Beginners - January 2014 (Page 6)

by davex3
Horners method 4

{
[1 reply] : help you what?? Stop posting non-descriptive threads. explain your iss... (by mutexe)
by davex3
Horners Method 1

#include { { ...
[1 reply] : is that a question? (by Jaybob66)
problem sem work

#pragma once #include <iostream> namespace dl { using namespace std; template <typename T> class DoubleList { protected: template <typename U>...
[no replies]
Basic While loops

I'm trying to make a program in which you enter a number (n) and it prints (n-1) spaces followed by the "k" then on the next line, (n-2) spaces followed by "k" ...
[5 replies] Last: to make things easier you can use the setw function http://www.cpluspl... (by Yanson)
Undeclared Identifiers?

Hello everyone! I am making a read/write to file program that I must include the usage of classes. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work as my main function ...
[4 replies] Last: You are welcome! To be honest i do not know old C++ standard i learn... (by eyenrique)
Calling a function in main() program

How to call following function returning array into main() program and print each values of a array ? float arr(float degF) { float fC; fC = ((deg...
[1 reply] : This function does not return an array; it returns a single float. You... (by firedraco)
by qmzh85
vector as a private member

Dear all: I want to put a vector as a private member in a class. In the end is my simple test code. The code is pretty much the same as one post in this f...
[3 replies] Last: Many thanks to long double main and Zhuge, now I understand the "opera... (by qmzh85)
Help with error?

The file that this code uses looks like this: 1 1 6 11 3 3 10 16 7 10 8 9 1 16 For some reason, it reports the last integer pair (1 16) twice. This is t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much! (by ccwtree11)
Sorting nested vectors

I am solving the problem. "List all triangles with a perimeter of 15, with no repeating triangles(get rid of all permutations, basically). I have successfully s...
[3 replies] Last: OK, so I feel very, very dumb right now. I have been using the sort fu... (by heyyouyesyouiloveyou)
converting to base 64

I am trying to write a program to convert a character array in to base64. I think I'm on the right track but I'm getting stuck. Here is what I have so far. ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, I knew it was something simple. I'm still getting used to bit ... (by Dan Feerst)
How would I make a random sequence of "Scenes"

Im trying to make a small text based dungeon crawler game to were the dungeon is in parts and those parts are selected randomly from a good amount of pre made a...
[8 replies] Last: I am and its terrible because no one at my highschool wants to or can ... (by lolikilu14)
by adv100
selection sort

This is a selection sort algorithm! IT doesn't work! any suggestions? #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; void...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you! YOU ARE AWESOME! (by adv100)
by MSwart
LNK2019 Errors

Hi! I'm new to programming, and am trying to set up Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 to work with SDL libraries (I downloaded the Win32 development librarie...
[3 replies] Last: Ah.. finally figured it out... I had been trying to use the x64 versi... (by MSwart)
int to binary simplification??

Hello all, I wrote a program that converts a decimal (base 10) number to binary (base 2). It works perfectly fine, but I'm just wondering if there is a simpler...
[3 replies] Last: Or you can use the bitwise operators. x = foo & 1; // x=0 if low bi... (by Disch)
Moonglow.cpp

Here's Moonglow's format. The text file is composed of words. If a word is a number, then that is a student's score on a question, so you add it to the student'...
[5 replies] Last: Since each file contains only one name, there is no need for vector in... (by Smac89)
Namespace trouble

Hello ya'll, I hope someone can answer this, or atleast point me in the right direction. I've finished a program for my CS class and it worked perfect. Then I r...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=chickens7]By the way we get no good book learnin' in the south.... (by LB)
by adv100
for loop not looping?

this is my for loop, it doesn't loop through? It is a function that is calling other functions, why do the functions prevent the for loop from looping through a...
[3 replies] Last: You are welcome! (by eyenrique)
by Dusto
Beginners mistake

This is a completed homework assignment for which I received full credit: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { st...
[3 replies] Last: Interesting. Thanks (by Dusto)
Looping issue

My program asks for a filename and then calls this code. I have a test file that is 7 pairs of integers: 1 1, 6 11, 3 3, 10 16, 7 10, 8 9, 1 16. When I run this...
[no replies]
Help with error?

I'm getting an error on line 15. It says "'doCalculation': identifier not found". Any idea what I'm doing wrong? #ifndef CHECK_H_ #define CHECK_H_ #in...
[2 replies] Last: Many thanks :) (by ccwtree11)
January 2014 Pages: 1... 45678... 44
  Archived months: [dec2013] [feb2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.