Beginners - June 2012 (Page 3)

My program do not run properly, what I'm missing??

I have this problem to solve: Design a program that prompts a user to enter a number representing a measurement and then identify whether it is pounds(enter a ...
[3 replies] Last: I will analize your answer. Thanks you guys for your support. (by scout51)
Help with & and * (1,2)

int main () { int firstvalue, secondvalue; int * mypointer; mypointer = &firstvalue; *mypointer = 10; mypointer = &secondvalue; *mypoin...
[21 replies] Last: Well, its a link to a pdf copy of the tutorials on this site. I didn't... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Anyone read this?

I was my university library today and saw this book, so I got it. Sounded interesting. "C++ Pointers and Dynamic Memory Management" by Michael Daconta Any...
[2 replies] Last: Yea I figured I could probably find this info anywhere online, but I d... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Volume of a sphere, loop for diff radii

I am trying to write a program that will find the volume of a sphere, and prints the volume for radii from 0.0 to 4.0 in increments of 0.2. so that it reads ...
[6 replies] Last: for (double r=0.0;r<=4.0;r=r+0.2) didn't know you could do that, th... (by TheIdeasMan)
by koe
Error Message after execution

Hi, Can anyone tell me why the below error message is shown after debugging my program? Message: Unable to start program 'C:\....'. The system cannot find...
[3 replies] Last: hello koe (dutch?) please give us more information. give us you're cod... (by gelatine)
Goto keeps looping through

I am trying to get the user to enter yes(y) or no(n). If they enter neither of those, then I want it to say "guess again", and I used the goto function to do t...
[3 replies] Last: I agree with vlad. Edit: about the goto Except I hate this logic (... (by TheIdeasMan)
Source Code Problem

Hi all! I have a problem: the following code debugs and runs without problems (Dev-C++). But when I fill in the amount of numbers the user wants to know the m...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, thanks! @peter87: those lines indeed don't compile, i changed them... (by Fransje)
Binary Search Help.

I've got the logic right and the algo seems to work fine. Now, that's epic for me :D But.. I want to add 2 more features to this code: 1) Exit on pressing 'x'...
[3 replies] Last: Sid The answer to your question was the purpose of my last post: c... (by TheIdeasMan)
by sanu
Automatically ending of Program

Hi All! I made the executable file that runs without the compiler. But the program terminates automatically after the execution and can't read the output me...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks residentBiscuit (by sanu)
what it means?

Hey, what it means? const Allocator& = Allocator() Where is the variable? I know only eg const Allocator& x = Allocator() sorry for bad English
[4 replies] Last: thank you very much (by Damian666)
Counting the Characters a user inputs

Okay, I have a while loop with a for loop that waits till the user inputs one of two acceptable answers y(yes), and n(no). The loop is correct and all, but when...
[6 replies] Last: Okay, Ive got it to go through the switch statement, but my problem is... (by sunnychips)
by maroun
function can't print line from file

Hey, The line is not printed !! How can I print the next line from file ?? This is the code here Thank you void get_input(node* head) { stri...
[10 replies] Last: opppsss... :) Thank you Vlad !! (by maroun)
program compiling in Debug mode but not in Release mode

Hi all, My program compiles in Debug mode but will not compile in Release mode. I do not have a great understanding of project properties/settings etc but fr...
[5 replies] Last: And make sure you're configuring for Debug and Release, not just Debug... (by MrHutch)
Program will not debug, pair of eyes needed

Hey all, first time on here and I've got a question. I am doing an assignment where I have to make a program that has to find the average of any amount of enter...
[2 replies] Last: the value which is not initialized is cout << array[*count]<<" "; arra... (by gelatine)
by sanu
How to read line

let's say : string obj = "What is your name; age; 12"; which is stored in an array.. I want to read the element stored in obj separately using delimiter ...
[4 replies] Last: @iHutch 105 : well I am looking for just the logic (by sanu)
input string, output to a folder

Hi, ive been outputing some text files (which get written to) to the folder i compile and run main.cc from (C:\frenchcr\Main). But i need to create and open t...
[2 replies] Last: ok, if i send a directory path into main using: string Q_File = arg... (by frenchcr)
Something wrong with Map iterator...

map<int, string> mars; mars ="something1"; mars ="something2"; mars ="something123"; for (int i=500; i<ephemeris_time.size(); i++) { ...
[1 reply] : Oh Hold... It maybe some bug elsewhere in the program... Hold on... (by boscomanilow128)
Standard Template Library means...?

Dear all, I seem to know most of the things in the chapter of Standard Template Library of any introductory C++ textbook, iterators, containers, vectors, lis...
[3 replies] Last: Hmm... Ok thank you guys. (by boscomanilow128)
class classname;

I have seen in several codes in which it is written like class classname; inside a namespace. What does it means declaring a classname?
[2 replies] Last: thanks webJose!! (by hasanfaraz)
QT Platform

ok im just started to learn qt because iv gotten good enouf with C++ to move on and id like to start makeing small aplications...But i dont understand what this...
[1 reply] : Hi johnnyj2 Usually you have an IDE the allows you to develop a Qt ap... (by TheIdeasMan)
June 2012 Pages: 12345... 51
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.