Beginners - November 2012 (Page 73)

write two integers adjacently

Hey if i had integers of 1 and 6 how could i write them as 16?
[1 reply] : either use a string or if you just want the displayed you could just w... (by codeman)
by smrt
Bad ptr error and dynamic memory allocation.

I thought I understood pointers. I really did. My code so far is designed to read a text file in...
[no replies]
Graphics in C++

Hi, I am using Dev C++ and noticed there is Open GL available for graphics as well as on windows ...
[no replies]
How can I define what I want to read from the file?

So how can I define what I want to get from a file? I was hoping for something like: #include...
[1 reply] : What is ctr? And won't 1!=2 always be true? Also, cin is itself a str... (by dawtsf1187)
Storing Fractions in an Array

I am currently working on an assignment using classes with fractions. I am almost finished but the l...
[no replies]
Character Pointer

I'm not a complete beginner, but this question is trivial so it seemed appropriate to have it here. ...
[2 replies] Last: I received the error "StringFromInt" is undefined; I haven't worked wi... (by jim hurley)
by DanF22
functions

hi guys in my class we are getting to other functions besides int main. how can i create an 1) input...
[1 reply] : In user define functions there must be a returning value if return dat... (by shahbazsaleem)
palindrome function won't run properly

I have a function that i've got to write as part of a program. The function is designed to check and...
[6 replies] Last: that was why I was trying to use double instead of integer, so that w... (by jlmckelvey91)
No match for operator in 'std::cin <<input1' Won't compile.

Help guys, got this due in a couple hours and it is driving me nuts. I can't figure out the problem....
[3 replies] Last: Still having issues with /shift2/Debug/../shift_2.cpp:26: undefined ... (by guestgulkan)
Intro/ Program freezes during function call

Hello, i'm just getting started into C++ programming and during the course of learning have repea...
[3 replies] Last: Next time this happens, run your code using a debugger and interrupt i... (by Moschops)
Code Validation Problems

Hey everyone, I'm working on a homework problem for my computer science class, and I'm running in...
[12 replies] Last: Awesome! The code works beautifully! Thanks again! (by zeta4321)
what does 'undefined reference to class::class(int)' mean (where class is the class name))'

this is the error im getting but the question ive asked to work out the problem is on another thread...
[1 reply] : It means that class 'class' has no the definition of the constructor c... (by vlad from moscow)
Help on program regarding uppercase/lowercase

Hello, I'm working on a program that is supposed to: Convert uppercase characters to lowercase, and...
[1 reply] : Note: I realize I included <string> in my program. I don't think I nee... (by BloodMoney)
by KDF
new to C++.. a lot of errors on programs

I am 100% new to C++. taking it for a class in college, and we were given some homework assignments ...
[4 replies] Last: yes it was an older book, and the .h always confused me but now i was ... (by KDF)
Histogram, almost done!

For this project I basically allowed the user to input how many times they wanted to roll two dice, ...
[2 replies] Last: Works great, I tried going about it that way earlier but didn't includ... (by lauraw487)
Simple equation help

I am putting this post in the beginners section, because this is basic algebra and I fell stupid for...
[16 replies] Last: @LB sure, that must have been it. No, actually I thought of a solut... (by IWishIKnew)
General C++ Programming

Sometimes when I look through my book, that I use to help me, I get a bit annoyed that some things t...
[5 replies] Last: its all ive been doing recently, i might relearn buckies tutorials, bu... (by devonrevenge)
Function findMax and findMin

How can one create an array of two functions which accepts integer array along with its size as two ...
[9 replies] Last: Vlad u have saved my life thanks so much!! (by princesslumy)
Application NOT run outside C++ Project Folder

Hello All, First I would like to mention here that I'm really beginner into C++. My goal was to bu...
[1 reply] : This is a C++ forum, you are using C++/CLI (a completely different lan... (by LB)
RUNTIME ERROR IN FUNCTION OVERLOADING

The below given code has a runtime error. 1: To overload the function i change the data-type of par...
[5 replies] Last: thank you very much (by shahbazsaleem)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 71727374
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.