Beginners - May 2012 (Page 54)

Help understanding classes

So I just started learning classes today and here is the code I am working on. I am supposed to implement a class holding name/age pairs. Then have an input ope...
[5 replies] Last: Here is my final code which works, though I am not sure how "correct" ... (by MJP4110)
Pointer problems!

I desperately need help with the pointer in this code. Right now I have it pointing to the chronological numbers but I need it to point to the alphabetical numb...
[no replies]
Bool Function for prime number program

I am trying to get a bool function to work in my program, but in the warnings it says that what i put will always result to being true, and i'm not sure why. I'...
[9 replies] Last: Ok, I finally understand the logic behind what I did to find the prime... (by sammythesp3rmy)
by xsemel
random number with vectors

im trying to make a vector of random numbers, but this isnt working void make_vec(vector <int> list, int l) { for (int i=0; i < l; i++) { int hold =...
[2 replies] Last: you are a beautiful person. I've been forgetting to pass vectors by re... (by xsemel)
The Fibonacci Series?

I am having some problems with my assignment this week and was wondering what my assignment is asking me to do with two functions? I understand how the first pa...
[1 reply] : Well I would assume you're supposed to Write two functions to calculat... (by paulthepenguin)
Help with classes? (1,2)

Having some trouble with my first attempt at classes. Write a C++ definition for an abstract data type describing a book store inventory. Each boo has the foll...
[25 replies] Last: Thanks for all of your help. I ended up figuring it out: .h file: #... (by Algar32)
How to fetch information from textBox in MessageBox

Hi, I am playing with the c++ windows application forms and what i am trying to accomplish is this: private: System::Void button1_Click(System::Object^ send...
[9 replies] Last: Your code is C++/CLI, not C++. Yes, they are different. Yes, they ca... (by webJose)
File operations

I've heard that some file operations break past 2 GB. Why is this, and is there any way to avoid it? Does this apply to ifstream and ofstream?
[1 reply] : I don't know if any file operations break past 2 GB via the STL, but i... (by webJose)
Debug Problem? PLEASE HELP

ddd
[10 replies] Last: Your loop at line 70 definitely needs to change, the other posters in... (by thaulotte)
Help with a sorting function

Alright, so I was asked to write a program that will ask the user for ten (10) numbers, and store the data in an array. Use the Bubble Sort (as a function) to ...
[1 reply] : Hmmm... well there's two glaring errors in this code, (1) line 67, th... (by slicedpan)
Dynamically Getting File Names

I am trying to write a program that dynamically gets the file names of certain files in the current directory that follow a certain format. I am trying the foll...
[2 replies] Last: system(const char*) only returns an integer, where 0 indicates success... (by slicedpan)
Incorrect values are being stored for Vector3d

I'm getting incorrect values stored into my Vector3D. In the program it asks for the original value and I'm getting a long -4.3423432523....... number even thou...
[7 replies] Last: I really do appreciate the help. I've got it figure out now. Thanks a ... (by thechad90000)
Beginner Questions

Hi, I am a complete beginner in C++ and I have been recently been learning C++ in Xcode. I have 2 questions that seem to be confusing me; 1. I have created a ...
[no replies]
help plz :()

hello guys i want to ask one guestion can i use mouse in XO game in c++ ?
[1 reply] : You need the OS's API for such a thing. I'd recommend that you move th... (by closed account zb0S216C)
i need help with a program

Technical Problem 4 Given the following: If a football is kicked from ground level with an initial velocity v0 at an initial angle of θ0, then (neglecting d...
[3 replies] Last: Nevermind, just figured out it's supposed to be gravity (by beachgurl84)
Directory & file related ... things?

Hello, First I'm new to the forums, so hello to everyone present. Then to the questions- I'm in a bit of a trouble, because I'm trying to make a function in ...
[no replies]
C++ program - how to run

I teach a social studies class and one of my students created a video game for a project. The file is a C++ files. What kind of program do I need to run it o...
[3 replies] Last: Compilation depends on a few things: 1) Which compiler did the studen... (by closed account zb0S216C)
String Token C++ nooby

Trying to concat a string and get the first word out of it. I am from JAVA background but now trying to learn c++. Here is what I have written so far. Of cour...
[no replies]
High Low Card Game Question

Hi everyone, This is my first post. This is homework for an intro c++ class that I'm taking. I have to write a high low card game and I'm stuck. I can't figure...
[6 replies] Last: there are several ways to do this. you could make your own operator. ... (by ui uiho)
Problem with a filewrite

I have a program thats not working too well. It keeps in giving me an error. #include <stdlib> #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace st...
[11 replies] Last: Bingo! :) No problem dude - glad I could help. (by Kazekan)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 5253545556... 59
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.