Windows Programming - September 2012 (Page 4)

by codist
OpenGL background color not working

I have a game that I am making but for some reason the background color for OpenGL isn't working. Code: Render code (this is in an infinite loop): inl...
[2 replies] Last: I believe when you use glClearColor(0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0); it using RGBA ... (by Callum5042)
CopyFile()

Hi, i wanna know how to copy a file if you don't know its name. For example: me.exe -> purple.exe. i know how to do this with argv , but how do i do it if i...
[6 replies] Last: @kbw thanks for making me know about these variables (by Aceix)
Problem with Regsvr32.exe while registering a dll

Hi, I have a vc++ dll , which i want to register on my 32 bit win 7 machine using regsvr32.exe.but i have some problems with this, when i register my dll wit...
[1 reply] : So the COM server works or not ??? I can assure you that there is no ... (by modoran)
DLL help

Hi Guys, So after googling for a couple of days I have resorted to asking for help here. Basically, I have followed MSDN tutorial on DLL "http://msdn.micros...
[11 replies] Last: Hey guys, Wondering if you can help me... I have this particular pie... (by tenpoundbear)
HELP!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME TO WRITE A PROGRAM FOR A SIMPLE WEB BROWSER> THX!!!! :):):)
[3 replies] Last: I was learning MFC tonight and happened to come across this: http://m... (by Stewbond)
I dont Know what to do

I have learn how to create windows, textbox,buttons,combo , now i want to learn how to create tables like crystal report in VB , please can anyone help me on ho...
[3 replies] Last: yes i seen it, but how about some examples? (by xray)
by xray
new to windows programming, win32

hi i am currently reading "programming windows 5ed" by petrold, are there any other good books on this topic you can recommend like this one?
[2 replies] Last: http://wapftp.mobi/stuff/Microsoft%20-%20Programming%20Windows%20API%2... (by modoran)
Linking in VS2010...

At the moment, I'm really bugged by linking C++ code in VS2010. The code compiles without error, but there are always linking problems like: - conflict for _IT...
[1 reply] : I don't have a book to recommend as I am not fully well-versed with Vi... (by vince1027)
winpcap packet capture problem

Hello everyone! First of all, let me start out with the fact that I am a firefighter and not a programmer. I am learning this as I go. I have been working ...
[1 reply] : I think the beginner forum is a little too... beginner. Why don't you... (by georgep)
by Aceix
COM objects in windows XP...

I don't know...I downloaded Visual Studio 2010 and 2008 on my Windows XP, but when I compiled a code, it worked but I cannot CoCreateInstence(); I guess it's...
[3 replies] Last: Or you could wait for Windows 8 ??? :-/ (by andywestken)
Creating/Writing File (Win32)

Heya there, I am wondering how I can read/write a file in Win32, with the contents being stored in a variable. As this is what I have for my button in the...
[19 replies] Last: I know that all the examples show this one almighty switch with all th... (by kbw)
Message Loop

Hello, I have a game engine. I would like to be able to let the current state (scene) handle the windows event. So, I was assuming that i would do something lik...
[no replies]
by Curtis
How to get the name of a thread?

How do I retrieve the name of the current thread? C++ win console app using MS VS 2010 .net in my my main line I delcalre thread1 and set the name propert...
[4 replies] Last: Hi there, by default Thread.Name is set to a null reference. You can ... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
by Aceix
Diferrence between instance, interface and module...

As the topic says, can I get the main differences between an instance, an interface and a module?
[1 reply] : Do you have definitions for them? They are not similar things, there'... (by kbw)
connect External socket

Hey all, So I am having an issue with connecting to a external socket int iResult = connect(ExternalSocket, (struct sockaddr *) &caddr, sizeof(SOCKADDR)); ...
[12 replies] Last: Everything works now needed to allow icmp for pings as this is part of... (by banburybug)
by golf89
how change spooled job's attribute

hi i am tring to change the document name which is displayed in the spooler for a particularr job please help me out Thanks
[1 reply] : I don't know if this is of any help: SetJob function http://msdn.m... (by guestgulkan)
WinApi GetWindowModuleFileNameW

Hi, i have a little problem with the GetWindowModuleFileNameW. I'm enumerating all desktops and all windows on them and want to get the moduleNames of each d...
[3 replies] Last: the win32 api has IsIconic() which returns TRUE if a window is minimiz... (by Texan40)
by Aceix
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

This is a test code, but why is it that when I minimize the window for the second time, the wParam is TRUE(in WindowProc). Why is it TRUE instead of FALSE. Plea...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Texan40, this will be able to solve my problem. THANKS YOU!!! (by Aceix)
How to make recv call non blocking and make it to wait only 5 second

I have the code for client in which i am making the socket connection with server but the client socket waits until the server closes the socket and then clie...
[1 reply] : What you want is an asynchronous socket. (by jRaskell)
VC++ Project Files

when i create a c++ console project, some files automatically generated in the project directory e.g .sln, .sdf , .vcxproj .filters, .users. kindly tell me w...
[2 replies] Last: .sdf file is intellisence file's data base created after you open the ... (by acn)
September 2012 Pages: 123456... 8
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.