Windows Programming - September 2012

Creating a .lib file in Visual C++ 2010 express

Hello! I heard that I can create a .lib file in Visual C++ 2010 Express. I've created a new project, -> Win32 Project -> Static Library. Now, the IDE gave me...
[11 replies] Last: It should have a .lib extension, sounds like you may not have enabled ... (by naraku9333)
How to put questions for the computer to answer in a script

I was wondering, would anyone be able to help me program a question for the computer to answer. I am making an application launcher for Simlator Fans to use to ...
[1 reply] : I don’t quite understand, do you want a program that can confirm tha... (by Owain)
How to make a programming language?

Ok, first please no one tell me how hard it is and stuff I know that. Any pointers? I want to make my own scripting language useing c++. And just basic stuff...
[8 replies] Last: Hey just warning you that creating an scripting language is very hard... (by Owain)
How to Generate UDP traffic

Hey i am working on an project in which we only send minimum of 10 UDP packets to a server but the problem is that i cant use ten sendto () statements as it is ...
[14 replies] Last: Okay sorry i am going to be using it then (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
by gallu
how can one make a project?

i tried to creat a project and i have the main function: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
[1 reply] : Hi, use code tags please :D You won't actually need a pointer in ran0... (by soranz)
Error in VC++ (missing ';' before return)

Hello! I am working in Visual C++ 2010 Express. I have the following code: main.cpp #include "stdafx.h" #include"functions.h" int main() {} int ad...
[3 replies] Last: I solved it. The brackets were the problem. I was so wired in so that ... (by CosminNTG)
Where can one get Network books

Hey i am an networking guy. i Have a bit of experience in socket programming but i am slowly losing the learning resources but i also cannot buy book over £30 ...
[8 replies] Last: ^^ > V (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
Good Ebooks for advance c++

Hey Cplusplus forums, I am wanting some good ebooks for advance c++ learners. If any of you have any ebook link would you please post the link. If possible can...
[no replies]
Why isn't texture showing? OpenGL

I got a function that reads the bitmap data and then I want to use the bitmap to texture a rectangle, but I can't get the texture to show. Anyone know what w...
[6 replies] Last: Bitmaps are stored upside-down (bottom row first). OpenGL expects t... (by Disch)
Unmanaged C++ TcpListener/Client

Ive written a C++ Tcp Client and Server in managed CLI but the concept of CLI disgusts me as the power of C++ was in its unmanaged state, it was even discontinu...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks man, i have tried using winsock2 and ws3tcpip in unmanaged, but... (by SlothPlusPlus)
random crash / heap debug with application verifier

Hey, I wrote a program using VS2010 communicating with 2 USB devices and processing the data they send. The program is working, but for some reason it sometimes...
[no replies]
Has anybody tried the new C++ RAD Toolkit SmartDB (http://sdb.net.in)

Can somebody try the new innovative C++ RAD Toolkit SmartDB (http://sdb.net.in ) and give some feedback.
[2 replies] Last: Aceix , try: http://sdb.net.in/ (by closed account z05DSL3A)
c++ terminal and compiler for windows

Can anyone suggest a good free compiler and terminal to use for Windows.. thats closly related to UNIX??
[4 replies] Last: api (by Aramil of Elixia)
Linking Error

Hi guys, So I have this little solution with 3 projects and when I compile I am getting a linking error. I am using Visual Studio 2010 by the way. 1.erro...
[2 replies] Last: Yes! That solved the issue for me. I didn't realize this until now. ... (by tenpoundbear)
using cURL

I wrote a program it is compiling fine. // test44.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" // test22.cpp : ...
[1 reply] : You need to link to libcurl and libcurl_imp (by naraku9333)
by Aceix
Runtime Error.

Hi, I know this code is huge but can I know why there is a runtime error, and with the help of a debugger , the problem is around the underlined section(In the...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very very much. mann...spent an hour on this also, I'm tired... (by Aceix)
by Godex
Binary I/O File into Byte Array

I want to be able to read a file (in Hex format) and place it into a byte array. If someone could code this for me and include comments where necessary. Thanks...
[6 replies] Last: This explained what I wanted: http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic... (by Godex)
How do OS work

Hey i am not very good with understanding an OS but can anyone tell me how they work in detail i don't like Wikipedia as i am not anywhere that close to underst...
[4 replies] Last: No one is going to explain everything about an OS in detail, like Gre... (by Computergeek01)
by Anddos
Rendering Biped Bones with DirectX 9

Was'nt sure where to post this as there is no game programming section I am new to DirectX and have an animated model up on screen thats in .X format, what ...
[1 reply] : it is a language (by garycharles243)
Scaling a D3DXVECTOR3

Hi Guys, I hope this is the correct part of the forums to post in, anyway here goes... I am in the process of making a basic 3d board game using directX. I am...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, D3DXVec3Scale does the same thing, it uniformly scales a D3DXVECT... (by Ogoyant)
September 2012 Pages: 123... 8
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.