt
IPropertyStore vs C++ media_duration?

Does anybody know how to implement the IPropertyStore in vs C++ to obtain media metadata?
[no replies]
Reuse window connections?

I try to create a connection to a network share using WNetAddConnection2, to copy some files it. Sometimes I get an error 1219, which means there is already a c...
[no replies]
can anyone tell me how to do the parsing?

i have the information as shown below. I have to parse the DATA PART that i will get from a machine and fill the values like Rinse mode,status of machine.... ...
[no replies]
How to write a TLB (TypeLibrary) Parser?

Hi I would like to write a program which can extract the ActiveX names and its RVA. As I was searching I come up with TLB but I don't know how to get access to...
[no replies]
cannot convert from 'const char [14]' to 'LPCWSTR'-problems

EDIT Solution found on Google: I had to change from unicode to MBCS. I changed the setting in the projects properties to MBCS code. /EDIT Hi! I am compl...
[no replies]
by knudmt
Write to memory with C++

Hi all, I am trying to alter some code to write a .wav file to memory. I have no idea how to do so. can anybody help. here is my code so far, it simply wr...
[8 replies] Last: where is your audioResampling class? (by bobdabilder)
by Curtis
How to access System::Object^ sender

Given: private: System::Void MyMethod(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e) { Where MyMethod is called from one of many label click events, H...
[2 replies] Last: That works. Thanks. Curtis (by Curtis)
TABSTOP controls

I'm having trouble moving around my Win32 app with the TAB key. I'm using only the windows pre-existing registered classes. When I press TAB, I can select t...
[1 reply] : I don't know of a better way to do it, but I've got it working. The ... (by Stewbond)
error 126 - The specified module could not be found.

Hi everyone, Ive been just learning how to make/use dll files and Ive come up with thiss error (through getLastError() func). The code which creates the dll is...
[2 replies] Last: oh yees, god I hate microsoft and their redefined variable names. in t... (by julof26)
Operator overloading problem with Ms Visual studio

Dear forum Members, I have recently observed a very strange error when I tried to run a small test program under the Microsoft visual studio 2010 ultimate. I ba...
[10 replies] Last: When you pass an object by value, it might create a copy (which in you... (by Disch)
Bizzare: variables need to be declared twice, values stored in variables are not saving, help please

Good afternoon, I'm trying to compile code I found here http://www.asawicki.info/news_1385_music_analysis_-_spectrogram.html But I'm having issues 1 ....
[1 reply] : 1. : I don't see enough of the code to tell what's going on (maybe it'... (by coder777)
Editing a bitmap in memory with no HDC

I want to create a bitmap in memory (not linked to any window) and then passing it around. I then want to paint to it (edit it), but I see that all the function...
[1 reply] : Ok, solved, I didn't think it was possible to pass NULL to CreateCompa... (by mlpnkobji)
by mrfany
Creating dialogue from DLL under Windows XP

Good afternoon! I'm trying to create a dialog box from a DLL. The window is created and everything works fine under Windows 7, but under Windows XP dialog is...
[1 reply] : Got any code? (by bobdabilder)
August 2012 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.