General C++ Programming - December 2018 (Page 8)

Where to get exercises.

Hello, where can I get exercises or ideas what desktop program can I do? I do not know what I can do for myself, so I need exercises.
[1 reply] : Type "programming contest" into your favourite search engine. Many ha... (by salem c)
TCP server and process client request

New to the forum, I run it with this code executable, localhost and a port number on one terminal. On the other terminal i run a given TCP client program, loc...
[7 replies] Last: Your mis-placed ; means you have this // read a message from the cli... (by salem c)
by WurmD
Why no overload std::max_element(vector)

Hi, two questions: 1) Is there a "good" reason why there isn't alread an overload for std::max_element that takes a vector and assumes first = std::begin(v) ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you! (by mbozzi)
how write to a file?

see these code that i use for write on file: cout << "void "<< tokens .Description << " " << tokens .Description; File <<"void "<< tokens .Desc...
[3 replies] Last: i was doing too much 'open()' and 'close()'.. line by line. maybe thes... (by Cambalinho)
C++ programming

Write a program that takes as input an arithmetic expression and should do the following: 1. Check that the expression is well-formed: that means the number of...
[4 replies] Last: > Yes, I do have my code! Really? For sure? Because it looks an awful... (by salem c)
Upper/lower case

How can I make only my first letter upper case and all of the other letters lower case for the first, middle and last name. This program is a name formalize pro...
[1 reply] : Duplicate post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/247114/ (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
C++ Assignment (Mean, Median, Mode)

I need help with this assignment. Given the following input file: (USE THIS FILE) 4 9 7 6 7 6 9 4 5 3 4 8 9 4 9 5 8 4 3 2 3 6 8 8 2 6 1 4 2 3 2 3 1 7 6 7 ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you! That helped out a lot. (by Aaron0418)
by Hammy
Separate String into different Variables

So currently I am trying to separate a string that a user provides to reserve a seat on an airplane, Examples: "2A" "3C". I need to separate that that first num...
[4 replies] Last: You got it! Thank you so much! (by Hammy)
C++ Homework

The question asks to allow the user to input a certain number then count the number of guesses it would take for the program to guess the number. Initial must b...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much johnniewalker97. It worked! (by mouzaan)
Linked Lists

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong I'm following an example but I keep getting errors the ones I can see are in my linkeList.cpp file. I can't figure...
[7 replies] Last: Do you have multiple inclusion guards in your header files? (by MikeyBoy)
Inserting into a linked list segmentation fault 11

im trying to insert an initializer_list into a list at a certain position but I get a segmentation fault 11 any idea what's going on? #include <initialize...
[1 reply] : Line 149 this->cur = cur->next; cur is a null pointer. Dereferenc... (by Repeater)
Towers of Hanoi Code explanation

I have to use a recursive function to solve towers of Hanoi Problem. I found this code online, it works, but didn't understand it. Could someone please provide...
[2 replies] Last: You can try adding instructions to let it display what it's doing whil... (by Enoizat)
About class's(OOP): i need some information. And Multidimensional Vectors (1,2)

we have 1 class variable. like we know the class have methods... and some of that methods can be another class variable(like nested class's). my question, no c...
[36 replies] Last: thank you so much for all (by Cambalinho)
Inserting a value into a linked list using iterator position

Im trying to insert a new element into a Linked list but instead of inserting the value my program replaces the value with the new value in that location for ex...
[2 replies] Last: Insert appears to work correctly when I try it: int main() { Lis... (by JLBorges)
Program to output amplitude values of a Sine wave, but not getting expected result

Hello, first post been doing some programming as part of my university course and decided to make a program that gives me the value of amplitude of a sin wave d...
[14 replies] Last: Hello Ganado, Thank you very much for helping. (by Vostok17)
QUERY

Create a call by referencefunction program that takes user ID (in integer) and password (in integer) as inputs. If default ID and password is wrong...
[2 replies] Last: To give you an idea, #include <iostream> struct User { int userID;... (by chicofeo)
Subclass Object in Baseclass/Superclass

What I am trying to do is: Base.h #include "Sub.h" class Base { Sub subobject int x; } Sub.h #include Base // to acces x from .cpp file class Sub: public...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, The reason there is a problem in the OP, is because of circular i... (by TheIdeasMan)
Array Homework help!

Hey there guys! I need help with my arrays homework. So I have to write c++ program where it needs to read the integers from a file names "numbers.txt", pass t...
[2 replies] Last: for function that computes average: double AverageFinder(int arr , in... (by Hammy)
by KadenV
C++ Homework

I am trying to make a program to determine if a credit card is valid or not. I have got the program done but there is a logic error somewhere in my program. I h...
[1 reply] : > sum += int(getDigit(cardNumber ) * 2); You seem to be passing '0' ... (by salem c)
Use OpenACC to parallelize your matrix multiplication C code to run on a GPU

I have to modify the code on https://www.programiz.com/cpp-programming/examples/matrix-multiplication for matrix multiplication. From there I must modify the c...
[1 reply] : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=openacc+matrix+multiplication (by salem c)
December 2018 Pages: 1... 678910
  Archived months: [nov2018] [jan2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.