Windows Programming - October 2012

Winsock Server - Send Buffer

Hi, I have multiple clients connected to a, say, Chatserver. If I recieve a message I forward it to all connected clients. It could happen that no buffer spa...
[2 replies] Last: The key to my problem is flow control. The server will have to wait fo... (by megatron23)
How can i get the system date??

I m doing a work for university and i would like tu use actual date
[1 reply] : #include <ctime> #include <iostream> int main(int argv, char* argvc... (by Computergeek01)
Mysql help with c++

Hi guys im having trouble with setting up mysql in devc++ i already have mysql installed cuz ive used it with php but i cant seem to get it to run in c+++ here'...
[4 replies] Last: lol thank you very much so where could i download the c binding from (by gsizzle10)
Inputting strings to Windows 7 Microsoft Anna text to speech?

Is it possible? And if so, how can it be done? I honestly have no idea if this is even possible, but the way I see it is there's a solution for everything wh...
[2 replies] Last: Excellent! I'll have to work with it some. (by pholotic)
Having Problem with bsearch and can't figure out

I have this small program just to test the library function "bsearch". I tried everything but could not figure out why I am getting the value of "noShowStudent"...
[6 replies] Last: There are two may issues I see (which goes all the way back to your o... (by guestgulkan)
Alternatives to system()

yeah yeah, system is bad. But the fact of the matter is that everyone that has spoken that statement has not suggested an alternative to it. So, I ask you now...
[17 replies] Last: So..... System()? should not be used. Yes, we've covered that.... (by Moschops)
dxva

Having problem with dxva ATI Radeon HD 2400 ModeMPEG2_C: DXVA1, 720x480 / 1280x720 / 1920x1080 / 3840x2160 ModeMPEG2_D: DXVA1, 720x480 / 1280x720 / 1920x10...
[1 reply] : Try an ATI/AMD forum to get support. (by webJose)
How to get Source code WInsock

Hi C++ Forums, I am working (Learning) on a program in which the user enters a Website URL then the C++ Program will take the source code . I do not want to m...
[4 replies] Last: I am working (Learning) on a program in which the user enters a Websi... (by kbw)
help writing c++ program

Write a C++ program that inputs a number from the keyboard between 0 and 49 and then uses a for or while loop to display every integer that follows the i...
[3 replies] Last: #include "iostream" using namespace std; int main() { int ... (by dangerous)
by Zapeth
need help to #undef a typedef

Hello, first of all let me say that I do know that it's not possible to undefine a typedef as I already did a search in that direction. Now to my problem: I...
[7 replies] Last: @modoran: considering that there is no compiled version of that applic... (by Zapeth)
Edit box

Hi! I've been trying to make this work. The problem is, when I click on the edit box, the dialog box closes. Can anyone see the problem here? Thanks! Here's the...
[1 reply] : case WM_COMMAND: switch(LOWORD(wParam)) { ... (by guestgulkan)
TCP Client Send

I have a class that I wrote (TCPClient). The constructor creates a SOCKET and connects correctly, everything is good here. I then have a function called send: ...
[1 reply] : The WinSock2 send() function is in the global namespace, which doesn'... (by andywestken)
is being used without being initialized

Hey ! I'm new to the forums and new to C++ too, so I have a homework in which I have to make a program that will determine which of the 5 numbers the user enter...
[6 replies] Last: To be honest, my teacher asked me the same thing and .. I didn't remem... (by Shegzon)
C++: how to input 0000 as and ID number?

include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int id, grade_1, grade_2, grade_3, average; cout<<"Please enter your ID:\n"; cin>>id;//example 00...
[2 replies] Last: As mochops has said, if you want to ensure that the user enters a 4 di... (by andywestken)
Project Manager (Healthcare)

TerraNova is looking for a Project Manager (Healthcare) for our end client. Location: Memphis, TN Duration: 7 Months Contract Must be authorized to work i...
[no replies]
active x updown control

I can not use "GetPos" on my updown control Quantity = m_SetQuantity.GetPos(); error C2039: 'GetPos' : is not a member of 'CUpDown1' active x controls giv...
[2 replies] Last: Cool.. i see two METHODS called Value. I placed Get in front ( GetVal... (by terryeverlast)
Modifying BSTR length

Hi, can I safely modify the length of a BSTR like BSTR bstrVal = SysAllocString(L"Hello world"); UINT* pSize = (UINT*)((BYTE*)bstrVal - 4); *pSize = *pS...
[3 replies] Last: Take 2 (realising you want to use less of the memory) can I safely... (by andywestken)
Narrowing unicode

Hi all, I got a problem trying to trace unicode string in a file. My trace class is ascii, not unicode. I don't really care : at tracing time, I just conver...
[12 replies] Last: Trace.h :::: Line 18 #include <strstream> There is a couple ... (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
by h4344
Reading memory into a string causes program crash?

Im trying to read a memory address that contains text. However when i do if(!ReadProcessMemory(hprocess,(void *)0x0000000,(void *)&datakey.race1,sizeof(datake...
[6 replies] Last: Write it wrong? No. I don't think delete is needed here. ReadProcessM... (by andywestken)
by Hit
gdi obsolete?

is GDI or GDI+ obsolete? is it safe to skip and just learn the user & kernel for win32? I don't want to learn GDI as it seems useless compared to opengl/dire...
[1 reply] : is GDI or GDI+ obsolete? is it safe to skip and just learn the user &... (by codekiddy)
October 2012 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.