Windows Programming - September 2013 (Page 5)

problem after hard work

I cann,t see the output any help guys!!!!!!1 'huffman.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\emhmed\Downloads\src\Debug\huffman.exe', Symbols loaded. 'huffman.exe':...
[2 replies] Last: Lol, I like your response :) (by NanoBytes)
by Ch1156
How to increase the global volume of windows

I have a laptop running windows 7 and its so annoying because the volume is waaaaaaaaay to low, i did this trick to increase the volume but its still too low so...
[5 replies] Last: @ knn9: What you are talking about is like what commercials do, increa... (by Computergeek01)
Challenge Logic

Guys, I have a challenge for the teacher and need some help to come up with logic. What is a Windows environment with multiple users created by taking the Use...
[1 reply] : Run a search for "delete users WINAPI" on your Internet browser. I can... (by newbieg)
by Jazmin
input file error

So this is my homework. However I am having trouble getting the file to open and read me the values. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namesp...
[4 replies] Last: Hes right in that ifstream can't do it I think. However it would be ea... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Sizing window

I had created a window that contains several components (Edit, List View, Buttons, ...). I need to re-size and rearrange those components upon sizing the window...
[6 replies] Last: Anyway thanks.. I am already referring to MSDN in most of the coding ... (by ahbazzi)
Resizing in Windows Forms Application

Hi, when I resize the program I made, the window itself resizes but the other stuff I have in the program dont. I would like the other stuff like a button for e...
[no replies]
Integration with Word

Hi All. I', new here are fairly new to C++ so please excuse my ignorance! I'm undertaking a project at the moment which requires me to hook into a custom c+...
[1 reply] : Rather than doing Java -> JNI -> C++ -> Word, have you considered putt... (by kbw)
Open files with...

I was curious how I could make it possible to set my program as the "default program" for opening a file type (like if you click on a .html file the computer kn...
[4 replies] Last: I think I got that part. I will have to actually set up the registry p... (by newbieg)
by Addez
All of a sudden my program refuse to execute

I was working on a very simple program that only uses the cmd to do stuff. Then all of a sudden it stopped working. It compiles and runs. But it instantly ret...
[8 replies] Last: -mwindows is used only when you write a GUI program, not a console app... (by modoran)
Taking a screenshot

I need some help with winapi HDC hScreenDC = CreateDC(L"DISPLAY", NULL, NULL, NULL); HDC hMemoryDC = CreateCompatibleDC(hScreenDC); int x = GetDeviceCaps(hScr...
[2 replies] Last: Solved by Disch http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/110251/ (by DrZoidberg)
How to make communication in different dialogues in MFC dialogue based application?

In my MFC dialogue based application one situation is that first I open model dialogue and click event of one of button of this dialogue ,it open main dialogue ...
[no replies]
by norbit
How to remove last character in textbox?

I am programing a calculator. I have created backspace button to remove last character in textbox but I don't know how to do that. Could you help me?
[5 replies] Last: Because I'm programing calculator in Microsoft Visual C++. That link i... (by norbit)
by aggsyb
Console App to Windows Forms

Hey, I have a fully functioning console app, I would like to turn it into an app with a UI. Using VC++ I have created a simple UI and done a bit of research to ...
[3 replies] Last: First thing, you do know that String ^ input = textBox1->Text; is no... (by andywestken)
Flickering List View

I created list view using win API CreateWindowEx . The List View is flickering too much and its processing is too slow (when moving using the arrow keys) altho...
[3 replies] Last: EssGeEich: I am using (HBRUSH)(COLOR_WINDOW) , when I used the NULL ... (by ahbazzi)
INP_BUFFER_SIZE

Where is INP_BUFFER_SIZE defined? Well, that's short, but that is all I have to ask. Thank you! EDIT: I have these defined: mmsystem.h windows.h commdlg.h ...
[3 replies] Last: dont worry... disch makes a lot of us feel stupid. (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
C++ Winsock Multiclient Server!

Hey guys, i was wondering how can i make my Winsock server multiclient? Here is my code for my main.cpp: /* This is our Server */ //Includes #include "...
[1 reply] : If you replace lines 23,24 with a call to create a thread to run the c... (by kbw)
Java... please assist a beginner

/* The output will display answers up to 15 digits... The answers are to have a decimal accuracy of three places and they must be aligned. Also, I must not use ...
[9 replies] Last: i came into this late... but it looks like computerquip bullied this g... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
WinAPI Windows 7 Taskbar Tutorial

I want a tutorial on how to use the Windows 7 taskbar API (eg. Jump Lists, Icon overlay, progressbar under icon, thumbnail toolbars). I have found a couple tut...
[4 replies] Last: @EssGeEich Thank you for clearing that up. I only use native c++ anyw... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
by knn9
How do you use 32bit icons? (winapi/VS2010)

I can't find much info on this. MSDN recommends to use 16x16, 32x32, and 48x48 icons, no greater than 24-bits. But I'm pretty sure Windows uses icons much large...
[no replies]
game loop suport

I want to have some varables that can be used throught functions using the extrn comand. here is my code: source code: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostrea...
[4 replies] Last: so Zhuge should I take out int main2 (void)? (by popa6200)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 3456
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.