Windows Programming - September 2013 (Page 3)

How to find system requirements?

How is it that you find out what ram and processor you need to run a game?
[5 replies] Last: You mean aside from Task Manager? Windows Performance Monitor allows ... (by andywestken)
Wxwidgets errors

I was trying to create wxwidgets program then this question apeard while tryn to set it up "a matching debug configuration cannot be found in the wxwidgets dire...
[3 replies] Last: You should read docs\msw\install.txt from your wxwidgets distributio... (by modoran)
Graphics to a console program

How do i add graphics to my c++ console program
[6 replies] Last: Thax guys (by Kaleb mapatha)
How will you kill a process WITHOUT using any API ?

Hi all, i have a small question! How will you kill a process WITHOUT using any API ? Is there a way???
[8 replies] Last: try this ExitProcess(); (by mysunshine)
Can anyone give an example code of SHBrowseForFolder function???

Hi all, Can anyone give an example code of SHBrowseForFolder function??? Thankyou everyone in advance:)
[2 replies] Last: Perversely, the code samples in the MSDN entry for SHBrowseForFolder d... (by andywestken)
TerminateProces() vs. NtTerminateProcess() -> which is better?

Hi all, i have a small question - is the NtTerminateProcess powerful than TerminateProcess if not which is the most powerful process kill API?
[1 reply] : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms686714(v=vs.... (by LB)
How to restart windows in safe mode using C++ ???

Hi all, it has been so long since i visited this forum . . . So, i need to know how to restart windows in safe mode. I know you can edit the boot.ini in xp...
[7 replies] Last: Thankyou all for your help ! I will use the batch file! please answe... (by closed account 3hMz8vqX)
by bzh
Simulate Mouse without Requiring Control

I'm trying to simulate a mouse click within a Client Context and only using the X/Y coordinates of it's context. There are few ways that I know of to actually u...
[2 replies] Last: Either way, if I'm going to send a WM_COMMAND to an app be for a contr... (by bzh)
by armita
Help Please:(

I need to answer this question as soon as possible. Please give me your ideas. Thanks.. question: The following class is a synchronous circular buffer. ...
[no replies]
Changes between directx 9 and 11

Are there a lot of major changes between DirectX 9 and 11? Are can I use directx 9 tutorials but program everything with directx 11? I like directxtutorials....
[1 reply] : I asked this a while back: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/10880... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Directx 11 book?

Does anyone know of any books that could teach directx 11. I would like to learn direct2d/3d as well as input and stuff. I could not find very many online ones,...
[5 replies] Last: If you want to learn the basics of Windows programming, you can go her... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Looking for an HTML5 chatroom for my website

I am looking for an HTML5 chatroom for my website that is mobile friendly. I could find only RumbleTalk and chatwind but both have no 3rd party users integrati...
[8 replies] Last: Yeah, I understood that. (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Visual Studio 2013 Design Mode

Can you, and if you can how to switch to design mode in visual Studio 2013? On Win32 Applicationd
[1 reply] : Unless it's a new feature in the very latest version of Visual Studio,... (by andywestken)
Directx Beginner

Hallo liebe Community, ich bin gerade dabei, ein wenig in directx reinzuschnuppern. Jetzt bin ich beim vierten Tutorial bei dem es darum ging ein grĂ¼nes D...
[2 replies] Last: Auch wenn eine Antwort zehn Tage nach der Anfrage ziemlich unsinnig sc... (by plexus)
2K TDEA encryption and decryption

Hi, I am using NEW 8110 POS terminal. I have to communicate with a terminal communicating host. In my case host need's to do communication's securely. We bot...
[3 replies] Last: Hi everyone, Thank you for the help. Finally we found the wrong point... (by dushantha12)
Binary File Handling

XxX
[no replies]
learning C++

C++ is an amazing language, so powerful. The thing is, I'm having a hard time learning it, i dont know if its my learning style or what, but i keep getting stuc...
[12 replies] Last: PI:3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230... (by Cronnoc)
WinSock2 error

Well, I am not positive it has to do with the WinSock, but that is what I am guessing. I am getting an error message when I run my application. It does compil...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, kbw!!! (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
How to use DirectX?

I was wondering if anyone knows about directx. I know a fare amount of C++ and I want to learn DirectX. I was wondering if anyone knows some good tutorials. I w...
[5 replies] Last: Does anyone know of some good, preferably free, tutorials? (For direct... (by nicedude80)
SDL resize to smaller size and brightness

urgent! SDL_surface *zoomout(SDL_surface *surface) { } i knw how is the concept but i cannot apply to c++ SDL_surface *brightness(SDL_surface *surface) { ...
[no replies]
September 2013 Pages: 123456
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.