Beginners - October 2013 (Page 83)

by dp13
Function syntax

Hi everyone, the training scars from learning with VB are kicking in. What is wrong with my function call/syntax? I tried using a ref variable and it jus...
[8 replies] Last: eyenrique you've helped me a ton, thanks! I wasn't talking about you, ... (by dp13)
Separating main into different functions

I need help separating some of the functions from main and making them their own independent functions. Any help is appreciated. #include <iostream> #i...
[1 reply] : Have you mapped out in your head or on paper what functions you will n... (by LB)
Need help with the GPA calculator...

For instance, grade scale is: A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0; and you have three classes need to add up and calculate the GPA, which the grades are: one, tw...
[3 replies] Last: no one has any opinion ? (by americanxo)
finding greatest and largest number of random set of integers

i am writing a program for class that prompts the user for a positive integer, then will end when the user enters 0. you cant use negative integers. it then ask...
[1 reply] : 1.-If num is not 0 and is not less than 0, Then, its greater than 0 -... (by eyenrique)
Simple Hangman game - guess checking not working

I am trying to create a simple hangman game with the word "ROBOT". I'm still an early beginner, so I am trying to hardcode it. The problem that I am running int...
[1 reply] : your problem is your hardcoding it. what you want is to have a list a ... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Using a function of a child class

So today I started playing around with polymorphism and I am making a pretty basic game using the principles of it. I have 5 different obstacles that inherit f...
[3 replies] Last: The majority of the stuff that each obstacle inherits is the same thou... (by Muckytears)
How to use getVariable in class

I need to output the information I got from the file back to a new file. But I am having understanding how to use the get command. ex. song .getLast(); I am ...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you! (by eman2013)
Help with program for odd numbers

Hello, i searched the forums but couldn't find my answer. I have a code already made that finds the cube of all numbers from 0-30. I was given the code and to...
[6 replies] Last: Got it, thanks guys! Also my internet lagged so i apologies that i rep... (by ashmedai)
Need Help with my assignment

Hello, I am writing a code to create a hotel bill, I am no stuck and it wont work. here is my assignment: Write a program that calculates the bill for gue...
[1 reply] : line 6: room is declared int but, line 19: comparing room to char line... (by BitRat)
Strange errors (1,2,3)

I'm getting some strange errors here that I don't quite understand. Here's the errors: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Search:...
[42 replies] Last: yes sorry nullptr is the c++ standard not NULL. And yeah there are muc... (by giblit)
handle arrays from object

hello everybody i'm wondering why doesn't this work. i just create an array in class declaration, and try to assign values to it in the object constructor... ...
[4 replies] Last: i believe you can't initialize the array in the class declaration you ... (by Jorys22)
maximum and minimum values

i have an assignment ,could anyone help me please? the question is write a program in C to determine the maximum and minimum values that can be stored in the...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/climits/ (by Danny Toledo)
template

I need to divide the random number by 10,000 when it runs as doublearray. Can someone point me in the right direction? #include<iostream> #include<iomani...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you! (by eman2013)
flow chart

Q. it is required to compute the area of a triagle. the sides of the triangle are to be read in trough the keyboard by the user. write the pseudo code algorithm...
[3 replies] Last: Hint: https://db.tt/ifhIXimL (by Josue Molina)
Implementing a class to simulate a disk drive?

So this is my code so far and I don't remember how to make my class constructors or any of it. Can someone help? #include <iostream> #include <fstream> ...
[3 replies] Last: If you think you've posted in the wrong forum, you can always choose "... (by LB)
Please help me get started!

Hello people, Sooo in the last year i have learn a bit of javascript,html and css. When i finished learning javascript i thought that the really cool thing to ...
[2 replies] Last: I second usandfriends. C# or Visual Basic are better suited to your n... (by Josue Molina)
Need to print numbers formatted with commas

In my program I need the output to have commas for numbers greater than 999. How can I do this? Thanks! if (ticket_price == 250) cout << "The total s...
[1 reply] : This is the canonical C++ way to specify rules for punctuation of numb... (by JLBorges)
by toast9
Getting data from a file

I'm trying to figure out how to get text from a file, but the user inputs the file name so they can change which file they can use. I wrote a short little code ...
[7 replies] Last: I don't know where the command line is, but I did finally found where ... (by toast9)
Getting a weird output, help?

I've included the entirity of the code here, I'm getting an odd output here, I keep getting it asking me for input twice before it accepts it, and then it doesn...
[10 replies] Last: Ohh wow, I see, so I should use the & when I want to be able to change... (by halamaker)
by Ltp
A silly mistake is crashing my code. Please help me.

I want to display, whether its reachable from a node to another or not. Here is my code: #include <iostream> #include <ctime> using namespace std; c...
[8 replies] Last: Can you plz solve the problem? No. That task is yours.... (by cire)
October 2013 Pages: 1... 818283848586
  Archived months: [sep2013] [nov2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.