Windows Programming - August 2012 (Page 4)

WinPcap usage

How to creat console c++ application in VS and set it up for winpcap. I am beginner for it plz let me know detail steps
[4 replies] Last: Thnx ! I have learned from examples. (by prabha211)
Free Compilers

I have used Code::Blocks. But as you cant use non-english characters like é,ö etc. Id like to change my compiler. I tried Dev-c++, but it looks so old-fashion...
[2 replies] Last: If your writing for the windows platform why not just download the exp... (by zoul007)
Invalid socket

I am writing a code to connect to a socket. But when I use the function MySocket = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_TCP); it always returns invalid socket....
[1 reply] : What error does WSAGetLastError() return? The MSDN entry for the sock... (by andywestken)
How to disable button?

Hi! I wrote a program in the initialization time implementation: Butt = CreateWindow (" BUTTON ", TEXT (" at the beginning of time "), WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD...
[2 replies] Last: If you have a valid handle to a button control then calling EnableWind... (by Texan40)
by m0v3
trackbar

Hello everybody. So I have this program, which should show me a hello world statement and a trackbar somewhere. For some reason trackbar doesn't show. What's wr...
[1 reply] : You'd probably get a better response posting this in the Windows forum... (by MrHutch)
by shaygo
force DCOM to authenticate as ANONYMOUS

Hi. I noticed that in domain the authentication in DCERPC protocol with DCOM object is with the user COMPNAME$ and not ANONYMOUS (like workgroup). How can I...
[1 reply] : If la service runs using the LOCAL SERVICE account, it won't have an i... (by webJose)
Dll issue while launching the application

I am using one dll in my application for including the functionality provided by that dll . This dll i am getting after installing one msi . But in my applicati...
[7 replies] Last: Yes, this is correct. Usually 1st exe task could be done by your insta... (by modoran)
no createwindow 2nd time around

my listbox works over and over (clicking OK) until I add the menu. When I add the menu, I get a listbox window the first call, then no more window. the "SetMenu...
[5 replies] Last: Why do you need to insert your own CRLF every time ? Original file doe... (by modoran)
by ortymd
Installing curl and libcurl with Makefile.m32

I try to install curl and libcurl. So far I downloaded the curl-7.27.0.zip from http://curl.haxx.se, unzipped it and compiled with MinGW32. mingw32-make -C ...
[5 replies] Last: Do you have libcurl.dll in C:\windows\system32 installed by another ap... (by modoran)
ellipse

I am trying to write a program that alows the user to draw shapes wihin the window but I have very little understanding of all but the absolute basics of GDI an...
[no replies]
WriteFile with vector inside a vector

Hi, I've a vector <struct> with a vector in the struct consisting of TCHAR's. I would like to use the WriteFile function to write a string to a file but how sh...
[1 reply] : I found the solution after some heavily searching. The passing to the ... (by Shatronics)
initializing a rectangle

I am trying to write a program that displays a rectangle that moves when the user tells it to the code compiles and the rectangle appears but I get a runtime ch...
[9 replies] Last: that works rather well, thank you (by jax666999)
Replace a view in splitter window

I would like to know a way to change the view of a particular pane in a splitter window. It should be something like an explorer window. Where on click of a...
[no replies]
parallel port trouble

I want to make a realistic version of guitar hero, with my electronic drum kit. It uses a male parallel port with the pad cable running from that. So to the poi...
[no replies]
writing ints to the console screen?

How can i write integers to the console screen using winapi? i know how to use the WriteConsole or the WriteFile to write strings or chars to the console but i...
[1 reply] : Yes, you have to convert the number to a string. If you Google/Bing "... (by webJose)
simple _itoa_s question

When using : _ito_s(...); can the length of buffer be, say 10, and the actual length of integer data be less? I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edi...
[3 replies] Last: kbw, You are certain that the larger buffer length parameter is okay ... (by josheir)
get keypress

Hi! I was trying to write a keylogger. I used the GetAsyncKeyState() function but it doesn't take the writing delay. There is WM_KEYDOWN but now i don't have a...
[no replies]
by xordux
Beginner

Hello , iam a absolute beginner to windows programming ... can u suggest me any good tutorial or book or any resource to learn win programming ? P.S....
[6 replies] Last: I think i've learned c++ , iam just asking for windows programming tut... (by xordux)
call a function in a clr

Hello. i have a clr c++ project and a general c++ project. i use visual studio 2010. i need to call a function from the general c++ project in the clr project. ...
[1 reply] : Post some code. (by bobdabilder)
Compiler Help

Hi I have learned c++ as well as c# and want make an even simpler version of c called C Simplice. I understand how compilers work but keep getting stuck on pars...
[6 replies] Last: Hey i made a compiler of sorts, it compiles the main.sf file into a co... (by dude2333)
August 2012 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.