Beginners - August 2013 (Page 4)

Help with void functions

Hey guys, I want to preface this by saying I am trying to teach myself C++ from a textbook I bought. I am a complete beginner to programming, and this isn't fo...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! That was a really nice way to sum it up! I think I've got it n... (by kcolman)
i got error

For every selling price, it is the sum of the cost price and the amount of profit. Write a program with a VOID function to input the rate of profit, cost price ...
[3 replies] Last: also instead of declaring the selling price function you are declaring... (by giblit)
function

Function calculateCost ( float, float ) that receives the number of tiles required to tile the room and the unit price of a tile. Then calculates and returns th...
[1 reply] : Why are you posting another copy of this same question? http://www.cpl... (by Zhuge)
write a function

function TileNeeded(float, float) , that receives the area to be tiled and the size of the tile in centimeter square. Then calculate and returns the number of ...
[1 reply] : float TileNeeded(float x, float y) { return (x+y)*2 / 50; } ... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
decimal problem

am not able to get the decimal value for k..instead of '0.5. its returning me 'o' #include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main() { ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks,lb its work... (by greatcoder)
run time error

its giving runtime error..here i have to terminate the i/p by using end of file.. #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <cstdio> using namespace std...
[4 replies] Last: Why use long long here? If doing subtraction, is an unsigned type appr... (by Chervil)
by Jazpy
Cue programming challenge

This things has been kicking my ass all day: http://challenge.cueup.com/ "The password is the longest substring that is the same in reverse. As an examp...
[16 replies] Last: @Jazpy, at the end of the challenge, they'll ask you to send them your... (by Josue Molina)
2-d array problem

i can't put more i/p value after puttng jst ist input..i tried for a = 3 n b = 5..jst 1 i/p is recieve(i.e. only i loop is running 1 times) #include <io...
[2 replies] Last: "check this" http://uva.onlinejudge.org/index.php?option=com_onlinejud... (by greatcoder)
Enumeration probem

Hello again dear friends! Now i come to you with another problem... I was thinking of building a 6-operations calculator, but first of all i have to solve alow...
[12 replies] Last: understood (by fluture)
by raphth
building a database

pls i have a project to build a database using c++ but the only thing i know about c++ is the hello world program
[5 replies] Last: By the by, do you think that writing a "toy database" would be a usefu... (by andywestken)
First Simple Game

First let me say I stole the base of the code from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmNW8mCiZ9w However, I thought once I watched the video I would ...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, here is an update. I think i fix the areas you address. I original... (by jkb52088)
Changing keyboard input

Using ANSI codes how do I change a keys value? What I mean is User Input:CTRL-Y Recieved Input:6 I want to do this with many characters and I know ANSI can...
[no replies]
by err
Help with the code!!

below is the code I have the problem is the program shuts down too quick also system("Pause") doesn't work #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks (by err)
Functions (Converting Farenheight to Celsius)

Hello, CPlusPlus community. Thank you in advance for you assistance. I'm a computer science novice and am struggling heavily with the concept of arguments, retu...
[7 replies] Last: That's the c-style cast there is also static , dynamic , and other cas... (by giblit)
data structure

can anyone suggest me data structure that is stored in pair and can be accessed with O(1)?
[2 replies] Last: That's called a dictionary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associative_... (by Josue Molina)
Cicling problem-Very begginer

Hello world!! That's what i frst learned at programing. But now i have advanced a little and i have some problems so i come to you experienced programers ho...
[16 replies] Last: This problem can be broken down as follows: for i from 1000 to 9... (by Josue Molina)
API advice for game dev - new to c++

Hi all! I'm new to C++ (and this forum! :)) but I'm hoping to use it to develop a game for eventual distribution on Steam - nothing fancy, a simple thing that ...
[16 replies] Last: naraku wrote: I have no idea what you mean here, can you elaborate? ... (by IWishIKnew)
Debugging Error

Hey all, in my program I have a Parent class Employee and a class that derives from it. In the Employee parent class I have a virtual function. In my main.cpp f...
[4 replies] Last: Really moorecm? I did not know that, Thanks! :) Im still a noob when i... (by Dave2013)
by tatai
How to use the system command

I am trying to use the system() to open the command prompt. I want to copy all txt files in F:/AMBIENT/grid into one txt file. I am using the following command....
[17 replies] Last: I actually had to find this thread because you had said something abou... (by Duthomhas)
program not working propaly.help!

#include<iostream.h> #include<math.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>//is this neccesory int main() { int add,sub,answer,done; la...
[6 replies] Last: Why can't you edit it yourself? (by Josue Molina)
August 2013 Pages: 123456... 51
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.