General C++ Programming - December 2014 (Page 30)

C++ MFC Dialog Application - Password hashing

Hi guys! I am not sure how to do password hashing in c++ mfc dialog application. Can anyone with resource help me out? im new to C++ programming.
[2 replies] Last: i already complete my creation form just need hashing thats all lol. a... (by CrystalSea)
Making GREP with C++

Good day everyone, I have been trying to make a cross-platform grep using C++11 standards and the boost library. Here is what I have so far: http://ideone.co...
[4 replies] Last: @JLBorges, thank you, it was very helpful. (by InfinityCounter)
what is wrong with this code?

Why isn't this code working? I am getting an error in main with the statement "hash armon". It is saying that reference to hash is ambiguous. What does it mean?...
[2 replies] Last: i see, thanks a lot stranger! (by armonsafai)
Help Displaying a Celsius temp

I am trying to fix this code and as of right now I'm lost I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express. This is my Algorithm. http://i59.tinypic.com/att1d0.jpg...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> // using namespace std; //fu... (by JLBorges)
Need help with MFC dialog- login page

I have this in my login button but it seems to have bugs here. When valid username n password is entered it login to the other dialog which is correct and worki...
[5 replies] Last: OK done thanks guys i found that the error lies with the mysql_close -... (by CrystalSea)
Parallel processing - sorting algorithm

I was thinking about using GPU for sorting an array (just for learning about algorithms) and didn't come up with anything too impressive. Does anyone know wh...
[2 replies] Last: People use the GPU for sorting stuff all the time. Graphics stuff, mi... (by Duthomhas)
by Ganado
Making programs to work with custom hardware/drivers

Recently I got a drawing tablet. One valued feature of this tablet is that it is pressure sensitive (2048 levels). No matter what the model, almost every compan...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the keywords I'll definitely look into it! (by Ganado)
by bgmnk
Data Storing

I am looking to create a text based game application and I currently have no problems and understand what I'm doing up until I want to create a "save file." If ...
[2 replies] Last: You'd need to make functions for storing&loading the variables you use... (by zoran404)
by tmason
Built in functions (std, etc.) for converting Degrees to Radians?

Hello, I have a simple question that I didn't find an answer to while googling. Are there STD functions for converting degrees to radians and radians to d...
[9 replies] Last: > an art program like photoshop or paint, much easier to ask the user... (by ne555)
by kiana6
Unresolved externals problem

I'm doing this program for class and it's not working. I'm getting the unresolved external message. Any help would be appreciated Error 1 error LNK2019: unre...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you so much! That really helped me out! Can you please do me one... (by kiana6)
by Wolfvx
error LNK2019 & LNK2001

Hi, After fighting with compiler for 3 hours I still quiet figure this out. I keep getting these same errors over and over. Basically, I have a static library ...
[2 replies] Last: Holly ******** It was all because of destructor? I can't believe this.... (by Wolfvx)
C++ help

i dont know how to start this but its a project that i have to do and i dont know really how to get started on this. could someone help me: heres the f...
[no replies]
Need help.

#include <memory> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstream> #include <ostream> template< typename TIPONODO > void NodoLista< TIPONODO >::pop()...
[no replies]
by dred30
need some help with what seems to be simple but can't figure it out

i have to make a program that allows me to input elapsed time and then the accompanied vacuum number and have it spit out the respective pressure does anyone kn...
[3 replies] Last: You need a formula. Currently you have one single point of data, and i... (by LB)
by luke8h
need help with data members/functions

Still a beginner at C++. On line 251, loc = rms .exits_to_room[dir .code]; cout << "I am now in a " << rms . description << "." << endl; ...
[no replies]
How do I create a die rolling counter using classes?

I'm trying to create a program that rolls a die a few thousand times and print out how many times it lands on each face and then print out a graph using x's as ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, this is exactly what I needed. I have been struggling for the ... (by Jakecplus)
by luke8h
Trouble running problem. I get Segmentation Fault: 11

When i compile this, everything says its fine. But when i try to run this, it tells me "Segmentation Fault: 11" I am still very new at C++ and not the best with...
[5 replies] Last: Your set_verb function has 10 verbs. Your VERBS constant is 8. (by Ispil)
by jodytj
Linked List

//My instructor says: //My driver does not test all the class functions. My test data should be input from the keyboard. //----------------------------------...
[4 replies] Last: Tests should also cover all list operations. For instance, test List... (by JLBorges)
RIFF RIFF/LIST header structure? Actual data overlap with header fccType?

According to: http://www.johnloomis.org/cpe102/asgn/asgn1/riff.html The RIFF and LIST headers are like this: typedef struct { FOURCC ckID; DWORD c...
[3 replies] Last: But isn't the fccType actually a part of the header instead of the da... (by dhayden)
Strange behavior with scanf and uninitialized local variable?

So I have this very simple code: int main() { char p ; int b; while (scanf("%d", &b) != EOF && b) { getchar(); scanf("%s", p); int length = strlen(...
[2 replies] Last: Oh right.. silly me.. sorry.. I've only recently transitioned from str... (by sebihp2007)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 28293031
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.