Beginners - December 2012 (Page 64)

by jaded7
output & memory

if you need people to do your homework i think you need to reconsider your course choices
[1 reply] : @ jaded7: if you want to help, help. If you don't, don't. (by Catfish3)
by vrakas
Bitwise operators

hello i want to check if the last two bits of a number a are 1. am i going to do if(a&3==3) ? (because in binary 3 is written as 11)
[9 replies] Last: [quote=Jackson Marie]But, why? The internal representation of floati... (by Chervil)
<< overloading

I'm writing a program for complex number computations and trying to overload the ++ and <<. I'm having a problem and I really don't know if it is with << or ++....
[8 replies] Last: Hmm.. well thanks for the help! (by noisycoder)
-SDL- started getting an error for something i always use

I have always used just one file to build everything, ive had all sorts of issues with the linker in project so i have been opening empty files and just using g...
[9 replies] Last: ahh solved; i put off using headers for a bit too long, now i will bui... (by devonrevenge)
Finalizing a program

Hypothetical situation; So say I've got my program all written and ready to go. Say it's something simple like it asks the user to input a number and it multip...
[2 replies] Last: So at this point I've tried to set my solution configurations to build... (by newbieg)
by satro
number of characters in stdin buffer entered by user

Console app. User entered some characters and clicked ENTER. How to know the number of characters in stdin buffer that user entered from keyboard? I just want...
[2 replies] Last: Just use std::string. #include <iostream> #include <string> int mai... (by cire)
by jimm78
need help with robot movement

somethings gone wrong! i dont know what i did but now the robot moves to the next row when it gets out of the 79 column limit. my code, #include <iostream.h...
[3 replies] Last: someone help!!! (by jimm78)
Creating an array of ints in main()

Could someone please tell me how exactly I'm supposed to "create an array of ints? I will be given a .txt file that I will have to read with an unknown amount o...
[5 replies] Last: > array.size(), your basically finding the size of the array right. Y... (by JLBorges)
Help with a Lab C++

I have to do a lab for my intro to programming class and I was hoping you guys could help me get started? Your program should: Read the individual charact...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I actually had to use a switch statement, forgot to mention th... (by danielmtnz)
Confused with this program.

I'm getting some run time errors with this program. This is a practice program I'm working on. Problem: (Make your calculator program perform computations in a ...
[3 replies] Last: Use a pointer reference for the parameters in your function. (by Adijunn)
How to output UNICODE in c++?

Hi, I want to output chess symbols (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_symbols_in_Unicode) from unicode to console in c++, please tell me how to do that. Im u...
[4 replies] Last: In Dev C++, using wcout and _setmode(_fileno(stdout), _O_WTEXT); ... (by tayyabatiq)
array won't define

#include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; double a ; double voltage,temperature; int main() { cout << "What is...
[1 reply] : Those arrays inside of your if statements are creating a new array cal... (by firedraco)
It's me again

Hi everyone, my assignment for this week has me stumped once again. I have several questions and problems with my code that I could really use some help with. N...
[4 replies] Last: Employee CPP File // Preprocessor Directives #include "stdafx.h" ... (by dudeman007)
Writing a function assistance

I'm working a hw assignment and was hoping someone could take a look at it and tell me if I'm on the right path before I submit it. Thanks Write a function ...
[3 replies] Last: Write a function lessThan that returns a value of true when the count... (by cire)
stumped on c++ program

Write a c++ program that requests a password and verifies that it is a valid password. To be valid the password must be at least 6 characters long and con...
[14 replies] Last: Thank you SO VERY MUCH for you help :) (by nenakay)
Using Overloaded stream extraction operator Compiler Error: no match for 'operator>>' in 'std::cin >> c'

Hello, I am relatively new to programming and cannot figure out what the problem is. I get a compiler error no match for 'operator>>' in 'std::cin >> c'. ...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome I got it fixed. Thank you for your advice. (by joey3638r)
Get ip from domain - gethostbyname - Help please

Okay so ive been trying to figure this out and it is trolling me soo bad :/ I can't seem to figure it out. So ive come here to see if one of you guys can help m...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks heaps :D, its a little confusing for me because i'm just beggin... (by kingpulse)
help with calling functions using arrays

The assignment is rather easy we are given a program shell and just have to correctly call the functions. I got the program to compile but the output is not cor...
[1 reply] : the problem i am having is with the void DisplayArray(int A , int N... (by byronflds)
COMPLETE NOOB CODING AND PROGRAMMING MATERIALS

Hey ladies and guys, so just as the title states I'm like a fetus to the world of coding and programming. Currently I'm self learning from web sources and books...
[1 reply] : When first thinking of how to write a program it can be helpful to use... (by Raezzor)
array won't properly display

ok so I have a program that is supposed to randomly generate a character array, count each letter in the array, display the array, then display the count for ea...
[1 reply] : Your createArray() function only creates an array temporarily. It disa... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 62636465
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.