Beginners - December 2012 (Page 12)

Ultra quick please.

Going to buy a laptop basically for programming and entertainment. The one that I have shortlisted has impressive features. the only point of concern is tha...
[4 replies] Last: Ok. Thanks. (by The Protostar)
Different c++s

I have been coding in Borland turbo c++ for two years. I have come across various c++ compilers like ver 4.0.0-8 and 4.3.2. What are these. i have to edit my B...
[3 replies] Last: If you was (and are) using Borland Turbo C++ compiler then it is logic... (by vlad from moscow)
by orly24
iostream unable to open

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int i; cout << "Please enter an integer value: "; cin >> i; cout << "The value you ente...
[11 replies] Last: tnx for d help.. :D (by orly24)
by Hala
postfix calculator

hello .. am still a bit new to c++ and am teaching myself i was trying to do a postfix calculator using a strings stack the stack alone works just fine ! this i...
[2 replies] Last: ok fixed the if statment! but i dont understand why there is an extra ... (by Hala)
2D Arrays with different types

I have a problem about 2D arrays if the values are from different type that is the question http://i49.tinypic.com/sq58nm.jpg I need to use a double & integer ...
[2 replies] Last: I do not know if I couldn't understand you or I didn't make my questio... (by Ruthless)
Pointers...

I just started on pointers and I'm quite confused on this bit of code: int a = 25; int* b = &a; cout << *b << endl; I know that it's the same as int a =...
[10 replies] Last: I would have thought that using the 'p' for pointer variables, might ... (by TheIdeasMan)
by orly24
tetris game using turbo c++

I'm a begginer at the c++ and i don't know how to make a tetris game.. can anyone of you help me..?? plss.. tnx.
[no replies]
STL forward_list iterator

STL iterators are confusing the crap out of me. How do I properly declare an STL forward_list iterator without causing a trainwreck of errors from my compiler? ...
[3 replies] Last: If it helps to think of iterators as a pointer, that's a pretty safe w... (by Disch)
by Ch1156
Need some help with classes and my project

I havent been programming for a while now and i am trying to make a tex Sim program but im stuck on the first part here, i want to make it so i can use the vari...
[9 replies] Last: What the tutorial showed you was absolutely fine. Most folks separate ... (by Raezzor)
by dunno
array in sudoku?

im doing a program for sudoku solver.. below is the code i found from a website.. I dont understand y mark and not mark ? and the mark[matrix ] means? than...
[5 replies] Last: thanks peter and samuel~~ thank you very much~ ^^ (by dunno)
Progress! Then I hit a wall :)

It's a menu. So far I'm just working on the first 2 menu options. Couple of issues: 1. option #1 - Trying to save sorted ID's to an array to then compare to id...
[5 replies] Last: Just some ideas to reorganise your code a bit better. You have a lot ... (by TheIdeasMan)
by acorn
pointer to a pointer

I understand basic pointers but im having trouble with pointers that are written like this int **test. so its basically a pointer to a pointer? can someone give...
[4 replies] Last: It's very simple. Sometimes, you may want to pass a pointer to a point... (by Nexius)
code is not working

Hi All I have built to programs, one that generates a seat of random numbers based on the user requirements. So they enter how many random numbers they would l...
[5 replies] Last: brill thanks for your help, i will give it ago (by mcoliver88)
Subscript out of range

string subscript out of range #include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; string enter(string theword) { cout<<"welcome to hangman please ...
[3 replies] Last: Hi GIjessiebear, When you have an error please post the compiler outp... (by TheIdeasMan)
How to rotate a matrix[m][m] 270 degrees!

Hi everyone,im new here in this forum and i need help from you guys. I need to write a program in C++,to create an matrix , for m=8. The values of the diag...
[3 replies] Last: Could you please just edit the code and do it ? This is not how thing... (by hamsterman)
by dcftci
derived class (INHERITACE)

hi everyone, I should create two derived classes from a common base class but I was wondering if the derived classes can have their own private variables or ...
[3 replies] Last: Class design is often not as easy as it looks, as Prashant Gupta PG ... (by TheIdeasMan)
by Veto
Trouble getting line of file

I am trying to get the first line of the file and I'm not getting any part of the file. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> #include ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You! How would i get only the second line of the file? (by Veto)
Return not returning...

Hello, My (inherited/legacy) C++ pgm doesnot return control to the calling batch file when it ends. The pgm opens a text file and parses the contents into se...
[1 reply] : Only thing I can think of is that something got added to shutdown with... (by Disch)
first time using c++

Hello at the moment I'm learning c++ and I've been working on a guessing game as practice but I need help. So far here is what i have made, but what I would li...
[3 replies] Last: Awesome, thanks for the help! (by cesar521)
Can someone run this to see if its wrong.

I'm trying to get this this switch statement to run and its not doing anything it just keeps looping whatever I put in. It doesn't execute anything inside the s...
[1 reply] : You're inputting a char, but you're treating it as an integer. The int... (by Thumper)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.