Windows Programming - August 2012 (Page 5)

compressed files (1,2)

hi sry for making too many new topics today . I'm trying to find a lib for making a compressed file, like .zip . and i need it to support utf-8 otherwise it ...
[22 replies] Last: I'm using the latest c::B , set the default compiler to mingw gcc. I'l... (by Sajjad Heydari)
Running and compiling a simple win32 program in C++

Hi. I'm new to the world of C++, so forgive me for asking a newbie type of question. As title suggests, I'm trying to run this simple hello world program using ...
[2 replies] Last: @modoran - Actually I wanted to compile this directly from the command... (by prahladyeri)
by samrux
Option Selection

I made an option selection program to use in my text game. It looks very simple, and it is (sort of), but expanding the options is extremely hard. I know it cou...
[no replies]
Decimal Separator Locales

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I searched for this question and didn't find. I have an application that is used around the world. It uses a MYSQL dat...
[3 replies] Last: I believe the computer already applies regional settings when using C+... (by Volatile Pulse)
else if mystery

Hi; I am new here and do not understand the result I get from this part of code I changed in a game. I am not really great in C++ and appreciate any explanation...
[2 replies] Last: Stupid me ! I should have known. This fixed it and I learned someth... (by wolfman)
by agatte
question ? [loaded DLL]

Hi, I have a question about dll. I am trying to launch application with plugins (.dll files) in MS Visual Studio 2010 (Windows 7). I have already compiled a...
[1 reply] : Those are not errors. Those are mere informational messages. If you ... (by webJose)
by axtroz
Dotted IPv4 address reversed with inet_addr

Greetings, I'm using Visual C++ 2010 express from microsoft and am trying to write a dll library for use with another project to send ping requests. My problem...
[1 reply] : Thats what it is supposed to be, the byte order of an unsigned long is... (by naraku9333)
Tree-View problem

Hi all, I'm new here. First I really get confused with the WM_NOTIFY message and the variables structures which inputs("A pointer to an NMHDR structure that co...
[7 replies] Last: Maybe OP does not include <tchar.h> header, as few tutorials uses it . (by modoran)
---

Solved, problem was related to C++ Builder.
[2 replies] Last: Solved. (by mlpnkobji)
by samrux
The Cursed Forest: WIP console game (1,2)

I've been working on in this for a while, it's currently around 515 lines long. The game is divided into chapters, each chapter has a different gameplay style: ...
[22 replies] Last: I don't know.. I'm expecting a better name or a chapter 5 sugestion i ... (by samrux)
winAPI to windows Azure

Does anyone know any good references for migrating a c++ WinAPI desktop application to Windows Azure?
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, I will look more into the VM role. Luckily we have tiers (ok ... (by exiledAussie)
Scroll bars not normal

I wrote a WIN32 program. I hope this program can display 10 line characters, and in the window is reduced came when the scroll bar. When I press the scroll bar ...
[no replies]
by fortis
Share load across LAN

Hi to everyone. I am trying to create a system, but I will need some help and pointers on how to implement it. Here is the situation. I have two computers conne...
[no replies]
How exactly does Winsock work?

I had been working with a game engine in vb6 called Eclispe Origin. It's use winsock and vb6 together. But now Im trying to make an engine in c++ using winsock,...
[9 replies] Last: Just run a couple of Douglas Comer's examples. They're basic UDP and ... (by kbw)
by ToniAz
SoftKeyboard

Hello everyone! So I'm bored, and decided I want to build a GUI-free software keyboard from scratch. You know experiment with new stuff besides iostream and ...
[no replies]
C++ and utf-8 and win32

hi I'm new to win32 but I've programmed a lot in c++. I want to use Persian letters in my win32 application. like this one: تست but when i compile and ...
[5 replies] Last: thanks solved but i add 'L' before all of my char* and changed them t... (by Sajjad Heydari)
Visual Studio 2012 out what's new?

I've just downloaded the pro student edition of VS2012, so what's new? Share your thoughts and advice
[2 replies] Last: No real support for c++11 (by guestgulkan)
Random results with recv() on WinSock

Ok, all previous problems solved (wrapping win32, and getting winsock to actually do ANYTHING) My problem now is that recv is very random. Sometimes it'll reci...
[2 replies] Last: Right, ok, i'll try and implement an error handling into it and see if... (by Deepershade)
WM_PAINT trouble

So I have this code in WM_PAINT case: HDC hdc=GetDC(hWnd); RECT rc={5,10,120,400}; SelectObject(hdc,GetStockObject(DEFAULT_GUI_FONT)); SetBkMode(hdc,TRANSPAREN...
[2 replies] Last: Okay that solved it, thanks! (by tofiffe)
by jons
Problems resolving symbol in .lib

Hello all! Im trying to make use of the IVI-foundation (instrument communication standardization group) standard "IVI-C" in a VS 2010 C++/CLI-project In d...
[1 reply] : You have added the path to the lib; have you added the lib itself? (by Moschops)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.