Windows Programming - September 2012 (Page 2)

std::ifstream::open fails when running application from inside MSVC++ 2010

I have written a program that attempts to open a file using std::ifstream::open(). open() fails when I run the program inside Visual Studio (even when I choose ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you modoran, much appreciated feedback! (by Ogoyant)
Learning C++ windows programming

I am new to windows programming and I would like to develop some windows applications thru visual C++ 2010. What is a good book or books that would help me lear...
[2 replies] Last: Are you already experienced at C or C++, or are you starting from the ... (by freddie1)
C++ while loop being ignored please help!!!!

//Assignment #3 #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { int lowNum; int highNum; int su...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah i figured it out thank you i was adding highnum into lownum so th... (by closed account y0R9216C)
Exporting c++ DLL including Classes into c# project

Hi everybody! I'm working to a project formed by a c++ service and a c# graphic interface. I have to share some classes and functions, then I wrote a c++ dll ...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, thanks kbw.. I resolved with Wrappers! (by CyberCrasher)
OpenGL BMP Loader.

Okay, so yesterday I posted to this thread, and someone help me out a lot with a few problems I had, however, I am still having issues with a BMP loader I have ...
[10 replies] Last: I had an assignment a few semesters back where I needed to read in a b... (by naraku9333)
Reading integers from a file into a 2-dimensional array

I need to get the number from a file into a 2-dimensional array. Here's the code: #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <fstream> #include <c...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, the white space was what was wrong. I changed the function tha... (by FalterrisAunvre)
running two VS2010 with the same project ?

Hey All :), Just a quick one today and hopefully a easy one :P. I have one VS 2010 running my app on release in remote debugger. APP is on another computer a...
[2 replies] Last: Pretty much all advanced users of VS2010 (and if you're doing remote d... (by Xenphibian)
Problem with creating an window

hey c++ i have copied and pasted an code from MSDN,yet the code does not work. how is it me or Microsoft i doubt it is them but any way : #include<Windows....
[19 replies] Last: I feel I must interject with a technical correction. MessageBox(NULL... (by Disch)
Processing multiply keys

I'm trying to make a game using C++ and OpenGL and I'm having issues processing more than 1 key state at a time. I tried switch (wParam) { case VK_LEFT:...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for both the replies but I managed to fix it anyway, and I didn... (by Callum5042)
Window not appearing on-screen

I'm writing a program which can read HTML files, or at least trying to. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Professional, so when I want to test this project out I jus...
[1 reply] : I think you copy pasted the wrong code. This appears to be an OpenGL t... (by Computergeek01)
Trouble accessing an array in main() from namespace{}

This pseudo code does 'not' work in a visual studio environment. In this scenario, line 22 and 25 are undefined because they cannot access the definition in ...
[3 replies] Last: I tried gross overkill. line 20, added a global http://pastie.org/478... (by wuzamarine)
by Alx101
Window BG is bugged

I made a window with another child-window inside. The child window is where i draw my OpenGL. But the background of the parent window gets obstructed and wierd,...
[2 replies] Last: Double bump? :/. I really need help on this one... (by Alx101)
autocomplete search

I have been trying to find a solution for win32 openfilename autocomplete function in my app. When I type the first letter of a file-name in the openfiledialog ...
[3 replies] Last: Then try to use lpfnHook member of OPENFILENAME structure, as I said (... (by modoran)
Saving a Class Object Into a File

Here's the class: class Frame { public: string Name; char FramePixels ; int SequenceNum; }; I want to be able to save this to a file, ...
[3 replies] Last: I agree with sloppy9 I quite often use XML as my serialization format... (by andywestken)
Connect to SQL Server DB

This is the code: void GetConnected() { SQLHANDLE henv; SQLRETURN rc; SQLHANDLE hconn; SQLSMALLINT bufsize=0; SQLINTEGER nativeerror...
[1 reply] : Ok, I am sorry for this, but it bothered me for hours, and I've solved... (by smokljan)
by geokas
Wie kann ich Gdiplus::Image in Zwischenablage kopieren?

Hallo zusammen! Ich versuche ein Objekt vom Typ Gdiplus::Image in Zwischenablage kopieren, damit später in einer Anwendung (z.B. MS-Word, Paint, Photoshop e...
[4 replies] Last: Thank's for your help I make with help of your link http://us.generat... (by geokas)
by Aceix
Window creation failure

I know this is a very easy problem, but I'm still having it and confused... The window is not being created. Any help please? Code: #include <windows.h> ...
[1 reply] : Return the default window procedure in WindowProc default: //DefWind... (by naraku9333)
string conversion

Hello everyone, I'am a C# programmer, but I have problem with code in c++. Code in c++ (it is unamanaged provider for EBS for Sharepoint, if anyone is interest...
[5 replies] Last: It must be something to do with .Net then. I looked at the M$ article ... (by Computergeek01)
a error message while compiling?

ld.exe, cannot open output file C:\CPP\main.exe Permission denied. build finished:1error,0warnings i am using code blocks.
[2 replies] Last: i've created a specific folder called CPP just to put all my C++ progr... (by Yangfizz)
Directory Search Algorithm

I am about to create an algorithm that will go through the entire alphabet of drive-letters, and return a vector of the drives it finds are open. After it gath...
[7 replies] Last: @Computergeek01 Yes, I am completely confedent. It took about 3-4 ho... (by IWishIKnew)
September 2012 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.