Windows Programming - September 2013

How to open and .EXE and print its contents as hex code to a text file C++ ?

Hi all, How to open and .EXE and print its contents as hex code to a text file C++ ? can anyone please give me a simple code snnipet ??? also I would like t...
[1 reply] : You already have an existing topic about this here: http://www.cpluspl... (by LB)
Listview with Colored Column Headers

Hi everybody, I want to create a listview with custom column header colors and font. The background and text color that this control comes with is not applic...
[3 replies] Last: #1 Unless you need to support Windows 2000 you should be using SetWind... (by andywestken)
Rectangular zoom

Hi, I have to implement rectangular zoom on charts. I am using VCL C++. Is there any algorithm to implement rectangular zoom ? I am not able to calculate the r...
[no replies]
by knn9
Are there any modern windows programming books?

I am aware of the 6th(?) edition of Programming Windows but it seems to focus on windows 8 "apps". I would like something that uses c++ and explains things like...
[5 replies] Last: Wow that's alot to look at. Thanks! I guess I was hoping there would ... (by knn9)
LoadCursor

I am playing with the Win32 Functions and I'm just wondering why do you need to pass in NULL, while the paramater is HINSTANCE hInstance LoadCursor(NULL, ID...
[1 reply] : You pass NULL as the instance handle when you want a stock resource fr... (by andywestken)
by HenryJ
How do you link together wxWidgets, Codelite, MinGW, and OpenGL

Hi everyone. I've just started learning to use OpenGL in C++ and so far I have not a clue of how to install it. I want to beable to use it with wxWidgets. I alr...
[3 replies] Last: The way I installed wxwidgets and mingw was I installed it in a codeli... (by HenryJ)
Send files using WinSock2

I know how to send text, but not files. So, how can I send files using WinSock2? Thank you!
[1 reply] : Send them as you read them. It's suggested you send its size (and its ... (by S G H)
Animation and Timers

I have been working on this project for school for a little bit now and I have run into a problem. When I run my code and click the start button under file in t...
[8 replies] Last: well... you have options. boundaries can: limit (if x > wide) x ... (by xoxos)
Confusing Number Parser

I have the code #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cstring> #include <cctype> #include <cstdarg> #include <cmath> #include <sstream> ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. (by closed account NUj6URfi)
Why does the order of includes matter?

I just spent over an hour trying to figure out why I was getting like 50 errors and I had no clue why. Only one thing in my code was actually highlighted red an...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for the clarification on that! Probably still would be messi... (by Renthalkx97)
by COM314
Communication Via Text File

I've been trying to create a pair of programs that will run simultaneously where one writes to a text file while the other one reads it. The purpose of this is ...
[3 replies] Last: What's the true application of this program, and why use text files? I... (by mezmiro)
Getting object to drag when mouse clicked and moved

I have been working on this program for one of my classes and I'm currently stuck. My program is 90% working, minus the mouse move command, when I click down on...
[4 replies] Last: Yea check above (by josh223456)
Window Maximize and Restore

I developed an application using Win API where I create wnd1 (main window) and wnd2 (child window) whose parent is wnd1. When wnd2 (child Window) is maximiz...
[7 replies] Last: but still this is not maximizing the child window I don't get what y... (by andywestken)
How to get THE PATH of a newly created file C++?

Hi all, How to get THE PATH of a newly created file C++? That means my program will run in the background and if I right click -> New Text Doc a new file...
[4 replies] Last: Okay then how will you get the path of a newly created .EXE or opened... (by modoran)
Problem with Dev-C++!

I'm making a Win32 application, and compiling worked fine... until now. Dev-C++ throws a syntax error in my face. It shows the error in an empty line of the pri...
[5 replies] Last: You can't use a resource file without a header file, this is a fact. J... (by Computergeek01)
Trouble with nested repetition

Hi im working on a program that is meant to output numbers like: 1 12 123 1234 12345 , now i can do that, however, i can't quite figure out how to out p...
[no replies]
Multi-threading.

Hi, I am doing a multi-threading program, in that i got some errors and i could not able to resolve them please help me. This is my code. #include"std...
[4 replies] Last: I must guess that the declaration is: uintptr_t _beginthreadex( // NA... (by keskiverto)
How to close stream of popen ?

I have to execute command and return the result like cmd. I just found out the only method for this requirement.I used popen function to execute command and ...
[6 replies] Last: The "copy" command is done by calling the "CopyFile()" function in C\C... (by Computergeek01)
Pre-Alpha Code Article Review: Windows SMTP Client

Hi Everyone, I have this code that I'm thinking about submitting to the articles section and I wanted to know what you guys think. This is Pre-Alpha becau...
[13 replies] Last: No need to fall back on some third party lib, evidently base64 is pret... (by Computergeek01)
Winsock UDP

When writing a UDP server, must I include ws2tcpip.h , it would seem to be since UDP is just another TCP/IP protocol, but I have seem a lot of inexperienced ne...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry i am using ws2 (by James Parsons)
September 2013 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.