Windows Programming - October 2013 (Page 3)

by Skynet
Better way for me to parse file

I am trying to parse a file that is in this format. Lets say I get this file as an example gameDesign java cs3 java cs1 cSharp cs1 cs1 cs0 discreteMath ...
[2 replies] Last: Use std::getline to read each line separately. http://www.cplusplus.co... (by naraku9333)
Win32 Createdialog() failing with a return code 0

Hey everybody, I'm currently working through forgers win32 tutorial, getting to the section on dialogs. My bigger project was screwing up, so I loaded up the...
[1 reply] : Note: finally tracked down the issue, rc file was forgotten :facepalm:... (by BruceJohnJennerLawso)
share my practicing project?

I want to share my practicing project. (developing alone doesn't feel good.) It's just object oriented practicing. I am not that good so far. The goal is prac...
[no replies]
C++ mouse on taskbar button

My C++ program minimizes a screen when the key M is pressed. I am trying to read which mouse key is clicking on the taskbar's program button. So far I have us...
[6 replies] Last: Glad you got your problem sorted. But I have no idea what other key p... (by andywestken)
VS2012 + Lua

So I've been following this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5D_h2X8LCk , however Im getting errors about thaat my lib is not linked, however, IT IS, I ...
[6 replies] Last: oh yea, I was using VS2012 x64 cross tool cmd, didnt think that this c... (by mekkatorqu)
What is a file signature when it comes to AV software???

Hi all, What is a file signature when it comes to AV software??? Can anyone tell me how an AV searches a file for signature ?
[4 replies] Last: Thankyou very much!!! Stay tuned for more questions :D (by closed account 3hMz8vqX)
by user02
MP3 Player

Suppose one wants to write a program that plays latest version of files in the widely used mp3 format. What libraries (or functions, methods, etc) should one in...
[2 replies] Last: Windows can play MP3 by default, no external libraries are needed, the... (by modoran)
formatting

Hey everybody, I want to know how I can program a program with that I can formatting for example an USB-stick. Can somebody help me??? Thank you
[no replies]
How to hook NtTerminateProcess and protect my process???

Hi all, How to hook NtTerminateProcess and protect my process??? Can anyone give me an example code??? Regards, Aravind.
[8 replies] Last: Anyway this topic is solved... im not gonna ask any more questions on... (by closed account 3hMz8vqX)
Stackoverflow on first line

Hi, I have some long code, that was running ok, but, i wanted to do some changes. The code builds fine, but, on the first line, gives a stack overflow exception...
[2 replies] Last: I didn't show the entire code because it is huge, but, it crashed on l... (by hansaaa)
Identify a virtual machine

Guys, Need a little help, it would be possible to identify a virtual machine (virtualbox for example) behind a code in c / c + +? If yes someone rial any ex...
[2 replies] Last: You should also read this article, is old, but maybe it will give you ... (by modoran)
a question about map

hi, everyone ,I have a map<string ,int > innermap, and put it in a map, map<string, innermap> outtermap, now I put word/tag/number in it ,tag is the characteri...
[4 replies] Last: Following the strategy described in the OP: #include <map> #include <... (by cire)
OpenGl Homogenous Coordinates

Hello, I am struggling writing the following code in c++ using opengl: multiplies a point 'p' by a 3x3 matrix 'm' in homogeneous coordinates. The result ...
[1 reply] : http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~pinghu1/opengl/opengl.html (by keskiverto)
gtkmm on win

Has anyone tried to use gtkmm with Orwell Dev - C+ +. Your experiences? http://sourceforge.net/projects/orwelldevcpp/ Best regards
[no replies]
Drawing in the non-client area

I'm learning MFC and I use VC++ 6. I came across this code which draws in the non-client area of the window, but its not working. The rectangle is painted in th...
[4 replies] Last: If my memory serves me right, something like this: class myframe : p... (by JLBorges)
Pure WIN32 Self-Extract EXE Builder not working in Windows 7

Did anyone get the demo working? http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/7053/Pure-WIN32-Self-Extract-EXE-Builder
[1 reply] : Hi, Why over-code a simple Resource Extractor. Just follow this: #... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Single click self extracting .exe in c++?

I would like to build a self extracting .exe in Visual Studios c++ 2012. Does anyone have a working solution for VS2012? I checked projects like LZMA (7-zip...
[1 reply] : Hi, I found this snippet to extract a resource(BINARY) into a file. ... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Hide console window after system()

I thought this would be super simple, but I can't get find a way to do it: I use system("kwerpotutorial.pdf"); to open the pdf file. This open a console...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, Using ShellExecute is not ideally a good idea, mostly as ShellExe... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
How to make a 'heuristic' malware scanner in c++???

Hi all, It has been so long since I visited the forum... So here is my new question!!! How to make a 'heuristic' malware scanner in c++??? Thankyou everyone...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, You are asking too broad of a question. I will try my best to ans... (by closed account 13bSLyTq)
Encode Playback device capture audio data and write an mp3 file

I'm working on a project in which I'll have to encode my audio data. I can capture the audio and create a .wav file but I want to compress it and make it an mp...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply! Actually I've tried this project and it focuse... (by Hell1989)
October 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.