Windows Programming - September 2013 (Page 2)

need highly informative resource about windows programming

i want to do windows based programming in c/c++. at present i know that gnu gcc contains windows.h h...
[3 replies] Last: also, I don;t if you're doing any mfc, but i found this a very good bo... (by mutexe)
AddPrinter() function hang and doesn't return anything.

I am using AddPrinter() function to add a local printer. My operating system is Windows 8. But it go...
[no replies]
SetWindowsHookEx WH_KEYBOARD_LL not responding on right shift

I try to use the Windows API in c++ and `SetWindowsHookEx` `WH_KEYBOARD_LL` does not seem to get eve...
[no replies]
Shell Extension - Context Menu

Hello, I'm having a problem about displaying a menu item in Windows 7 64bit. I'd like to add a...
[7 replies] Last: @Andy: I tried building a 64-bit version. It runs successfully. @Modo... (by tricuong)
Help me with my game please.

Hello there. Ive been doing some c++ in dev-c++. I started a month ago, taught myself from books and...
[2 replies] Last: im sorry, i did this because i thought now many experienced programmer... (by uob8652)
C program communicate with serial port?

Hi. I am working on a university project at Chalmers where we need to make a C program that commu...
[no replies]
C++ Compiler without redistributable packagE?

is there any good compiler that doesn't require redistributable packages and it is possible to work ...
[2 replies] Last: nvm got it, i guess, thanks! (by mekkatorqu)
What Should I use?

I don't know what to pick, I am stuck between win32, .net, and mfc. I am still fairly new to program...
[2 replies] Last: I'd say learn either Qt or wxWidgets - both are C++ based and cross-pl... (by modoran)
Needing help with parsing (1,2)

I am working on a program that can swap out one orthography (writing system) for another to help wit...
[21 replies] Last: It's not really a problem; it's a limitation (which was mentioned earl... (by andywestken)
Storing Strings - A lot of them.

I'm developing a simple random background switching program--which you might have heard about a whil...
[1 reply] : I don't want my program [...] storing the names in memory Why not?... (by tath)
Redrawing Over Lapping Windows

In my application, I have sibling windows (have the same parent), lets say I created wnd1 and then c...
[8 replies] Last: Andy.. Thanks for your help and support. The issue is resolved. The pr... (by ahbazzi)
by cgw122
Removing GDI+ objects

I am attempting to write a program to randomly select images out of a directory and set them as a de...
[2 replies] Last: Does that even compile? According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/... (by cire)
by aggsyb
Getting a char from one vector and adding to another

//Prototype void getChars (std::vector<std::string> *chars); void getFileNames(std::vector<std::s...
[4 replies] Last: Could you give an example please? Note that for in parameters you sh... (by andywestken)
Graphics API

I am a beginner programmer, and I want to learn how to do graphics. I don't know which api to use. I...
[4 replies] Last: Well i definitely wouldn't recommend Directx for a beginner, go for SD... (by Uk Marine)
by tatai
gathering x,y data from txt file

I have a txt file like this book3.txt I have values of the x-axis in the first row. and values ...
[2 replies] Last: Well think of it this way, all your .txt file is, is just a big fat st... (by Factors)
How to kill a process using TerminateJobObject() API ???

Hi all, Can anyone give an example code to show how to kill a process using the TerminateJobObject ...
[2 replies] Last: Let me give you a leg into figuring this out. According to MSDN http:/... (by Factors)
I need to open CD-ROM by WinApi

Hi, I need to open CD-ROM by WinApi. My program does'n work. Please help me. #include <windows.h...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much :) (by Observer)
Sdl tutorials or books

I am trying to find some good tutorials for SDL 2.0 but I have only found lazyfoo and sdltutorials. ...
[4 replies] Last: I would go for SFML as a start for graphics, but SDL is also pretty de... (by Uk Marine)
Window Groups

I made a main, matrix window (WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW) and 100 child windows that all have edit control,...
[2 replies] Last: Oh ... kay. I made a mistake with the class registering. Thanks! (by Khatuni)
CString - Capitalizing every first letter in a word

Hello, I'm building an agenda in MFC. I use some EditControl boxes that have CString variables a...
[2 replies] Last: Its clear now what it went wrong. I used the last version. My agenda ... (by Gabirvl)
September 2013 Pages: 1234... 6
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.