Windows Programming - September 2015 (Page 2)

by Dmytro
I used a new compiler such Dev-Cpp 5.11, please help my mistakes

An error occurred 22 35 E:\FAT\dev64-samples-master\fat32\include\hdd\mbr.h expected specifier-qualifier-list before '/' token compilation terminated due to -...
[1 reply] : More code #ifndef _HDD_MBR_H_ #define _HDD_MBR_H_ #include <... (by Dmytro)
Windows CLR app breaks because of Text Box

So I am making very simple app and I have a text box where the user enters a number, I convert the string in the text box to a number by doing the following: ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for responding and I will make sure to put my code in the corre... (by millerizi)
by scooke
CreateWindow() Question

My companies software is using... CreateWindow(WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW); ...to create a window that needs to float to other monitors. However, WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW d...
[2 replies] Last: That is not the case for this particular Window style which is why I a... (by scooke)
Best way to get debug info why app is crashing on users computers

Hi All, I'm having trouble with a Windows app I've made that works perfectly on the computers I've tested it on, but one of my users is struggling with rando...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the response! This looks like what I need. What I'm think... (by Gemmab89)
How to get MFC?

I'm using VS 2013 Pro and I want to try using MFC, but files such as afxwin.h (where CWnd is supposed to be declared) don't exist on my machine. Is MFC not bund...
[2 replies] Last: MFC is included by default with Visual Studio, except Express Edition.... (by modoran)
Issue with excel ClearContents() API; MSDN

I copy a excel cell to multiple selected cells ( ctrl-C and ctrl-V manually ). I then try to run the above excel API to clear copied cells' contents. This was t...
[no replies]
by Massi
build muPDF library

Dear Forum, I want to render a PDF within my GUI (vs2013 + Qt5 win7 x64). After little research, I decided to use muPDF library https://github.com/xiangxw/m...
[no replies]
how do i convert words into tones and base freq?

here's my problem main.cpp|20|error: expected ';' before 'multiplies'| main.cpp|20|error: missing template arguments before ')' token| ||=== Build failed:...
[19 replies] Last: Nice Post. (by MurieilMendeiz)
Changing Listbox Color

I had created a ComboBoxEx using the WINAPI CreateWindowEx. The class is WC_COMBOBOXEX. The ComboBox is created properly. However, I need to change the color of...
[3 replies] Last: It should work. See: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows... (by coder777)
Execute a program, but repress its error message

I have an update/configuration program in C++ that, once it finishes checking updates, is supposed to branch off and execute the full application. That part ...
[2 replies] Last: That's a very interesting idea. I will play around with the engine an... (by mi41lumber)
How to fix error C3861: 'ChangeLanguage': identifier not found

Hello all, I made a windows form with a combo-box and a label in VC++ 2010. I have added three resource files one English (default), second French and thir...
[no replies]
Is it possible?

Hello to everyone, I have a question: I create a project in visual studio 2013, is it possible to use the project in another computer? Or maybe to install it o...
[1 reply] : Yes. You have *.vcxproj and *.sln file(s) for you project. These files... (by coder777)
need a bit of a help with scripts (.bat file)

So now i have 2 .bat files. one copies some file if it was updated ( robocopy C:\location C:\destination) and another one that executes a some kind of .exe file...
[2 replies] Last: to make sure you can use the CALL , look for it in Google with Batch f... (by Ericool)
SFML , key event problem.

So i am almost finished with my sfml snake game. The only problem i have now is that after you lose, A prompt appears asking you if you want to exit(press escap...
[7 replies] Last: oh wow thank you xbv. I still don't even know how to use break points.... (by DAoliHVAR)
Sent bytes and receive bytes

Hi all. I want to write a program to retrieve sent bytes and recieve bytes for each process like tab network activity in resource monitor. Someone can tell me...
[no replies]
Merge sort with linked list

Hi guys, I was assigned to do a merge list which when show out an output would resulting the steps such as initial numbers, split, sort left half, sort right ha...
[no replies]
by PacR
Assign integer to this->Tag property.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.control.tag(v=vs.110).aspx This website is saying that only text can be assigned to tag property....
[4 replies] Last: I will have to write this->Tag = gcnew Int64(...); for every control... (by PacR)
Changing VC++ Form application to multi-lingual.

Hello all. I am trying to make my application a multi-lingual one (atleast one more language in addition to English), so that it can accept other language te...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you @Ericool As per my knowledge, XML and JSON are used in web ... (by SdHuma45)
Trying to make background program that opens program when keyboard shortcut is pressed.

(title) My plan is to have a program that opens a window when you press Ctrl+Shift+A or Ctrl+Shift+M. The window is supposed to have a customizable list of your...
[no replies]
WIN32 API: Variable with a corresponding image on screen?

Okay, so in my Win32 application I have a virtual chess board set up -- a 2-D array of 8 by 8 -- with chess pieces located in their proper place. I have then se...
[no replies]
September 2015 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [aug2015] [oct2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.