Beginners - October 2012 (Page 5)

I have been stuck on pdcurses for a week.

This may be challenging. I really, really need help on how to use pdcurses. I don't mean help with the code, but help with how to set it up on an IDE. I ca...
[no replies]
College Lesson Trouble With Count/Sentinel Control Loops

Hi, This is my first post here and I am in need with some help(might need a lot) with a lesson my professor has given me to help me understand loops. Here ...
[4 replies] Last: Ok, after doing some more work I have made my program read and write t... (by commiedic)
HELP PLEASE!!!!!

#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> #include <sstream> #include <string> using namespace std; // struct de...
[1 reply] : //******************************************************************... (by scu1casper)
Hi i m new here want some help in mini project

I know its not a good idea to tell other to complete project for u but i m beginner to c programming and from my college i got a project to make a simple mini...
[1 reply] : Even if someone wanted to help, you haven't told them what the program... (by SamuelAdams)
Help my friends...

Water companies to charge customers based on the amount of water usage according to the table below: Total consumption (m3) Bill. 0-100 200.000, - 101-300 U ...
[1 reply] : No can do. We are not a homework service, much less one for free. (by webJose)
Sequential search in 1D-array

Hello everyone it's nice to meet you all this is my first time posting on here. I'm having a little trouble with developing a c++ code. Basically I have to mak...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for responding. I did what you said, but I ran into a couple of... (by ampad20)
counting operations

I'm trying to figure out how in the example they came up with how they added the bitops mults and adds double sqrt(int x) { double tol = (double)x*1.e-1...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry I should have clarified that this was a function outside of main... (by FireNutz)
Plz Help with C (Do - While) Loop to find largest number

Hi, I'm having some trouble with trying to get the largest number in my do - while loop...not sure if this is the way to go...anyway this is what I have done so...
[4 replies] Last: So, you really didn't want another loop to begin with. printf( "Ente... (by cire)
am stuck akk by myself

I expected the program below to loop only three times printing "try again" on the third time to print " blocked" I just don see what i did wrong. please help ...
[4 replies] Last: That will loop 10 times...... What are you trying to do? Also, you a... (by IWishIKnew)
What is missing?

I want to convert this into C code int a=1, b=2; cout<<” a is greater than b”<< a>b; cout<<”a is less than b”<< a<b; cout<<” a is equal to b”<<...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, so mark it as solved. Don't forget the code tags for next time :)... (by TheIdeasMan)
Classes and Member Functions

Hello! As someone very new using C++, I'm having difficulty with object programming. Can someone help me with the program instructions below? [Member func...
[1 reply] : How do you want me to help you? I don't see a question or problem you'... (by Zhuge)
Using 2 main @_@

This is the question: Given the temperature conversion formulas from Celsius scale to other scales are as follows: reamur : 4/5*celcius fahrenheit : 9/5*ce...
[7 replies] Last: How to use functions: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/functions/ (by Chervil)
by Howlz
Explain the maths behind this question.

This is the question: the function 1/(1-x) can be expanded infinitely in the form 1 + x + x^2 + x^3 + x^4 + .... If the number of terms are truncated th...
[2 replies] Last: Start with the bits that are simple: Write a program that asks for: ... (by Chervil)
How to delete character from string?

I am only a few weeks into my course, and we only covered strings and loops so far. No advanced concepts please. Here is the method I have so far. The user in...
[15 replies] Last: Well, the thing which is missing from the above code is somewhere to p... (by Chervil)
map with char*

Hello everybody, I am having a problem and I am not sure why. I want a map with char strings and whenever we try to add the same string the map should delete t...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you very much! The problem has been solved. (by zanklob)
Help!

For the sake of it, I am just going to post my whole program so far. My question is I keep getting an error that says error C2143: syntax error : missing '...
[1 reply] : for( int i = 1;) it is obvious that the statement has incorrect synta... (by vlad from moscow)
Input changes and cin

Hey people, got a question to ask regarding to user input with cin. Below is a simple input code that reads and prints out. int main(int argc, const char * ...
[2 replies] Last: If that's the case, then I shall try doing it on VS2010. Currently wor... (by nixer526)
write int followed by char

Hey, I am trying to write a string called pathSegment using an int(pathNumber) followed by a char(pathLetter) For example, if pathNumber is 12 and pathLetter i...
[1 reply] : That's because pathNumber << pathLetter does a bitwise left shift on p... (by Zhuge)
Help with file input, finding lowest value

I am struggling in this class and I am stumped on this problem trying to find the lowest value of the data file. I have added the GetLeast function and called i...
[2 replies] Last: int getLeast(ifstream & in) { int value ; int lowest ; i... (by cire)
Help me to solve my assignment

Create a program to ask for the number of sales per store and display barchart report in the form of the sale. For example: Sales Report -------------------...
[8 replies] Last: sorry for my long reply ahhh, i get it, thank you ^^ (by marvin77)
October 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.