Windows Programming - July 2012

Direct3D - 9: Shading Issue

I've created a terrain-loading application that loads a 3D-terrain file. The mesh displays perfectly fine, but the shading I've selected (gouraud) isn't functio...
[no replies]
How to use SQLAPI in VC++ console program?

I am trying to link my c++ console program with the SQL database and i have downloaded the SQL API from sqlapi.com but after putting .lib in additional dependen...
[no replies]
by ndrew
windows.h

HEY am just learning C++ ive covered most of the basics but now i want to move on to graphics. is there any info available or tutorial to use the windows.h libr...
[3 replies] Last: I wouldn't recommend it before reading about the UNICODE setting becau... (by webJose)
Capturing window to memory and locating pixels

Well, here's what I'm trying to do. I want to screen capture a specific window (I can locate the window) and hold the capture in memory until I can get the d...
[1 reply] : You need to create an offscreen DC which holds the image. HDC md... (by Disch)
Change line color on edit control...

Hey guys, i'm fairly new to c++, and to make matters worse i'm a labview-guy ;), so i'm having a hard time creating my GUI, and i was hoping one of you experts ...
[8 replies] Last: Well english isn't my native either, but I find strange that for such ... (by S G H)
wm_paint problem

I'm trying to draw a polygon but It the polygon is drawn after I resize the window. Can anyone tell what's wrong? I think the error is in this code. LRESULT...
[4 replies] Last: Solved it! WndProc runs before I set the Points right. Thanks for the ... (by en liten kille)
Is creating thread good idea to check variable

I made an application in which i am writing an INI file.i want to continuously monitor an variable. To do so should i create thread and do something like this;...
[5 replies] Last: it may be the case that GUI might not be running or the end user have... (by soranz)
Error: configuring event listener in C++ with .NET CLR support (Managed and Unmanaged code)

Hi All, I am using AForge library to capture live video stream from an IP camera. Initially, I tested my task in a simple C# application but I should convert m...
[1 reply] : Most of the regulars in this forum only program in unmanaged C++. I t... (by webJose)
Connecting C++ win32 console application to sql database?

Actually i do want to connect C++ win32 console application to sql database,i hab connected C# form application to a database but don't have idea about connecti...
[2 replies] Last: use some ready library like http://otl.sourceforge.net/ or write your ... (by tath)
Image Resize problems

Ok, i am making an image resize algorithm. The function works perfectly so long as the desired width is divisible by 4 (so newWidth%4 == 0), but the desired hei...
[2 replies] Last: Nope sorry, the issue was in my BMP loading function, I should have re... (by NanoBytes)
[Win32 Api] WebBot

Hello, I'm trying to do a bot for one browser-based game, but I have a question; is there any way to use website buttons like "submit" button below with win3...
[1 reply] : Perhaps you could look into QT C++ Specifically the QWebElement class.... (by soranz)
by asdcom
How to Convert LPWSTR To string ?

How to Convert LPWSTR To string ? I looked but did not find. Note: I used a compiler MinGW With NetBeans IDE .
[5 replies] Last: Your code posted has multiple errors, it will crash at runtime even if... (by modoran)
by P4r10
Need teacher learning me to make a simple aimbot or wallhack

I know the basics about C++ so now I want to learn to make an aimbot or wallhack(a very simple one). If any of you could help me please add my skype: stevehate...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_MrrAo8uLk&feature=relmfu (by i2Fluffy)
Psapi QueryFullProcessImageName fails

Hi everyone, In exploring the workings of the process API, I am attempting to write a simple program that would display the PIDs and filepaths of every runnin...
[4 replies] Last: wow... my apologies. I must have mistyped the comparison operator, an... (by silhunter)
Breaking a Process

I'm having trouble finding the information for setting, controlling and closing breakpoints in external processes, can someone point me to a good reference. ...
[8 replies] Last: thanx (by awsdert)
by beakie
TreeView creation throws ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE

I am getting ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE when I call CreateWindowEx. The same code works fine when I call other controls. The only difference between the code th...
[5 replies] Last: #include <windows.h> #include <CommCtrl.h> #include "wf.WinCtrl.h" ... (by beakie)
by beakie
TreeView Class - what to use?

I am trying to create a treeview control. What do I pass into CreateWindow? WC_TREEVIEW doesn't exist... what is it defined as? What header file is it in?
[2 replies] Last: It is defined in CommCtrl.h, which you must include. Call CreateWindow... (by modoran)
GetFileAttributes() keeps returning -1

Hi all, I have a function in my win32 program that checks if a file is read only, but no matter what i do GetFileAttributes returns an error. bool FindAndDele...
[5 replies] Last: You are checking the return value wrong . In case of failure MSDN pag... (by modoran)
win 32 for safety removal of disc

Hey all, I am trying to find a win32 command for ejecting a removable disc. I'v found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/165721 Which I heavly modified for my...
[4 replies] Last: I just wondered if there was a better way. I usually ask the senior pr... (by banburybug)
GradientFill problem

Hi! I'm testing the gradientfill function but the compiler doesn't seem to recognize it or GRADIENT_FILL_TRIANGLE that is used as the last parameter. void d...
[2 replies] Last: I think you need to define WINVER first to target minimum windows 2000... (by modoran)
July 2012 Pages: 123... 7
  Archived months: [jun2012] [aug2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.