Windows Programming - September 2013 (Page 6)

by knn9
Examples of reading Microsoft "category tags" from image metadata?

I already know I need a library for reading metadata, the question is what format is Microsoft's tags metadata("Tags" in windows explorer)? I'm planning on usin...
[1 reply] : Never mind. All I had to do was open an image in an exif viewer that s... (by knn9)
Jump List

How can I add an Item to the Windows 7 Jump List(I think that is what it is called)? Where when you right click or drag from the icon in the taskbar. I am usi...
[no replies]
Logging Program 1 (1,2)

I have been commissioned to create a program to log events at festivals and other events. I would like it to look like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1f2748pxi...
[24 replies] Last: i just tried to add a database to an application in VS 2012 and it say... (by brucey2343)
learning visual studio

wheres the best place to learn to use visual studio express 2012??
[2 replies] Last: This has some stuff: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/devschool/archive/2013/01... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Error running command with system () function

Guys, I'm trying to run the following command to uninstall a software, the source code looks like this: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <stdi...
[3 replies] Last: Guys, Thank you for using CreateProcess could help. Thank you so mu... (by WillLima)
ComboMenu

I am making a combobox, but the items won't show in the menu. This is some of my code: addEdit = CreateWindow("edit", "Add Item...", WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBL...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! Yeah, I don't why I put a comma there. EDIT: It still does... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
by m33tz
Compiler text too small

Hello, I am working in C++. Mostly with CodeBlocks, but when this problem occurred I tried with Dev-C++, unfortunately it was still there . Past few days I'm...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you a lot ! All good now. (by m33tz)
Saving bitmaps

Hi, I am following a tutorial on saving bitmaps. It has gone well, but I am having a problem now. The program does compile successfully. It can save the file...
[2 replies] Last: Okay, thank you for replying! I have actually fixed it. It was in a p... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
Download A Web Page

I would like to download a web page from the internet and save it as an HTML file.
[9 replies] Last: Hi, Are you using VS (Visual Studio) if so just copy the above code a... (by Zin Byte)
Change font style on win32 buttons.

Hey guys, I am making a simple win32 program to practice making some different kinds of controls etc. I made some buttons and I was wondering if their was a...
[4 replies] Last: I read all the documentation and I tried it and it worked great! Than... (by TheHelpfulOne)
RegQueryValueEx Problem ** HELP ME

the last two parameters to the function are the buffer and the size of buffer. the buffer gets the value -- what should be the type of buffer if the reg type i...
[6 replies] Last: There is a problem on line 15 in that code snippet, it is NOT guarante... (by modoran)
Windows 7 Theme isn't being applied to my simple win32 program.

Hey guys, I am just starting to learn how to program with the win32 API so that I can make some GUI's for my programs instead of having them all just be consol...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much! This worked amazingly. (by TheHelpfulOne)
Clip windows horizontally?

I have multiple horizontally adjacent windows inside the program's main window; they are all for text editing ( CreateWindow("EDIT", ... with WS_THICKFRAME ):...
[4 replies] Last: That's exactly what I needed! Thanks, Andy. (by Khatuni)
how does windows know on which control did i click mouse

When we create a button by BUTTON or by CButton. How does windows or maybe the application window know on which button did I click the mouse. Does it check the ...
[2 replies] Last: Does it check the co-ordinates of mouse and the buttons ? Yes. (Ass... (by andywestken)
string search cmd?

I'm trying to make a program that would serch string for a keyword like the arduino command StringSubstring(Arduino is a micro procceser, i't compileing languag...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/find/ (by closed account z05DSL3A)
c++ regcreatekeyex compile error

I want photoshop to start at my computer at work. Its not compile help me! Can u explain me what is the 5 and 6 arguments? Can i do KEY_CREATE_LINK instead of k...
[4 replies] Last: As lodger said you may need higher privileges you can use UAC, to crea... (by Zin Byte)
by kc6ufm
New to C++ and Windows

I've been coding for a long time in C and C-like languages (anyone remember Deep Blue C and Action! for the Atari 8-bit machines?) and recently decided to final...
[13 replies] Last: I think you can use VS08 and VS10 with VS05-Cpp-Linked libraries? I th... (by S G H)
by Nedim1
How to create text buttons and use images as buttons in SFML

I'm trying to make a main menu using SFML, but I don't know how to make text buttons or using images as buttons.So how do I do that, and if someone could provi...
[5 replies] Last: Yea, but I'd be more efficient to have one button texture and just loa... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Using SetDIBits() and GetDIBits()

I am not exactly sure how to actually use these functions. Can anyone explain how to use them with a bitmap image? Also, how can I save the changes to the bit...
[no replies]
Good Windows Compiler

I am looking for a good C++ compiler. I am willing to pay up to $300-500. I really like VS2012 Professional, but I don't want to pay $1200 for it. These are ...
[14 replies] Last: @Andy I am using VS2012 Professional. It is at Project->Add New Item-... (by closed account jwkNwA7f)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 456
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.