Beginners - December 2012 (Page 63)

by bbeth
arrays

Could someone please show me what I am doing wrong on this. I keep getting 2 errors "+= int differs in levels of undirection from 'const char '" and "+= illega...
[no replies]
by eddyq
CodeBlocks #define settings

In CodeBlocks, there is a menu item that says Settings. Under that there is a "Compiler and debugger" dialog. Within that there is a #define tab. I want to f...
[no replies]
by vrakas
Priority queue

Hello i want to construct a comparison to have priority queue's top according to the biggest first number on a pair(i have defined pair of integers as pii) of ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very very much :) (by vrakas)
OpenGL Animation running too fast

Hello! I have a OpenGL animation that runs at normal speed on one of my computers with Windows XP, when I run it on the other computer with Windows 7 it run...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks and next time I will use the code tags. (by DaveCas)
how can i generate randomly double numbers

1. Write a program that randomly fills a 10x4 Course array with the grades of 10 students (type double), where each column in array Course represents the grade ...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdlib/rand/ (by noisycoder)
Help with code

I don't know why is program is doing an infinite loop. After I enter the number of students it keeps asking for more students beyond the number I specified. Als...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks it doesn't keep going but how can i validate the users input wh... (by jesus segura1123)
by lypan
Why there are so many different function prototype for one function

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/istream/istream/get/ I look the reference of std:istream:get and found that there are many function prototypes. ex: public...
[1 reply] : See Overloaded functions http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/funct... (by Chervil)
Help on separating classes/functions

I'm trying to separate my program into 3 cause that's what our professor wants us to do. However, I'm having issue after issue, can I get any assistance please?...
[3 replies] Last: Shouldn't you have something like this: // Three employee objects ca... (by Chervil)
HELP W/ Video Game Program assignment.

I am in desperate need of help, I have an assignment to figure out the average of players intered into my program. The code runs but it is not showing the avera...
[1 reply] : Firstly: Use code tags Secondly: Try "moving" (not re posting) to begi... (by Script Coder)
by phil94
Menu-driven program problems

The objective for this activity was for me to create a menu-driven program using a switch statement. For some reason, though, when I prompt the user to input a ...
[3 replies] Last: @phil94 Don't worry too much about it. Pretty soon, things in your mi... (by whitenite1)
error please correct

#include(stdio.h) main() { int score; char grade; printf("please input a score\n"); scanf("%d",&score); grade=score>=90?'A'score>=60?'B':'C'); printf("%...
[3 replies] Last: The first line is wrong. should be #include <stdio.h> The condition... (by Chervil)
How to separate individual items in a string from a file of data?

Basically, i want to separate a string from a file and then input it into a new txt file. For instance, in the file i will have... Jessica McKay 45 67 78 D...
[1 reply] : Based upon the sample input data, the person may have a variable numbe... (by Chervil)
Recursive function

Can someone please explain step by step how this function below works? For example, Fibo(6); I really don't get it how it can end up with a result 8.. int F...
[1 reply] : Fibo(1) and Fibo(2) return 1, Fibo(3) returns (Fibo(2) + Fibo(1)) whic... (by hamsterman)
Errors in random word selector

Hey guys, I am getting a megaton of errors in this code segment and I cannot figure it out. I will just link the segment of code with the errors as well as the ...
[5 replies] Last: What I am trying to do with the while is compare displayword & secretw... (by BushMuffin)
can you help me with linked lists? im close, so very close to grasping it. (1,2,3,4,5)

im new to the keyword new, i got the impression there would be an easier more dynamic way of creating new nodes and linking them, while trying to create my own ...
[91 replies] Last: hey ive tried this a few times, declaring an array in a struct stru... (by devonrevenge)
by fg109
Any way to trim this down?

As part of an assignment that I have to do in class, I need to write a module that can turn a float number into a text string (ie 123.45 = "ONE HUNDRED AND TWEN...
[8 replies] Last: That worked perfectly, thank you! (by fg109)
int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[]) Not Being Declared

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv ) is not being declared when I compile need help please.
[3 replies] Last: stdafx.h is for Visual Studio. In Dev you can leave it out. (by Fransje)
hi all in need your help plz

i need the output and the memory for this code plz void f1(int a, int &b, char r) { int one; one=a; a++; b*=2; r='B'; cout<<a<<b<<r; cout<<one<<endL...
[3 replies] Last: try this: is it what you are trying to do? #include <iostream> #inc... (by noisycoder)
Problem with if else statement

Hello im new to the forums and figured I would sign up to see if anyone could help me with this problem I am having. I just started programming and am doing sel...
[4 replies] Last: Just got my internet back and would just like to say I got the problem... (by Georgerm)
help with alphabetic characters

How can I make a program where i can verify if the user input contains alphabetic characters and if the user input is a number i have to output the... here i...
[2 replies] Last: It may be easier to get the correct values if it's done this way: ... (by Chervil)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 6162636465
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.