General C++ Programming - April 2014 (Page 6)

increment/decrement operators

I can't seem to figure my code below to work. I have two files NumDays.h and ClientProgram.cpp clientprogram.cpp basically has the main module below ...
[5 replies] Last: Nope. I say it won't work for same reason that hoursWorked_John /= !(... (by MiiNiPaa)
iterators

in which case iterators can we deactivate? and show me some examples please ! :))
[2 replies] Last: delete or erase (by tamarela)
struct help

# include <iostream> # include <fstream> # include <string> # include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main (void) { struct {int chrono=0; strin...
[3 replies] Last: Find the index of the element that has chrono==4. You'll need a handy... (by Duthomhas)
C Framework recomendations

Hi I'm looking for C (preferably supporting C89/ANSI to some extent) based cross-platform frameworks for device input, common controls, 3D font & scene handling...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks but not quite what I meant (though pretty close), I was hoping... (by awsdert)
Beinnging C++ Function

Hello forums, i have specificity made an account on this website for help. I have recently purchased "Jumping Into C++" and i love it. But i'm having a littl...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you, i believe i am understand it a little bit more. (by Icecreammikey)
Date Help

Does someone have a quick code for converting strings to Dates in C++. Example: What is the date: User response: 12/05/14 Can someone tell me a way I ...
[4 replies] Last: Gotcha!! Thanks, will try this out!! (by karichie)
Need help in visualizing the hierarchy...

Please read my problem. I am not asking for code. I have been given a HW to write code for a payroll system. The base class would be Employee . There are ...
[5 replies] Last: BTW is the date class in the right place? (by Silver Falcon)
Shooter Game Help

I've been making a multiplayer shooter game and have a small problem. I want to know how to make where the bullet appears be where the players gun is. The bulle...
[3 replies] Last: Okay I got it figured out. newBullet.x = players .x + (20 * cos(play... (by Bingocat4)
by bonita
threads

I declared my thread t in myClass and trying to create it from the main. How can I do this? I m not sure how to write &t part and reach to thread_Func in the my...
[3 replies] Last: > I do not use C++11 I use an older version. Make the thread function... (by JLBorges)
auto iterators and vector.erase()?

Hi, I have a problem when trying to erase an element in a vector when using an auto iterator: for (auto &enemyItr : mEnemies) { for (auto &projItr : mProj...
[3 replies] Last: In a range-based for loop, the type of enemyItr is (a reference to) ... (by cire)
by bonita
instance of a class?

I am new to C++. I am trying to create 5 instance object of class Test. I wonder if these two codes are the same. Thanks Test testArray ; //which one is ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by bonita)
Nesting JLBorges' vout function

Here is JLBorges' elegant vout function that randomizes the cout function: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> template < typename ...
[5 replies] Last: The order of evaluation problem can be easily solved; store the result... (by JLBorges)
Ofstream not creating file

I am working on a project. I believe I have fulfilled all of the requirements, but my program does not create a file. I included an ofstream, but no file is c...
[11 replies] Last: I believe I have completed all requirements except for the ofstream ou... (by Varnell)
What type of new C++ project do I open?

Empty? WinConsole32? WinConsoleApp? I am trying to connect libcurl and https://github.com/aphenriques/quote <-dwnd zip and do this with me. I downloaded-7.36....
[no replies]
Determine File's Type

I'm writing a multitool designed to work solely on images (specifically, JPEG, PNG, and GIF). Part of the tool is to iterate over the files in a directory an...
[2 replies] Last: If you plan this to be anything but a toy... Maintaining a massive d... (by Duthomhas)
triangular numbers

this program is suppose to check if a number is triangular or not if your not familiar with triangular number they follow the pattern 1,3,6,10,15 and so on it i...
[10 replies] Last: Welcome to the board!* BTW, no need to calculate every triangular num... (by Duthomhas)
Can you debug this?

// // curl_util.cpp // quote #include "curl_util.h" #include <memory> #include <stdexcept> #include <string> #include <utility> #include <curl.h> ...
[5 replies] Last: Ok I will look to see how to find the objects "included" (by closed account zqMDizwU)
by Kubani
How to define a class

Hello all, The exercise is as follows; Define a class Arc , which draws a part of an ellipse. Hint: fl_arc() And the body of the class ellipse is as f...
[8 replies] Last: Although I could to find the bug of that code but still I have some is... (by Kubani)
Trees

Why can I call the array inside of my main function; struct Node { int data ; Node* next; } main () { Node *head; head->data = 5; ...
[1 reply] : You need to allocate memory with new. Node *head = new Node; (by prestokeys)
Initializing Constructors

(solved)
[11 replies] Last: class Club { public: Club(); Club(Club &c); Club(string cname); ... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
April 2014 Pages: 1... 45678... 41
  Archived months: [mar2014] [may2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.