Windows Programming - September 2017

Can anyone help with problem

[1 reply] : This is a simple maths problem. Number of km, divided by 1000. Round ... (by Repeater)
by Mite
MySQL server database connection for multiple computers

Hi everyone i have a messenger sort of program that connects with the mysql server database(xampp 127.0.0.1). i have installed that application in 3 of my ...
[3 replies] Last: The address 127.0.0.1 is tht local host, i. e. the computer where the ... (by coder777)
by Roson
Visual Studio - "browser.path"

Hello, i downloaded visual studio and i have no clue how to use it. Until now, i used turbo c++ and i've begun to get used to it. But, i've downloaded vi...
[1 reply] : > i downloaded visual studio and i have no clue how to use it. Tutori... (by JLBorges)
Need Help with problem. Deriving new class from existing class.

The assignment I need to complete is as follows: Use the Numbers Class created for In Class Exercise Three to DERIVE a new class RomanNumerals. Ro...
[1 reply] : Why does your Numbers class contains a static string Romannum? Surely ... (by Repeater)
Tutorial for android studio

Recently, i take a subject called mobile programming. It is about android studio. Can anyone suggests a tutorial websites for learning it.
[5 replies] Last: I myself find the answer. Just at the top, you can select android view... (by teopeishen)
by Mite
Visual Studio c++ forms and mysql database error

Hello Everyone.... actually I made a form application in visual studio which was like messenger that stores userdetails and messages in MySql Database tables...
[8 replies] Last: I am afraid you have to install MySql on the computer where your progr... (by Thomas1965)
Error:824

I get SQL Server database error,'Incorrect Checksum. Microsoft SQL Server, Error:824'. Anyone have had similar issue? Any ideas would be gratefully received
[1 reply] : The error 824 is ususally related to the IO/Hardware issues. Please i... (by hyde0392)
by Mite
Mysql Creating table with c++

Hi everyone i wanted to create a table in my mysql database through c++ windows forms in visual studio. i use the following code to do it: MySqlCommand^cr...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry, I wouldn't know. (by freddie1)
std::array

I need to reset all elements to zeros for example: not all code shown, so after a loop .. .. std::array<int, 4> did_arr { 0,0,0,0}; while (j<20000) {...
[2 replies] Last: std::array<int, 4> did_arr {}; #include <iostream> #include <arra... (by TheIdeasMan)
by ligal
delete item within external listbox if match string

i wana delete item with string ds.exe if found in listbox i already get handle for it HWND hMainWnd = FindWindow(NULL,"board"); HWND hListWnd ...
[7 replies] Last: all i need is one line of code why i need to read whole book to sol... (by ligal)
Usage of Infragistics files

I found that in the c++ code of a trading product , 4 infragistics files have been referenced. For what purpose infragistics files are referenced in C++ project...
[1 reply] : Did you bother to check the infragistics web site? https://www.infragi... (by AbstractionAnon)
by thori
XML-db-console output and encoding

Hello, I work with Base X and try to integrate a XML database with c++ on Windows 7. I am using the BaseXclient API from https://github.com/JohnLeM/BasexCPPA...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry I forgot to write that I have set the console code page. new st... (by thori)
Pointer issue

Still fairly new to C++, the issue I'm getting here is "uninitialized local variable 'teams' used" in the line ">" is pointing to. void initialize(vector <T...
[2 replies] Last: I see, thank you very much. Will do so in the future. (by Bettarun3)
Do we use ODBC just to avoid putting some extra code?

Hello ladies and gentlemen. In control panel there is ODBC drivers to connect databases to the project to one of the programming languages that we use. Is ODBC...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, Sorry it took too long to reply. (by omer123)
by ferrad
Visual Studio dependency check

I have a CPP file which include various .i files. When I update one of the .i files, the cpp file is not compiled when I do a build. How do I get the cpp file...
[5 replies] Last: Right click on the .i file, change the 'Item Type' to 'C/C++ header... (by JLBorges)
Event sink necessary for ATL Connection Points?

I'm new to COM/ATL and there are different tutorials on what to do when implementing connection points. Is it necessary to create an event sink? Some tutorials ...
[4 replies] Last: You may be right about it not allowing inclusion in the dll. If I keep... (by inigomontoyaz)
Calculate a date

Hi, Someone have a formula to calculate the date of the attribute "lastLogon" (131496839107085903) of the windows active directory ? Thanks, Best regards Jo...
[1 reply] : I would think that "lastLogon" is file time. See: https://msdn.micros... (by coder777)
function does not take 4 arguments

#include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include "soapDeviceBindingProxy.h" #include "DeviceBinding.nsmap" using namespace std; int main(int argc, const...
[1 reply] : What is the definition of DeviceBindingProxy::GetDeviceInformation ? ... (by MikeyBoy)
by stav
how to make an uninstaller on windows

im writing my own installer for windows and im wondering how i can let windows know what file to run in order to uninstall the installed program. so, for examp...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=Duthomhas]OP says he is writing his own installer, not using Wi... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Relative file paths not working

<code> #include <iostream> #include <fstream> int main() { srand(time(NULL)); ofstream dumpFile; dumpFile.open("test/testFileInFolder.txt");...
[7 replies] Last: Normally perror prints to stderr. http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/c... (by Thomas1965)
September 2017 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.