Beginners - June 2012 (Page 3)

Finding the average of 20 integers from a file?

Hey guys, total C++ n00b here. I am working on assignment that has me totally stumped. I need to ope...
[5 replies] Last: No problem. You can enlarge the condition while ( InFile ) the f... (by vlad from moscow)
by kbc08
Program: finds average of numbers user inputs

Creating a program that finds that average after a user inputs any amount of numbers. The program fi...
[2 replies] Last: Check this thread if you like. I posted a similar solution. You should... (by IceThatJaw)
how to test if three char variables are equal?

if (x == y == z) { // do something } doesn't seem to work. i've printed each one out ...
[4 replies] Last: It is enough to check that one of the variables is equal to other two.... (by vlad from moscow)
Can CryENGINE code C++?

I was wondering if CryEngine can use/code C++. I got no programming experience. However I did made 2...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/74207/ Why did you make a new... (by IceThatJaw)
lvalue vs rvalue

In reading a book I picked up at the library, "C++ Pointers and Memory Management", Daconta , I cam...
[5 replies] Last: I wrote up a little on this topic at http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/... (by Cubbi)
by vegeta
Help ... What to do After

hello guys...i'm currently at video 10 from bucky's c++ tut's heres the link for he's tut's :http:/...
[4 replies] Last: no he just teach c++ basics not graphics libray...but he just started ... (by vegeta)
Implementing a finite state machine

How would you go about implementing a state machine? I've been tossing some ideas around in my head,...
[7 replies] Last: Have you tried my library? It does exactly what you're looking for. It... (by cpp for all)
My program do not run properly, what I'm missing??

I have this problem to solve: Design a program that prompts a user to enter a number representing a...
[3 replies] Last: I will analize your answer. Thanks you guys for your support. (by scout51)
Help with & and * (1,2)

int main () { int firstvalue, secondvalue; int * mypointer; mypointer = &firstvalue; ...
[21 replies] Last: Well, its a link to a pdf copy of the tutorials on this site. I didn't... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Anyone read this?

I was my university library today and saw this book, so I got it. Sounded interesting. "C++ Point...
[2 replies] Last: Yea I figured I could probably find this info anywhere online, but I d... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Volume of a sphere, loop for diff radii

I am trying to write a program that will find the volume of a sphere, and prints the volume for radi...
[6 replies] Last: for (double r=0.0;r<=4.0;r=r+0.2) didn't know you could do that, th... (by TheIdeasMan)
by koe
Error Message after execution

Hi, Can anyone tell me why the below error message is shown after debugging my program? Messag...
[3 replies] Last: hello koe (dutch?) please give us more information. give us you're cod... (by gelatine)
Goto keeps looping through

I am trying to get the user to enter yes(y) or no(n). If they enter neither of those, then I want i...
[3 replies] Last: I agree with vlad. Edit: about the goto Except I hate this logic (... (by TheIdeasMan)
Source Code Problem

Hi all! I have a problem: the following code debugs and runs without problems (Dev-C++). But when ...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, thanks! @peter87: those lines indeed don't compile, i changed them... (by Fransje)
Binary Search Help.

I've got the logic right and the algo seems to work fine. Now, that's epic for me :D But.. I want t...
[3 replies] Last: Sid The answer to your question was the purpose of my last post: c... (by TheIdeasMan)
by sanu
Automatically ending of Program

Hi All! I made the executable file that runs without the compiler. But the program terminates au...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks residentBiscuit (by sanu)
what it means?

Hey, what it means? const Allocator& = Allocator() Where is the variable? I know only eg const A...
[4 replies] Last: thank you very much (by Damian666)
Counting the Characters a user inputs

Okay, I have a while loop with a for loop that waits till the user inputs one of two acceptable answ...
[6 replies] Last: Okay, Ive got it to go through the switch statement, but my problem is... (by sunnychips)
by maroun
function can't print line from file

Hey, The line is not printed !! How can I print the next line from file ?? This is the code h...
[10 replies] Last: opppsss... :) Thank you Vlad !! (by maroun)
program compiling in Debug mode but not in Release mode

Hi all, My program compiles in Debug mode but will not compile in Release mode. I do not have a g...
[5 replies] Last: And make sure you're configuring for Debug and Release, not just Debug... (by iHutch105)
June 2012 Pages: 12345... 51
  Archived months: [may2012] [jul2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.