General C++ Programming - May 2013 (Page 40)

how to store elements in a 2d vector and call them out.

Hi guys, i`m currently trying to implement a 2d vector to store x and y of type int. i have successfully passed it to the function, however i am unable to st...
[9 replies] Last: hmm ok thank you. Think i will look for other alternatives for that Th... (by CLearner88)
by mrpeed
What does this mean in C/C++?

1. typedef struct pq_item pq_item_t; 2. void *item; //what is type void I have never seen //void used like this...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you! (by mrpeed)
lagrange interpolation for reconstructing shamir secret sharing

Hi guys, i`m currently having trouble with implementing a lagrange interpolation scheme for the reconstruction of shamir secret sharing . the formula is as f...
[no replies]
Help with reading in rext files.

I was given these instructions for my college programming assignment, and I have done parts 1 and 2, and am having trouble on part three. 1. Use a function n...
[no replies]
can`t store different values into vector by user input

Hi guys, i`m facing a problem. I can`t seem to store multiple values into my vector when a user keys in an input. Lets say a user inputs 1,2 as the first set...
[6 replies] Last: ok noted on that point! thanks for your help! =) (by CLearner88)
File read / find - miss 1st line in file

Hi, I wrote the below code to find the line with "abc" as my parameter to strTosearch. I expected to the line 1st line but, this function always match the 2n...
[3 replies] Last: Hi Thanks. That fixed the problem. I did not catch it was not coming... (by mathewfer)
Calling a class function error

So just for fun, I'm creating a text-based game. However, I've run into a problem with the character choice. int response; int myChoice; int section=0; i...
[5 replies] Last: you need to declare an instance of you class in the main program sto... (by Michaela Elise)
Need Help on reading in text files

My college professor assigned us a program to complete. I am having trouble with a few of the methods. The first instruction asked that I "1. Use a function nam...
[1 reply] : Mostly right. The instructions seem to want the promptuser() to just ... (by Michaela Elise)
SEEKING HELP FROM GURUS OF C++

HELP ME GUYS PLEASE Using the following grammar: <expression> := <component> | <component> + <expression> <component> := <factor> | <factor> + <component...
[1 reply] : Here ya go. This is very similar to what you need. Have fun!!! :) ... (by Michaela Elise)
by lypan
sort n-dimension point and keep track of original index

I have a set of n- dimension point store in `vector< vector<double> >` ex A ............. , and A = X, A = Y, A = Z and I want to sort the vector ...
[3 replies] Last: create a data stucture which contains a vector 3d and an integer. ... (by Smac89)
How to make Simon Says

How would i go about making a Simon Says game in c++ that would save the top ten highscores to a file and then if a new highscore is achieved, how would i reope...
[7 replies] Last: so simple, learn c++ lol (by Chriscpp)
Quick Question

In this code: // Ex8_11.cpp // Perfect forwarding #include <iostream> #include <utility> #include <string> using std::string; using std::cout; using std::end...
[5 replies] Last: Also what do you mean overload resolution? (by Anmol444)
Please help!!

In this code: // Ex8_10.cpp // Using a class template #include <iostream> #include <utility> // For operator overload templates using...
[17 replies] Last: It does VC++ does except there are no move constructors/assignment ope... (by Anmol444)
by rshaw2
creating 5 myfloat objects and 5 myname objects and sorting

Hey i have to create a program by creating 5 myfloat objects and 5 myname objects and sort them using a template function. Where you see question marks in the p...
[2 replies] Last: thank you (by rshaw2)
by GartRH
Tower Defense game - which graphic library?

Hi, I'm asking for help to choose graphic library. First of all: Sorry for my english, it's not my nativ languague. Grammar nazis can get heart attack by readi...
[1 reply] : I'd suggest SFML. (by firedraco)
delete pointers, VC++, Debug Assertion Failled

Hello! I am having the error "Debug Assertion Failed" at the run time with the code below. I compiled the code with MVC++ 2010, in debug mode when I click on r...
[10 replies] Last: > I use delete for dr, data, (both are 'new' pointers) and result, ¿i... (by ne555)
Multiple Inheritance/Polymorphism

I have a homework assignment coming up that I am a bit confused on. The assignment basically states that we are to use Multiple Inheritance/Polymorphism to make...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. (by HereToHelp)
2D Platformer Collision Detection

So, I've been working on my 2D platformer for a while, and I'm running into a couple of problems. I'm using a line based collision detection (Disch or Duaos sug...
[3 replies] Last: Bump. (by firedraco)
How to have a function be called every second

Hey, I am working on this project where I need a function to be called every second. At this time, I am thinking that I have to create a thread but I am clueles...
[5 replies] Last: With a thread, it could be something like #include <iostream> #inclu... (by Cubbi)
corruption of heap?

my program gave me this, "Windows has triggered a breakpoint in AllegroAnimation.exe. This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in Al...
[2 replies] Last: > which indicates a bug in AllegroAnimation.exe (by ne555)
May 2013 Pages: 1... 3839404142... 47
  Archived months: [apr2013] [jun2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.