Windows Programming - September 2012 (Page 5)

Limiting time on user input.

Hello, I am currently working on a text based game( console app ) written in c++. For one part of the game I would like to display a letter to the user then giv...
[2 replies] Last: How about Timer class from some third party, or you create yourself fo... (by acn)
Confused about Edit Boxes

Heya there, I can create an edit box just fine, but however when I want to try and grab the value from it...it all goes wrong. Code is below. #include <w...
[7 replies] Last: Right, ok. So I have got the MessageBox() working such as this... TC... (by lostprophetpunk)
Problem with the WINAPI - Violation

Hi, today i started programming a little for Windows. So my first application should be a tool for listing all windows and getting the name of the executabl...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. I think there there is a bug in my visual studio. Because i... (by Laokoon)
by Aceix
Difference between...

I'm new to windows programming, and therefore want to know the difference between a parent window and an owner window?
[3 replies] Last: The word Parent / Owner is most often the same . When the window has... (by sujayg)
Do something on keypress

I've made a form, that you need to click a button to submit(guess a word actually). Your word is written in an editbox. I was wondering how could I submit it a...
[3 replies] Last: So, there is an editbox1 where the user inputs a value and u want to p... (by soranz)
Setting .ico file as custom icon for button

I tried using BS_OWNERDRAW as button style and then in WM_DRAWITEM, I tried using DrawIcon() to draw .ico file was my plan wrong and should I use some other fu...
[3 replies] Last: yes and i tried using code::blocks I created button like this: ... (by Silvestar)
Help using Gdi32.lib

hey C++ forums again, This time i am struggling with using the Gdi32.lib i can link and every thing but do not know how to use it because i am looking at game...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
Exe button command to open another exe file

Hi, I will mention I am using Visual Studio C++ Express 2010 as my IDE on a 64 bit computer. I'm still new to c++ about 2 weeks in so when you explain pleas...
[1 reply] : Hi ! Welcome to the wonderful world of C++ !!! Since no one else has c... (by soranz)
Visual Studio C++ - Can't seem to add anything to basic window

Heya there, I recently scrapped Dev C++ for Visual C++ and have my basic window set up (see code #1 below). However...whenever I try to add in code (even to ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for that. =] (by lostprophetpunk)
Problem with Output C++

Hello, I am a first year student studying programming with C++. As this is my first project, I will need some help or advice please. I am using Microsoft Vi...
[1 reply] : Also, the grossProfit displays a wrong profit number which is .25 off ... (by Kushman123)
Adding a Combobox?

Heya there, I have been looking and following through http://www.functionx.com/win32/controls/combobox.htm this tutorial. However I cannot work out how to do t...
[4 replies] Last: I have kind of forgot about the combobox for now, as this is now troub... (by lostprophetpunk)
Visual C++ 2010 Express GUI noob

Hi all, I've created a class to control a robotic arm via USB. It works perfectly in the command line but I cannot make any headway getting it to work with a M...
[9 replies] Last: Quick question: Did you add the import library for your arm dll to th... (by adm1961)
Win32 Tutorials/books?

Interested in learning win32 as a GUI for my programs. Any great books/tutorials i can learn off of(at least the basics).
[2 replies] Last: Windows via C/C++ 5th edition, a lot of material to digest but it is a... (by georgewashere)
Debug assertion failed ! problem

Hi, I am having this problem when i try to execute the .exe of my application "Debug assertion failed !, Expression invalid null pointer" After a bit of g...
[no replies]
png++ on windows (visual c++ 2008 express edition)

Hi, I am totally new to lib png and png++ and have recently made my first project with these on linux. But have no idea how to use png++ on windows. I have m...
[5 replies] Last: You did NOT add directory location where your png++ headers are to VC ... (by modoran)
Converting BMP to JPEG in Windows.

Hello everybody. I have a program that generate hundreds of files in BMP, only that it takes up too much space. So I need to convert them to JPEG or PNG pair (w...
[4 replies] Last: For this particular task (conversion from bmp to jpg) only involves lo... (by modoran)
Win7: createprocess on session 1

Hi all, How do I create process on session 1 under windows 7 environment? I have tried this flow: LogonUser(...); ImperesonateLoggedOnUser(...); CreateP...
[1 reply] : From MSDN: The process is run in the session specified in the token. ... (by Computergeek01)
by GRDfzx
SC_HANDLE

I am using MinGW and i get this errors: loading.cpp: In function 'bool LoadDriver(const char*, const char*)': loading.cpp:4:5: error: 'SC_HANDLE' was not decl...
[5 replies] Last: If "GetLastError()" and "NULL" weren't declared either I'm wondering i... (by Computergeek01)
win32 API GUI - Radiobutton

Once user press apply button, the option which is ticks by user will be process. But how ? I tried googled but nothing comes up BOOL CALLBACK DialogProc(HW...
[3 replies] Last: so i have no luck to get this work then? :( (by leonjun16)
Message Boxes executing one after the other

Heya there, I have been learning C++ for a few weeks now, and I am kind of stuck on creating more than one message box successfully. I have created a simp...
[4 replies] Last: u defined same IDs for both controls (by Silvestar)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 345678
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.