Windows Programming - October 2013

best compiler for c++ on windows

i am using borland c++ nowadays. but i'm facing some problems on it. i am also having code::blocks but i find it a bit complicated, so i want some suggestion...
[17 replies] Last: For Windows Development I would always go with MS Visual Studio 20**. ... (by WetCode)
directX vector normals

lets say you have the Unit moving and camera follows it. But if u rotate the Unit (around Y axis) and then start to move, you need different coordinate change ...
[no replies]
by STX970
Direct3D textures

Hello all, I have created an application with D3DX9. My application displays text on the faces on 400 cubes using Textures. The heights of the cubes are ch...
[2 replies] Last: U change ur textures too fast... Every writting that CPU has to do to ... (by Silvestar)
Cannot automate/simulate listview click of another process

I am developing an automation tool. I want to click listview item of another process programatically. I have partially succeeded in doing. But I am getting a sl...
[no replies]
File Explorer

Hello programmers.....!!!! I want to make file exlorer in CLI (command line interface). please help me i need idea about that.
[1 reply] : boost::filesystem windows api (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
moving text from left to right

Here is my code so far: #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> using namespace std; void z() { Sleep(500...
[no replies]
[win32api] Tab in multiline editcontrol?

is there some way in properties of editcontrol to tell it that I actually want to add TAB "\t" to the editcontrol instead of changing focus on other controls?
[2 replies] Last: If you're talking about a modal dialog (created using DialogBox) then ... (by andywestken)
How many characters can string variable hold?

Hi all, How many characters can string variable hold? ex : string a="apple"; like what is the max num of chars a can hold?
[2 replies] Last: No offence Avarind but you should realize that simply typing the title... (by cnoeval)
by Manga
I would like some sfml help

I made a game with sfml. Now that I am done... How can I stop the console window from popping up? I only want my game window to be there. The console window was...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks!! (by Manga)
Bug in my Win32 Program

Problem: Edit control does't show after document saves. Code: case ID_FILE_SAVEAS: { OPENFILENAME ofn; char szFileName[ MAX_PATH ] = ""; ZeroM...
[3 replies] Last: Well I've figured out a solution. Right after I set the tab control it... (by Vincent Boromeo)
Resource monitor crashes program

My friend told me that when he opened his resource monitor (Win8 x64) my program (32bit) crashed. I took a look into this issue with MSVS2012 Ultimate where my ...
[3 replies] Last: The reason is, usually a function (by default) uses cdecl calling conv... (by S G H)
by aj3423
implement a recursive dir iterator

Hi, I want to write a recursive dir iterator, so I can write code like: for_each(recursive_dir_iter("c:/", "*.txt"), recursive_dir_iter(), display_func); I...
[3 replies] Last: Clearly you need to remember the filter so you can make up the correct... (by kbw)
How to give trial period to software ?

If any one can make trial period to this file i can pay needful amount for that.I have to make this as soon as possible so please give me quick replay I h...
[6 replies] Last: i don't want to quarrel my budy by me.i am so sorry..and thank you so ... (by yatinmistry28)
by clodi
how to create an icon?

Hi guys. Just realised that my windows program doesnt have an icon. I do DirectX and no almost nothing about API GDI. Can anybody give me some shortcut and...
[10 replies] Last: Duoas linked the program further up in the thread. (by Zhuge)
[win32api] List View control help

I'm trying to create this List View control, but somehow I can't load any column to it, here's the code and below is the .rc line for listview, any suggestions?...
[7 replies] Last: 1. is there a NEED to do a dummy column?, ... what is the difference?... (by andywestken)
Need help for my homework

Hi all i got problem with my c++ code can some one tell me where is my misstake coz i really need this homework..... #include <iostream> using namespace s...
[5 replies] Last: #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> void main() { clrscr(); unsigne... (by Mevan Edirisinghe)
HELP! 100 independently running Ramp objects

Hello :) We would really like someone to have a look at the following code and tell us why it does not draw the animation or if it even is correct according to...
[2 replies] Last: Sounds like c++, aalok. @Rie: It'd be nice if you put your code into ... (by S G H)
How will you set the 'integrity level' of a file using c++???

Hi all, How will you set the 'integrity level' of a file using c++??? I mean the files in System32 folder are write protected and the have high integrity ... ...
[1 reply] : A lot of people here are just annoyed by this, can't you research till... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Get process execution?

how do I wait with my app till there's some new process and check it's name? do I have to use timer and list processes (I know how to do this) or is there a fun...
[2 replies] Last: since that's kinda confusing for me, would it be really inefficient to... (by mekkatorqu)
How to delete a file on reboot using c++?

Hi all, How to delete a file on reboot using c++? Please help me guys:)
[4 replies] Last: Thankyou all for your replys! (by closed account 3hMz8vqX)
October 2013 Pages: 123... 6
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.