Windows Programming - August 2012 (Page 6)

Connecting C++ Console to SQL Database using SqlApi?

hello, i could successfully connect with Sql DB from C++ console using SqlApi,downloaded from www.sqlapi.com,and i have configured dll,header and lib in visual ...
[no replies]
Read single line from pipe

Hello, most of my programming in C is done with Posix or µC-Stuff so maybe this is just trivial: I need for a Visual Studio 2005 C++ project something like...
[no replies]
Cannot create window

#include <Windows.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <tchar.h> #pragma comment(linker,"\"/manifestdependency:type='win32'name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Contr...
[9 replies] Last: guesthulkan was right xD I can't believe I made a stupid mistake like ... (by tofiffe)
by h3h3
DLL in C++

Hi All, Currently I developed an application which some modules need to be produced as a DLL (ie. void __declspec(dllexport) testing (MyClass obj); ) So, ...
[no replies]
Compiling error

I'm having one problem in my compiling, i hope that you can help me :) The error 1>------ Compilação iniciada: Projeto: VCMPBrowser, Configuração: De...
[3 replies] Last: Depends on what you're using, I think in gcc you do -l<library> http:... (by Zephilinox)
GetModuleHandle performance

Quick question: I'm looking at an auto-generated header that looks like this: int& var1 = *(int * )GetProcAddress( GetModuleHandle("myDLL.DLL"), "var1" ); ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies. They are all global variables. It's just how... (by Stewbond)
by h4344
Keys in a switch statement?

How can i do keyboard keys in a switch statement? For example switch(option){ case F1: Do whatever the hell; break; case F2: Do whateve...
[4 replies] Last: Since you're using the Windows API (I'd hope so since you're in the Wi... (by Volatile Pulse)
how would I create a cStatic control in C++?

Hi i would like to know how to write the code from the #include<stdafx.h> beginning to the end in Visual Studio C++ 2008 express of that would create an single...
[6 replies] Last: Hi,there Would anyone be kind enough to help me out with starting the... (by schematicsman)
by Aarix
Simple Programming Help

Ok so Im new to programming and doing practices like this and I use Elipse IDE to program. Anyway Here are is my program. #include<iostream> using namesp...
[3 replies] Last: Also this line: case "/": is incorrect, use single quotes instead.... (by modoran)
WSAStartup() causing unhandled exception

Hi, I'm trying to get a sample code to run from Beej's guide. I added the WSAStartup from MSDN, but it's giving me undhandled exception every time I run the cod...
[4 replies] Last: Original post: Not entirely sure, but if I remove it, there are no ex... (by Vanapapi)
Destructing a Vector Object causes: Free Heap block ### modified at ### after it was freed

I'm trying to destruct a vector object within my program...When the destructor is called (during "program exit" operations performed by the CPU), the following ...
[1 reply] : You shouldn't need to erase like that. The vector has it's own destruc... (by firedraco)
Winsock2 wrapper - Getting a first exception when using a SOCKET defined in the class header

I cannot for the life of me see where i'm going wrong. I've got a winsock class, the SOCKET is defined in the Header, but when I try to use it in a function I ...
[5 replies] Last: hmm, ok. I'll go back to the drawing board then :) Thanks :) (by Deepershade)
service not working properly on remote machine

i made a service in windows its running fine on my machine and on my laptop and my friend laptop too when i deploy it on my college machine it work only half on...
[3 replies] Last: Something might be turning the Firewall back on, this could be an AV s... (by Computergeek01)
CreateThread Wrapper for object methods

Hey folks, I'm a bit desperate. I'd like to call an object method via CreateThread. Therefore I started writing a simple template wrapper class. But at the k...
[1 reply] : You may call me idiot :D Thread_Wrapper<Server> wrap(this, &Server::w... (by Kronos86m)
why this error occurs?

I started to learn about directx from this tutorial: http://www.rastertek.com/dx10tut02.html I was writing my own code and if I make sth wrong I just rewrit...
[7 replies] Last: LOL i was so tired that day, I didn't even notice that i I haven't typ... (by Silvestar)
Transparent window problems

Hi, Is there a way to make a (WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW | WS_CHILD) window transparent? With WS_POPUP I use WS_EX_LAYERED and then the function SetLayeredWindowAttrib...
[2 replies] Last: I'll think I just use the WM_POPUP window and then I just make sure th... (by Shatronics)
High memory usage

Hi I have a big application that did write with VC++. My application is using more than 1.5 GB memory but i don't know what part of my code is wrong or what c...
[6 replies] Last: You really should be checking private bytes. I don't think its very ... (by kbw)
how to find INI file path

I made a window service in which i am reading some values from an INI file,for service to be running i have to put the INI in system32 folder,is there any funct...
[2 replies] Last: If you give the fully qualified path to the ini-file then it can be wh... (by andywestken)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 456
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.