Beginners - November 2012 (Page 73)

by KDF
new to C++.. a lot of errors on programs

I am 100% new to C++. taking it for a class in college, and we were given some homework assignments to do.. mind you i am not familair at all with unique ter...
[4 replies] Last: yes it was an older book, and the .h always confused me but now i was ... (by KDF)
Histogram, almost done!

For this project I basically allowed the user to input how many times they wanted to roll two dice, put the dice rolls into an array, and displayed how many tim...
[2 replies] Last: Works great, I tried going about it that way earlier but didn't includ... (by lauraw487)
Simple equation help

I am putting this post in the beginners section, because this is basic algebra and I fell stupid for not being able to solve this. Situation: An algorithm back...
[16 replies] Last: @LB sure, that must have been it. No, actually I thought of a solut... (by IWishIKnew)
General C++ Programming

Sometimes when I look through my book, that I use to help me, I get a bit annoyed that some things that I want to learn are not there. Inevitably, i start writi...
[5 replies] Last: its all ive been doing recently, i might relearn buckies tutorials, bu... (by devonrevenge)
Function findMax and findMin

How can one create an array of two functions which accepts integer array along with its size as two input variables, and return maximum or minimum respectively,...
[9 replies] Last: Vlad u have saved my life thanks so much!! (by princesslumy)
Application NOT run outside C++ Project Folder

Hello All, First I would like to mention here that I'm really beginner into C++. My goal was to build un application based on two forms; something simple: Whe...
[1 reply] : This is a C++ forum, you are using C++/CLI (a completely different lan... (by LB)
RUNTIME ERROR IN FUNCTION OVERLOADING

The below given code has a runtime error. 1: To overload the function i change the data-type of parameter a in second function.But it is not working 2: If i c...
[5 replies] Last: thank you very much (by shahbazsaleem)
Help with asking user to input numbers?

Just to be clear, I chose Computer Programming as a minor, because I thought it would be interesting. Turns out I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing, and I ...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry to hear about your situation but I agree with SamuelAdams, stay ... (by Longazan)
a girl is stuck trying to create parts inventory

thanks melissa
[8 replies] Last: @ ResidentBiscuit : I laughed :) Wazzak (by closed account zb0S216C)
Member Variable with Limited Scope

Hello all, I've got a beginner question about object orientation in c++... Let's say I have two interfaces, foo.h and bar.h class foo { public: ...
[5 replies] Last: No, not really. Though I don't really see why you'd have the need f... (by Disch)
by Nausea
Box collision with changing Box size

Hi there! I have a real big problem solving how I can make sure my sprite does not get stuck when it runs into a wall and during the animation the sprites co...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply. Well this "game" (which isn't really a game, jus... (by Nausea)
Codeline Help....

Write down C statements to perform the following operations. Take x, y and z from the user: z = 4.2(x+y)5/z – 0.52x/(y+z) / (x+y) #include <iostream.h> ...
[3 replies] Last: include ; at the end of line 6 edit Im sure your are learning C++ o... (by vichu8888)
Eliminating text

When I run a program and I get all my text up, is there a way to press a button and delete all the text and then make some more text come up? thanks.
[2 replies] Last: Yes. But I don't want to close the whole application, I just want all ... (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Box Dimensions

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { float A, G, V, Q; const float SENTINEL = Q; //type Q to cease the loop float l...
[1 reply] : 1. Please use code tags. See http://cplusplus.com/articles/z13hAqkS/... (by webJose)
ENUMERATIONS

I know what enumerations are but I don't really understand how to use them or what I could do with them. Could anyone give me an explanation of what they ar...
[4 replies] Last: @ Peter87 : I omitted the overload for simplicity. I assumed Hazique3... (by closed account zb0S216C)
printf statement

can anyone please help me to figure out the 10 tokens present in a following c statement??? printf("i = %d, &i = %x", i, &i);
[6 replies] Last: I'd parse that. Yeah, that's right. (by AbstractionAnon)
for loop

hi I reed that code in some where: int arr = {3,4,5,32,4,2,4,5,2,5,3}; for(int i = 0; arr ; i++) { //some statements } what is the meaning o...
[2 replies] Last: Any scalar expression in a condition explicitly converted to the bool ... (by vlad from moscow)
Looping to search object

here is my current code #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; template< class T > class Set{ private: T *type; int size; i...
[1 reply] : erm . i feel that template class is hard for people isn't? . haha.. (by BasicNewbie)
how would you call member functions in a function

im trying to use a function in main that calls a specific object to perform its function, just i dont know how to get the object name into scope
[3 replies] Last: It is no matter. But in any case if you are going to call non-static c... (by vlad from moscow)
linear search

hi I have a problem in this code void l_search() { int item,i; int arr = {2,3,4,5,6,2,3,44,5,3,5,3,4,7,8,99,6,5,7,56,5,66,44,34,23,11,32,54,66...
[5 replies] Last: @vlad & @Chervil thanks alot ^_^ (by Sarah93)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 7172737475
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.