General C++ Programming - November 2013 (Page 42)

Need Help

I need to build a program in which I have to write a program that asks the user how many test scores they have, and then reads the test scores, averages them,...
[3 replies] Last: A function can return any type of value, not only 0. Try something lik... (by yhu420)
Word Counter

I am currently working on an assignment and I can't really figure out what is not working. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(int argc,...
[2 replies] Last: Amazing :) thanks!!! Idk why it never occurred to me to do those separ... (by Opjeezzeey)
Ascending Circles

Im supposed to create an to array of eight Circle objects initialized with the following radii: 2.5, 4.0, 1.0, 3.0, 6.0, 5.5, 3.5, 2.0. Then use a bubble sort t...
[1 reply] : Unless you explicitly created a header file for your class declaration... (by xismn)
how do i make max/min/average score in this code?

hello so i have this project to grade several multiple choice exams. i have done so far the following. just need to output to the data file (besides the id a...
[2 replies] Last: to find the max score you follow the pattern: set max_score to a very... (by SIK)
Saving huge arrays for my game

I have been coding a while on a 2D random terrain game. How would I go about saving the maps? I have an array for blocks, lighting, background and background li...
[2 replies] Last: if these maps are to be loaded and saved quite frequently during game ... (by SIK)
Sum Array

SO Im supposed to write a program that uses arrays to calculate the sum and display it. I keep getting the error that says the sum has to be initialized. Any i...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; //Function prototype int su... (by agt)
Vector subscript out of range

Hi guys.My project's goal is to read some numbers from input file,then create a grid. my input file is: 2 3 3 4 5 1 2 4 first line is rows and colums.se...
[7 replies] Last: It can't be any old values, it has be the values the user enters in ma... (by kbw)
the rand() function and strings

I am looking at this piece of code: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> // for rand() and srand() #include <ctime> // for time() ...
[4 replies] Last: Seriously, I'm on a roll today. Let's just pretend I said "exclusive".... (by xismn)
studying for test

I'm studying for a test. How would you code a simple random generator for dice rolling?
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, I try to make this as good reference. And HOPE i pass my te... (by closed account ETA9216C)
evaluating postfix expression using stacks

i feel like im really close to completing this but i cant seem to get the result printed out i dont think im calling my evaluate function correctly and its not...
[1 reply] : anyone? (by scocuzza)
try-catch

I have been having problems in comprehending how to use them. i know that they are used to handle exceptions but i don't know how to use them can someone please...
[4 replies] Last: checked it and it helped thanks (by Cronnoc)
having trouble

i want to get the user to name the file but i dont know how to do that i know how i can name it but i want the user to name it. heres the source #include ...
[3 replies] Last: .c_str() converts a string to a cstring http://www.cplusplus.com/refer... (by Yanson)
vector problem???

hi guys.I need your help.My project is to read from input file some numbers then create output file.But my output file is not working.İt is always empty.In my ...
[2 replies] Last: I am sorry I forgot tags. I fixed it right now. you are right I change... (by earthquake)
by ztc7
Amortization loan program

Hi I am new at programming and need help making a mortgage loan program that will display it in a table format. This is what I have so far could someone look at...
[3 replies] Last: Well yes I know what it should look like but how do I code the while l... (by ztc7)
data member was not declared in this scope

Definitely the oddest error I've encountered in my brief time of coding, the compiler says that these integer values aren't declared in this scope after reading...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, it's always the simplest thing, thank you for pointing that out. (by xeonn eighttwosize)
Passing a vector to a function

as the title states i'm trying to send a vector to a function however i am getting these errors error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of ty...
[7 replies] Last: its my code (by Cronnoc)
Unresolved externals LNK2019 & LNK1120

Hi I'm having this problem with unresolved externals that really preventing me from......enjoying life. It is with the specific code that is posted below, an...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks LB that solved the unresolved externals problem. I'm now gettin... (by robertpires)
Array Subtraction

I am supposed to write a program that has the user enter in numbers (let's assume all the numbers are positive) and gets terminated when 0 is entered or the arr...
[14 replies] Last: Oh alright, I see what you're saying and I was able to successfully ru... (by thiskid)
Help needed with C++ code.

I have been working on some C++ code that doesn't seem to be going right. I'm wanting it to read a (three-digit) integer representing the value to be encry...
[1 reply] : First of all, please use code tags. You're declaring functions inside ... (by xismn)
String Subscript out of range

I've been debugging this program since yesterday and I continue to run into a string subscript error. I pasted the code in a pastebin (it's only 400 lines), to ...
[5 replies] Last: No, it's okay. I can figure it out from here. (by MrMacintosh)
November 2013 Pages: 1... 4041424344... 46
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.