General C++ Programming - May 2013 (Page 41)

by Aceix
Invalid conversion error

The compiler keeps on telling me that invalid conversion from wxBitmap* to wxString on the line with the AddTool function, whiles I do not even try to do such a...
[8 replies] Last: That because function takes reference not a pointer . You could pas... (by MiiNiPaa)
derivation is confusing. Need help.

So basically this program is from an exercise but even though I did everything I thought I was supposed to it still doesn't work. ERRORS: error LNK2019: un...
[8 replies] Last: Unneeded use of inheritance, usage of multiple inheritance are seldom ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Would this work as a copy constructor?

assuming the class is not using dynamic memory manager::manager(const manager & m) { *this = m; }
[6 replies] Last: Here is the rest of the program: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/genera... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
What's the error in line 42?

#include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> void entermatrix(int , int, int); void displaymatrix(int , int, int); void addmatrix(int , int , int , int, ...
[2 replies] Last: Actually the error is not in line 42. You accepted the values of rows ... (by sanjayambadi)
Access violation writing location

I have a problem. Im testing character movement in c++ and when i compile and run this, then try to press arrow keys it says "Access violation writing location ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, and also when i repair it, it does not move the character. ... (by SolidusSnake)
C++ replace char value to a pointer questions

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int replace(char *ptr, char c1, char c2); int replace(char *ptr, char c1, char c2){ int count = 0; int...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=vlad from moscow]The C++ Standard allows to omit the qualifier ... (by Peter87)
Encryption Class

Hello i have spent the last week trying to find some easy to use classes for encryption. I was hoping anyone could tell me if someone know about a stand alone c...
[3 replies] Last: I decided to go for Crypto++ even thoe it creates dependecys.. Found ... (by WetCode)
C++ Function Pointer Array Question

#include <iostream> using namespace std; const int * fun1(int *,int); const int * fun2(int *,int); const int * fun1(int * x, int y){ for(int i =...
[6 replies] Last: Thx u guys (by alantheweasel)
Singletons: to lazy instantiate or not?

Hi everyone. A book I am reading suggests that it is possible to "lazy instantiate" singletons (i.e. when GetInstance() is called, check if an instance exist...
[2 replies] Last: Singletons can be lazy instantiated by making them static inside the f... (by Peter87)
large numbers, c++ ?

Hi, I have numbers up to order e100 (i.e. 10^100). How can I store them in c++? Thanks! :) hansaaa :)
[3 replies] Last: aha, 2.0e3 works! Thanks!! (by hansaaa)
Stuck on C++ problem

I've been currently stuck on a C++ problem for about an hour and half. Here's the question: Write a program that generates one hundred random integers betwee...
[4 replies] Last: I made some minor updates #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #in... (by vlad from moscow)
create new session in web browser

i making a tabbed web browser in visual c++ 2008 my project is nearly completed. what i want to do is to create new sessions in each tab so that i can open mult...
[no replies]
by xubin
values assigning

Hi What is this type of value assigning? And what is/are it's usage(s)? .d_version = D_VERSION
[4 replies] Last: These are C99 'Designated Initializers' Not available in C++. http://... (by JLBorges)
Size of empty class

This code: #include <iostream> class Foo { }; int main() { Foo foo; std::cout << sizeof ( foo ) << std::endl; std::cin.get(); ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, that makes sense. Thanks! (by Fransje)
C++ Adding Sums With Void Functions HELP

Sup Guys, having trouble with the program. I have part 1 complete already but im having trouble with the 2nd part. I made an attempt at it (you can see in the c...
[4 replies] Last: I haven't read your code accurately, but I think one of the problems l... (by Fransje)
Array/Struct Complicated Problem

Program is above, Actual Problem is Below. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using namespace std; struct submissions { ...
[1 reply] : Nobody is going to read that wall of text. You need to be more specifi... (by Fransje)
How to access the virtual base class?

How can I access the virtual base class? This is a practice exercise from c++ primer plus 6. Also if you find any flaws in the code please comment on that. T...
[7 replies] Last: Yea that works too :) (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
Help with logic in cout

The << has the red error lines for some reason. And I don't know what's wrong b/c it looks right. #include "Enemy.h" #include "Lion.h" #include <conio.h> ...
[2 replies] Last: ahh.. Thanks JlBorges! I appreciate your help. I should have looked in... (by anjeloyo)
by bcppny
Borland Builder: 1 transfer item(s) contain syntax errors

Every time I start Builder, I get a little dialog that says "1 transfer item(s) contain syntax errors". I click OK, then everything is fine. This occurs even...
[no replies]
by matt11
New to c++ Need Help!

Hello everyone names Matt I'm new to the programming world, I have some assignments that im starting in my college class and would need some assistance getting ...
[6 replies] Last: I already pointed out the possible reason of the result. (by vlad from moscow)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 3940414243... 47
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.