Beginners - October 2012 (Page 5)

strings and chars

Hey, Ive been trying to work on this problem for at least a couple hours but still am not sure how t...
[5 replies] Last: I would try a simple loop that adds each character to a string until i... (by IWishIKnew)
count words with vectors

I am writing a program that can count words, here is my code so far, but every time i run it, there ...
[2 replies] Last: Why do we shall guess what is the error?! (by vlad from moscow)
by nahla
How is max3() using global variables in a bad way?

How is max3() using global variables in a bad way? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using ...
[1 reply] : First of all I do not see where i, j, and k are declared in your progr... (by vlad from moscow)
Returning pointer from functions

Source from http://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_return_pointer_from_functions.htm *********...
[1 reply] : Doing getRandom(); will show the memory address and *getRandom(); ... (by Callum5042)
DLL Files

If I have a .lib file and a .h file, how do I create the .dll file? Tutorials would be appreciate...
[no replies]
by rossig
beginning with RegEx expession

Hi everyone, I want to find a text pattern using regular expresion. I am using the regex library. T...
[2 replies] Last: This the output error into the terminal: terminate called after throw... (by rossig)
Braces and such

Hello, I have a test coming up and my teacher is tricky guy he likes to make sure we know about bra...
[4 replies] Last: It helps if it's formatted. How to use tags http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by andywestken)
value of pi

Hi, Is there a function in C++ library that tells us the value of pi
[6 replies] Last: When I did my very first programming course, it was suggested to use ... (by Chervil)
having trouble tracking down a particular C++ error

Hello! This will probably be a very simple error, but I can't find it to save my life. The error ...
[6 replies] Last: Works for me. Thanks again. (by mistabob)
by nahla
Help 'reading' some code.

Here is some code, I was wondering if someone could explicitly describe what is going on throughout ...
[1 reply] : Such as what do a and b refer to in the first, second, and third cal... (by Moschops)
by timi96
thousands of likes for this site.

This site helpes me a lot. Thanks
[no replies]
Please Help Void function

//Chapter 5 Review 4 //Aurora Van De Water #include <iostream> using namespace std; void Spa...
[3 replies] Last: use if instead of while (by Darkmaster)
Comparing Two Files (Bowling Scores)

I am trying to make a program that compares the scores of two bowling groups. In bowling1.dat there ...
[1 reply] : bowling1>>value; bowling2>>value; You're reading from each fil... (by AbstractionAnon)
What is a reference?

What exactly is a reference? What does it consist of? Contains it an address, just like a pointer?
[3 replies] Last: OK, thanks. (by Fransje)
Troubles with Class Definition project

I'm learning to define classes. My first class program is not working. It's a simple program, just l...
[2 replies] Last: Peter87, That fixes it!! Thanks a lot. Now I just have to debug the re... (by zimbabweo)
fstream issues, please help?

So I'm having some fstream issues, not sure what I am doing wrong. In my program I have it save the ...
[10 replies] Last: yeah I figured that part out... I actually had a dream last night and ... (by noylekul)
Introducing myself - A beginner, beginning. (1,2)

Hi everyone. I thought it polite to introduce myself, before making posts. I couldn't find an "in...
[27 replies] Last: kay, sry (by devonrevenge)
I have been stuck on pdcurses for a week.

This may be challenging. I really, really need help on how to use pdcurses. I don't mean help w...
[no replies]
College Lesson Trouble With Count/Sentinel Control Loops

Hi, This is my first post here and I am in need with some help(might need a lot) with a lesson my...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, after doing some more work I have made my program read and write t... (by commiedic)
HELP PLEASE!!!!!

#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> #include <sstre...
[1 reply] : //******************************************************************... (by scu1casper)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.