Beginners - May 2012 (Page 5)

problem with code for assigning flight seats

hi, im new to programming and i desperately need help, help of any sort is welcome. we were given this problem : You are the developer for taxiflite.com, a co...
[5 replies] Last: Hi, Alright, I've spent A LOT of work on making your code compile and... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
Setting pointers to NULL for 4D array

I'm currently working on a code that uses many 2-4D matrices. For example, one of my 4D matrices is initialized like this: double (*kse)[nIStats+1][nDofs-n...
[3 replies] Last: double (*kse)[nIStats+1][nDofs-nDim+1][nDim+1] = NULL; (by vlad from moscow)
Help me with c++ control technique function....

This is my question Travel Expenses Claim Write a program that calculates and displays the total travel expenses of a businessman on a trip. The program s...
[1 reply] : I think by control techniques they mean make sure that stuff like Ta... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
need help

im trying to build a text world with a movable player, i dont know what i did wrong and how to fix it. #include <iostream> #include <stdexcept> using namesp...
[1 reply] : Hey there, Could you do following things first please: 1. changed [e... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
struct in functions

Hi, I have this program it is almost done..it runs fine except for the last condition that I am not getting right. Last function BOOL SOLD OUT it does not work....
[6 replies] Last: Hi there, You can make it a bit shorter by using parenthesis for grou... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
can anyone help me to solve this problems??

#include<iostream> using namespace std; struct node { char ID ; char Position ; char TotalPages ; node *next; }; node *head; class cetak { pri...
[2 replies] Last: is that one i bold.. (by B031110034)
Graphics - Random Pixels/Shapes?!

My computer science teacher assigned a problem that requires showing random shapes and colors to the screen. This is the prompt: "Write a program that will c...
[2 replies] Last: Okay, I've made a slightly improved version: //Library Section #inclu... (by ProgramminNewby)
How to convert an int to a string?

I need to convert integers to strings. Can anyone tell me how would I go about doing this as I am very much stumped :(.
[9 replies] Last: The most funny that the MS VC++ 2010 contains a bug and if you will us... (by vlad from moscow)
having a hard time retaining any info

hello, my question is pretty simple. I have read about 3 chapters into a begginers book on c++ the name of the book is "beginning c++ through game programming...
[5 replies] Last: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyVhn0FWWB4 bin the book and enjoy. (by Zephilinox)
Programming average

Whats up everyone. I am a beginner at programming but have already learned so much. I can program on codeblocks to do all sorts of things like multiplying numbe...
[7 replies] Last: if you enter 2 numbers in a cin input, seperated by a space, only the ... (by Zephilinox)
by dorias
question regard 2d array

hi, How can if find what is the number of the rows in a 2 dimention array? Thank you, Daniel
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much!!!! you helped me a lot. (by dorias)
noob coding on minor hangman game issues?

I feel it is so close, but I am not able to get the game to work right. It prints out both winning and losing lines whether or not the player guesses a correct...
[2 replies] Last: got it! thank you so much, I know this is cheesy, but it was mostly ... (by blender)
How to show base for 8 bit hex number

I need to compare 8 bit hexadecimal numbers in a text file with those i've created. Problem is that the ones in the text file are 8 bit with the leading 0's inc...
[2 replies] Last: #include <sstream> #include <string> unsigned int hex_string_to_uint... (by JLBorges)
Weird bug I cannot catch..

http://pastebin.com/esxAR3wY This is my source code here...It is simply too big and ugly to fit in here, so I used this site.. If anyone can paste the code in...
[4 replies] Last: Zarkon, ignore this. Dynamic memory allocation is an invaluable featu... (by Catfish2)
Problem with overloading operators == and <<

Welcome I'm quite a beginner in C++, and I have problem with overloading operator == and << The only parts from my code that aren't working are overloaded...
[3 replies] Last: Don't use std::operator in your declaration, it's just operator. Also,... (by BlackSheep)
How to Use Drag and Drop

Hi I was wondering how to implement Drag and Drop. Basically I have a bunch of graphics files that I need to change the background colors to transparent. I cou...
[5 replies] Last: Hi there, Code seems to come from this thread: http://www.cplusplus.c... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by LeonD
[Edited]Why Doesn't this Work?

Hi, I'm currently studying from C++ Premier Plus, and one recent exercise I had to tackle involved modifying an existing piece of code that calculates probab...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you coder777 for clarifying it! Much appreciated :) (by LeonD)
Is it ok to use lots of goto statements?

Hi guys... i'm new to this site, and i really wanted to learn even deeper. I'm confused if how to identify a beginner or not.. But anyways, I wanted to ask if i...
[12 replies] Last: I had this teacher who uses several gotos in his/her program Be caref... (by coder777)
Number seperator

How to remove number seperator For example I have 29 400 and i need 29400
[1 reply] : Hi there, Unless I'm mistaken, having a space in there makes your var... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
How to display if user is correct or close to combination?

I've been working on Mastermind for sometime now. I've gotten teh numbers to display and move up to the next line when the first line is complete. However, I do...
[3 replies] Last: Hi there, Getting there, very good attempt, here's some corrections: ... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.