Beginners - July 2013 (Page 4)

Generate Random Number With Specific Data Type

Hello, I'm new in c++, and I have question regarding generate random number with a really long integer. First, I tried like this : int main() { sra...
[1 reply] : 1. how to define new 224 bit integer? 2. how to generate random numbe... (by Cubbi)
Multi dimension array woes

hello guys I have been given following assignment in my textbook Write a Program that will find of two diagonals of two dimensional array A i...
[1 reply] : This address is waiting for you: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial... (by condor)
by Honor
Seperate class files, not being declared in scope?

Seperate class files, not being declared in scope? Scroll down to the bottom to see the errors. main.cpp #include <iostream> #include <string> #include...
[3 replies] Last: Here is how to use getline() => http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/str... (by BHX)
Help with templated doubly linked list assignment?!

Okay, first off like the title says this is an assignment I need to turn it in soon. My program works until line 62 in main after it has gone through the loop o...
[10 replies] Last: Nevermind I got it to work with the code like this: while(colors.si... (by jordannn15)
URGENT! Please help!

Write a program that reads a string an outputs the number of timeseach lowercase vowel appears in it. Your program must contain afunction with one of its parame...
[1 reply] : Your countVowels is weird. In the first place, it should return an int... (by ats15)
help with my program vectors and strings

i need to ask the user for some characters that can be infinitely long. then i need to validate that the string only has certain letters. this is like dna seque...
[1 reply] : See the documentation for find_first_not_of http://www.cplusplus.com/r... (by ats15)
Lab Assignment Help, Please!

Hello, I have a lab assignment do which is: Write an application where you ask the user to input the price per letter (PPL), and then ask the user to input the...
[7 replies] Last: Ok, Instructor said my code above doesn't follow the rules of not usin... (by FSUSem1nolez)
Using For Loop

Hello I'm suppose to write a program using (for loop) that asks the user to enter any amount of numbers, so that it can display the smallest and largest. My pro...
[4 replies] Last: Thank for helping, I appreciate it. (by AndrewC)
by jkevin
Programming skills

I recently started to learn C++, I am still a beginner do you guys have any concrete tips on how to improve my skills? I recently took a c++ class(introductory ...
[8 replies] Last: i cant remember if you get condemned to hell for this or not... but pi... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by ivan1
Boost graph library c++

Hi all, I am working on boost graph library but I could not get it worked. I found an example code and opened it. However, there is also some .hpp files to a...
[3 replies] Last: The procedure for library install depends on what kind of development ... (by Cubbi)
Advice in writing a function that raises a matrix to a certain power

Hello everyone, I'm having trouble with my project. I have most of the code already written but am confused as how to make a new class where it takes my matri...
[8 replies] Last: Okay great with your suggestions, I got it to compile. Thanks Andy. (by treefrog)
Pass and return a char array.

I am passing and returning a char array wrong. How do I make a function that takes in a char array, does something to it, and returns it. Here is the code I ...
[6 replies] Last: You are aware that when you use s (empty or otherwise) for a paramete... (by andywestken)
Libjpeg Turbo in C#?

How do i use Libjpeg Tubro in c#? I canĀ“t find any information at all on it.
[no replies]
run time and pc freezes

I just finished writing a short code..been sitting on it since 5 hours ago getting me all sweaty in the heat...and come run time what happens? my whole pc freez...
[9 replies] Last: where am I really going wrong...my eyes are even going a lil bit blur... (by Chervil)
display an array table

hi everyone, i took some c++ classes in the summer. now the curse is over but i never learned how to display an array table. my last exercise was a complete fai...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Albo Coder (by alex6es)
.txt file help

I am making a password protected program. The password is stored in a .txt file. How can I make it where only my program can access or read the file? Thank...
[9 replies] Last: i can't advice one or another. me too. i could be wrong. i didnt res... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Question: Incrementing Program

First things first, here's the code: #include "std_lib_facilities.h" int main(){ int a = 1; cout<<"a == "<<a<<'\n'; while (a<26){ cout<<"a"<<"...
[3 replies] Last: WOW! Great help! I'm trying to only use the tools I currently understa... (by InclinedToFall)
Working with 2d arrays

I've been coding for a little over a month now and I have decided to give 2d arrays out. One thing I am getting confused with is how to assign values to the sec...
[4 replies] Last: @gobiking Here's a small program, showing how to assign values to the... (by whitenite1)
Vector quicksort not work!! HELP!!!

Write your question here. The program can be runned successfully but quicksort seems not work. I have asked couple of people (including my professor), no one...
[3 replies] Last: THX!!!!! It's work now!!!! I will leave a negative comment at the end ... (by stupidgenius)
Quick Q: How to square numbers???

So I tried "square()" with no luck. My compiler (Dev-C++) spit it back at me like a nasty biscuit. Any ideas? -Incline
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both. (by InclinedToFall)
July 2013 Pages: 123456... 53
  Archived months: [jun2013] [aug2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.