Beginners - November 2013 (Page 3)

by mas12
could anyone help me???

Iam using visual studio 2010 and iam trying to use pow but it doesn't work it is keeping say >>> 1 IntelliSense: more than one instance of overloaded function ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks A lot.... (by mas12)
by h4ever
error int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

Can you help me to remove this error? objects (1).cpp(11): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int #inc...
[2 replies] Last: ty (by h4ever)
Linked List length function

For a school project, I have to implement a forward-linked list, and the code I am using for the length() function works by traversing the entire list until t...
[3 replies] Last: Well, in a turn of events that confuses me as much as anyone, outsourc... (by Killerbee13)
by enemy
Error: variable or array declared void???

Hello! I have this program to generate a 2DD array: #include<iostream> #include<stdlib.h> using namespace std; int main(){ srand (time(NULL)); i...
[6 replies] Last: it means that the function doesn't return anything, that's why cout ... (by chipp)
Sorting and Search Binary String

solved
[2 replies] Last: Any suggestions? I am trying to make it so I can just search the first... (by canucksfan1)
"statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function"

I am getting the error "statement cannot resolve address of overloaded function" for the shapes ->print line, not sure what I am doign wrong for (unsigne...
[1 reply] : it should probably be shapes ->print(); but idk what shapes is (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
String Array Error

When I compile this code I am unable to enter a list of students' names, which I need to do. There are supposed to be two arrays, one with students' names and o...
[2 replies] Last: A couple of things: [code firstline=9]int scores , i, sum = 0, averag... (by long double main)
I need help?

Hi, i'm new to the forum but i need some help. Here is the code i have #include <iostream> using namespace std; char board ; void showboard (); ...
[2 replies] Last: Yep! That worked great, thank you for your help! (by lovestoprogram)
struct syntax in .h

I'm looking through some somewhat complex code and trying to understand what's happening. I see some syntax inside of a struct that I don't understand. In t...
[6 replies] Last: > When using a member initializer list, the definition of the variable... (by JLBorges)
how to call a function with an array in the signature

My question is how do I call this function in my main()? I don't need to pass the function any information at first, I just need the board to be printed as is, ...
[6 replies] Last: To use COLS in your function, you need to do one of two things. Either... (by lunafly)
delete operator in Dynamic Memory

I know when using Dynamic memory I should use the delete operator to de-allocate memory after using the new operator. Using the method MSDN gives to check for m...
[1 reply] : You do not want to delete the array, which you did not allocate with n... (by LB)
Arrays: True or False. Checking each character array

I have a list of answers that will consist either of T (true) F(false0). I have written a function which has parameters of an array type variable. So here, this...
[3 replies] Last: Lol, I realized that too right now, so I would keep that in my mind to... (by fahmankhan75)
Positive Decimal to Binary

So I am trying to make a recursion function, to convert a positive decimal to binary but I seem to be having problems. For the output the binary isn't displayed...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks everyone I took the recommendations and suggestions the program... (by canucksfan1)
Question about making a .h file for my assignment

So I have code that is a clock basically. In all of our assignments we need to name it pass(1-8).cpp This one is pass8.cpp. Part of the directions include this ...
[2 replies] Last: But what about the main.cpp that he wants? (by jkelly18)
Need help understanding this assingment

Not asking anyone to make a code here. I'm not sure how to approach this problem. I would not see my professor for a whole week so I wanted to get a head start ...
[4 replies] Last: I understand that completely, as i'm trying to learn it by myself. Lol... (by fahmankhan75)
by amj89b
Help with an error learning arrays for a c++ class

I am doing this for a class project. We are supposed to open a data file p6.dat and read the data which includes 15 scores (3 tests, 5 students). I am getting a...
[3 replies] Last: Use before your code, and [/code ] after your code. (Leave the trail... (by dacheeba)
Convertin String to uppper case

Earlier I converted character strings to all uppercase letters. Now i'm trying to do string variable to upper case. May I know what is wrong with my code? I'm ...
[10 replies] Last: To be fair, Boost's solutions are the most comprehensive using the Bo... (by Duthomhas)
by Rahmat
race !!!!

hi every body, this is simple racing game.but every time shows one result(you lose). how can i fix it ? #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #includ...
[1 reply] : We don't play the "find the bug" game on this forum. What's the error ... (by yulingo)
by fleet
College Assignment Help

Hi all, I have a college assignment which I feel I may need some pointers on as things are not running smoothly. Any help would be appreciated. Here is what th...
[2 replies] Last: Edevan, Thank you so much for your help. This has been a big help. You... (by fleet)
"choice" undeclared(first use this function)

Write your question here. I keep getting "choice" undeclared(first use this function)for line 28.. please tell me what the problem is #include <cstdlib> ...
[1 reply] : Line 27 is your problem coice isn't choice (by mobotus)
November 2013 Pages: 12345... 80
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.