Beginners - November 2013 (Page 5)

by tatai
adding data from multiple files

I have some data in 10 different files. col1 of each file contains ID. Same ID may be in 2 or more files. Now I have to add the data in all 10 files based on ID...
[6 replies] Last: by reading the links in Chervil's post. (by mutexe)
is this correct usage for a smart_ptr

I was wondering if the following code is correct. void ofxDGlobalTangibleList::addTangible(ofxDTangibleBase *t) { shared_ptr<ofxDTangibleBase...
[no replies]
an interesting phenomenon about "cout", could anyone tell me why?

Let's see the code first. struct box { int a; }; const int shishi(int *); const box & hey(box &); int main() { int hello = 3; cout << shishi...
[3 replies] Last: It's not about cout, it's about expression evaluation. 1. The order i... (by Cubbi)
encrypt/decrypt

how to make • The application should allow to input some plain text • The application should implement a type of encryption algorithms • The user shoul...
[1 reply] : what have you got so far? (by mutexe)
Why assign const reference to non-const variable can't be displayed.

in main function, r can be displayed by cout, and when as a parameter assigned to const double &x, it just can't be displayed. only when type matched works. ...
[6 replies] Last: and I finally find the problem, because ref is a class name or somethi... (by q1670741824)
by nir2
bulls and cows algorithm

hello people... i've been asked to make a program of the game "bulls and cows". before you shout at me, i know there is a lot of stuff in the net but i got co...
[3 replies] Last: The algorithms you saw online were probably for using numerals 0-9, wh... (by Mats)
by RabMac
Question about member functions

Hi, I am trying to learn about classes and have been rewritting some of my old programs but instead of using functions, I have started to use classes. Bel...
[5 replies] Last: I tend to use the member variable directly. (by mutexe)
Prime with arrays please help!

Hello I,ve written this program that can calculate any Mersenne number. The problem is that when I run it and tell it to calculate M6972593 it takes way too lo...
[2 replies] Last: Or as an alternative to const double ten_pow = pow(10, 18); maybe ... (by Chervil)
sscanf *.unv file

Hallo, ich habe ein Problem. Und zwar will ich ein .unv file einlesen in C++ mit sscanf. Das geht auch soweit gut. Aber nun befindet sich im .unv file ein ...
[1 reply] : Leider weiß ich nicht, wie genau diese getrennt sind, ob mit tab ode... (by coder777)
fstream: changing only certain values

I have been making a program that will help me a bit with my game development diploma. I have been writing a small console program where you can edit the stats ...
[1 reply] : This is the wrong way to ask for help. A wall of text containing noth... (by Catfish666)
by KamKan
WARNINGS.. don't ignore.

warning C4102: 'pass' : unreferenced warning C4101: 'choice_by' : unreferenced local variable warning C4101: 'input' : unreferenced local variable what's...
[1 reply] : Unreferenced means not used. You declare some variables, reserve space... (by JockX)
by Vilja
TheNewBoston or CodingMadeEasy?

Hello! I've just started learning C++, and I'm looking for a complete series of tutorial videos which teach C++. I've searched YouTube and narrowed the resul...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry for the delayed response. Watch the playlist "C++ Made Easy HD".... (by CodingMadeEasy)
calculate determinte

i wrot this program to calculate determinte of matrix(n*n).plz tell me my mistake and how can i fix them? #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[3 replies] Last: @ mancool1112 Why not? Why did you bother posting if you aren't going... (by Duthomhas)
by Ala888
Help with WinMain()

Hello, I need to use WinMain() instead of main in order to utilize SW_HIDE function that it offers so I dont have to see a flashing console every time I start u...
[6 replies] Last: actually its an updater for a game im making, and I just need it to ru... (by Ala888)
by KamKan
Grocery Program, deleting & searching records and password inputting.

I am creating a grocery list program for buyer and seller. i don't know how to search and delete records when you're a seller. and the program won't let the sel...
[6 replies] Last: @mobotus your code runs, but it doesn't do the delItem(); function and... (by KamKan)
what's the undeclared identifier here?

I am writing a simple for loop on my Mac with Xcode, and I've seem to run into the problem of (of course, very noobish probably) an undeclared identifier. Could...
[2 replies] Last: OH right! I completely overlooked the fact that I didn't represent wha... (by nathanward4739)
by Bamaut
Basic structure question

Hey guys, brand new poster here. So I was assigned to create a .h file containing the structure definition for a student to be used with code my professor prov...
[8 replies] Last: struct address { char street ; char city ;// added city member cha... (by naraku9333)
Question about switch statement

Hello! I am new to c++ programing. I made the following code and the compiler replied that "error: switch quantity not an integer". Can anyone please help to id...
[4 replies] Last: If you were going to do it that way, wouldn't you need 26 variables to... (by Garion)
Need help with my C++ code

I can't figure out what is wrong with my code at case 3. I have posted the output I'm getting below when I choose option 3 from the menu I created. ...
[2 replies] Last: What are you trying to do on line 12? My guess is that Popnum is not c... (by ats15)
Array program

I have been working on this program as homework and cannot figure out why it will not execute. Any help would be much appreciated. #include <iostre...
[1 reply] : No function prototype for getLowestGrade Prototype: int getLowest... (by mobotus)
November 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 80
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.